Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The try to relax post game #1 beat down!
Tough game to watch, I suggest we come up with some witty reasons how we looked a high school team today.

The offense was so bad (how bad was It).........The Dawg Pound threw the guys a few sympathy bones

Long year everyone, I am as disappointed as anyone, but only 1 game over, 16 to go and hopefully that was an outlier of things to come
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It was just a miserable day in Cleveland. Nothing more, nothing less... and unfortunately it will be a long week of negative Nancys with the hot takes.

I did think that Joe's leg definitely wasn't 100% or he didn't have full confidence in it. There were a couple of groundings where he was out of the pocket and their was space to get yards in front of him.

The defense looks good, but there is only so much fuel in the tank. The offence will be fine and you're not going to face a defensive front like that in a monsoon every week.

Week 2, @home... be loud Cincy.
Reply/Quote
I think the injury is being overblown as an excuse. Sure maybe he didn't take off running due it and there was a short 3rd and 1 where I thought a QB sneak was in order that we probably didn't do because of the calf. But if that's a concern game plan for it don't just do your exact same offense and take the things out Burrow can't do. People are going to be upset because it's week 1 and we all waited to watch that abysmal performance. Now we all get to wait another week to see if that lit a fire under them and they come out and get a win. But unfortunately even if they look a lot better and still lose they'll still be 0-2 with another huge hole to climb out of.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 04:19 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: It was just a miserable day in Cleveland. Nothing more, nothing less... and unfortunately it will be a long week of negative Nancys with the hot takes.

I did think that Joe's leg definitely wasn't 100% or he didn't have full confidence in it. There were a couple of groundings where he was out of the pocket and their was space to get yards in front of him.

The defense looks good, but there is only so much fuel in the tank. The offence will be fine and you're not going to face a defensive front like that in a monsoon every week.

Week 2, @home... be loud Cincy.

I think twice he threw it in the dirt and still got tackled somewhat late 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 07:03 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I think the injury is being overblown as an excuse. Sure maybe he didn't take off running due it and there was a short 3rd and 1 where I thought a QB sneak was in order that we probably didn't do because of the calf. But if that's a concern game plan for it don't just do your exact same offense and take the things out Burrow can't do. People are going to be upset because it's week 1 and we all waited to watch that abysmal performance. Now we all get to wait another week to see if that lit a fire under them and they come out and get a win. But unfortunately even if they look a lot better and still lose they'll still be 0-2 with another huge hole to climb out of.

There were a couple of late hits based on past seasons... but I don't know if the NFL evolved the rule a bit or if the field conditions allowed a bit more leniency on stopping... none of them were over the top. It was pretty well officiated all things considered.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 07:18 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: I think twice he threw it in the dirt and still got tackled somewhat late 

Burrow looked annoyed one time when he threw it in the dirt on a busted play (obvious penalty) so that he didn't get tackled and still got tackled. Because it wasn't a hard tackle, I think the refs let it go, but it was still rather obviously late and he's coming off an injury. Burrow looked at the nearest refs as if "how do you let that go?" 
Reply/Quote
I'm relaxed and will stay relaxed as long as we don't look like hammered doo-doo next week.
Reply/Quote
We've all been down this road before with the Burrow-led Bengals. Bad first halves where the Bengals came out firing the second half. Bad starts to seasons that got turned around. Bad losses from which they bounced back. I think we should have learned by now to not go over the top with comments based on one game or one half.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 08:34 AM)Nepa Wrote: We've all been down this road before with the Burrow-led Bengals.  Bad first halves where the Bengals came out firing the second half. Bad starts to seasons that got turned around. Bad losses from which they bounced back. I think we should have learned by now to not go over the top with comments based on one game or one half.

Bad halves yes. But bad start to seasons? I think we're singling out last year too much. 2 years ago we won the 1st game of the season. So Burrows 1st and 3rd seasons we lost the 1st game because of missed extra points. But maybe this game and our first half of games struggle have a common denominator. Zac Taylor? We don't scheme guys open or anything necessarily special for opponents. Burrow is supposed to read the defense and distribute the ball. Some games it might take him a while to do this and unfortunately he couldn't get it going this game. Our coaches on offense just don't offer much.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 08:13 AM)Nepa Wrote: Burrow looked annoyed one time when he threw it in the dirt on a busted play (obvious penalty) so that he didn't get tackled and still got tackled. Because it wasn't a hard tackle, I think the refs let it go, but it was still rather obviously late and he's coming off an injury. Burrow looked at the nearest refs as if "how do you let that go?" 

He got hit in the head early as well that was not called. 
Reply/Quote
Bengals lost, Stealers lost, Chefs lost. Stealers took a 30-7 beatdown by the 9ers. Ravens beat the hapless Texans, whoopee. It could be worse. Does anyone really expect the Browns to hold onto their lead? We are a game behind the Ravens, who just lost Dobbins for the season. Familiar territory.
Reply/Quote
I pretty much relaxed the moment I knew the game was a complete wash out.. I watched some video about the earthquake in Morocco and the war in Ukraine and the game suddenly seemed really unimportant in the grand scheme of things..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It just simply amazes me how Burrow comes in and after being hurt in his first season, takes us to back to back AFCCG's, one Super Bowl, makes play after play after play, is the all time NFL leader in completions.... has one bad game and people are questioning him.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It just simply amazes me how Burrow comes in and after being hurt in his first season, takes us to back to back AFCCG's, one Super Bowl, makes play after play after play, is the all time NFL leader in completions.... has one bad game and people are questioning him.

ME 2 X 1,000

It's one bad game!!!!! There were several teams that looked bad yesterday. 

But some people are acting like we're back in the middle of the ML years or even 90's. Take a damn chill pill.
Reply/Quote