Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The taste of crow
(11-29-2016, 11:07 AM)bengals67 Wrote: I have many family members who put their life on the line to protect our country.

If I owned a team, I would not have a player who disrespected the flag during the national anthem and he would be cut.

The First Amendment does not prevent private employers from firing employees for whatever reason they like.

If Godell can fine a player for excessive celebration ( No Fun League) he can fine someone for disrespecting the flag during the national anthem. But he won't do that because Godell is totally bought into the prevailing PC culture.

Isn't it technically a call for political correctness when you want Godell to fine players because what they are doing offends you?  Again, this isn't the P&R forum, but I find your perspective interesting.  It just seems like we as a society are supposed to suck it up and stop being easily-offended crybabies UNLESS someone is doing something offensive regarding the flag.  In that case it is good to be offended and call for help?

Again, I would think the people who are so proud to be "un PC" and eager to tell everyone that their feelings don't matter and that they need to stop being wimps would be able to get over something like this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 11:35 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, I am eating crow this year. I predicted the Bengals would be 11-5 or 10-6 and win the division at the start of the season. This team might win one or two more games this year. Heck, we could even be swept with Cleveland getting their only win against us. I initially thought we had a lot of good players returning and a chance to repeat as division champs. Marvin has made us division chumps instead. We need to rebuild this team and replace Marvin ASAP. My Reds and Bengals are making Cincinnati look bad. And I'm tired of it.

It's a good thing Cincinnati is a lot more than the success of it's professional baseball and football teams.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 05:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's a good thing Cincinnati is a lot more than the success of it's professional baseball and football teams.

Yes, like cheese coneys and graeters ice cream. 
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote