Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Draft and Other Interesting Stories
(04-26-2017, 04:39 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Could you imagine this happening today? NFL scouts and teams act like the government and dig up almost anything on you.

Yeah....that was crazy. The funniest part was the pick surprised the media team who copy and pasted his bio onto the website...complete with the parts calling him a chain-smoker and a gangsta mentality.

This totally had to be a case of the small scouting department just missing a bunch of warning signs. They probably saw a game tape or two and liked him and picked him.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 04:39 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Could you imagine this happening today? NFL scouts and teams act like the government and dig up almost anything on you.
Digging up dirt on just about anyone of any kind of celebrity status has become an industry of its own. 
I'm pretty sure there's someone out there willing to report whether someone wipes their ass forward or backward and make a big deal out of it..
Some of it is just garbage reporting. Some is important, but so much has become just gossip for no other reason than to drag people down..
It gets a bit disgusting after awhile.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 12:38 AM)grampahol Wrote: Digging up dirt on just about anyone of any kind of celebrity status has become an industry of its own. 
I'm pretty sure there's someone out there willing to report whether someone wipes their ass forward or backward and make a big deal out of it..
Some of it is just garbage reporting. Some is important, but so much has become just gossip for no other reason than to drag people down..
It gets a bit disgusting after awhile.  

I think that teams are getting used to this.

If a player has a character concern or an injury concern...I think that most teams care about the injury concern more.

Although...a guy like Vontaze Burfict went undrafted for character concerns...so this isn't an absolute.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 04:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah....that was crazy. The funniest part was the pick surprised the media team who copy and pasted his bio onto the website...complete with the parts calling him a chain-smoker and a gangsta mentality.

This totally had to be a case of the small scouting department just missing a bunch of warning signs. They probably saw a game tape or two and liked him and picked him.

The warning sign should've been Jerry Jones (Cincy guy, not Dallas owner) reaction to the pick. If you ever looked at Jones' website where he advertised his drugstore list, all the reviews for it were by Bengals players and Bengals personnel. I've read that some people used to be able to nail a few picks because they bought it and just used their rankings.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote