Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The type of season we'll have will be decided Sunday
(09-19-2019, 01:32 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: So by rookie you mean 2nd in passing yards? 1st in completions.... putting up 360 yards/game. I wish everyone was playing like a rookie by your standards... you need to stop being so downtrodden and get some facts

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS

Lol! There it is. Fact is we are 0-2
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 11:20 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Spoiler alert: bengals aren’t winning Sunday.

Not only are they not winning, but likely to get blown out again with the headlines screaming once again, "THAT'S NOT US!"  followed by "Bengals sign 53 college free agents after entire team retires!" Hobson spins it as "All 53 made the smart decision to retire with dignity so they could be with their families!"  Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 11:24 AM)BengalsGenius Wrote: 1st the good. The offense will definitely be a force at some point.

Now the bad. The offensive line cannot run block, and its going to be an issue all season. Especially with Cordy Glenn being out. I'm a little bothered by the poor off-season in regards to rebuilding the O-line. Of course the Williams injury and the retirements didn't help.

The poor tackling has not improved at all. The linebackers are slow.

If AJ Green can stay healthy this could be an extremely potent offense. If the Bengals can beat the Bills Sunday, we still have a chance at an enjoyable season. I do like how Taylor carries himself and it may just take time for him to shape the roster.

I also believe that Aubrey Pleasant was the 1st choice for Zac Taylor, but management didn't want to go with him.

The Bills do not have a good offense, but Josh Allen is very athletic and is scrambling a lot and making plays to move the chains.  Until they pounded Russell Wilson, I always said that our defense struggled with mobile QBs.  Not sure what to think now, as it appears our defense will struggle with anything.

They (the Bills) do, however, have a very good defense.  In terms of matchups, I have more faith that our offense can do their job before our defense.  So, I would theorize that the defense has a better day than last week (not saying much) and the offense will struggle but hopefully less than a week ago.  It will likely be a 24-20 game with a turnover making the difference in who comes out on top.  

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 07:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: Hobspin will soon be pointing to the Colts start last year....

I can't remember if they, in any of those first 5 weeks, looked as bad as the Bengals last week.

They both had the rough offseason start to their HC career, both QB's coming off of injury, both DC's unknown, both post SB hires, both going OLine early in the draft.... Just wait. Hobs will be on it.

It was the Texans that started 0-3 last year...but I get what you are saying. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 01:32 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: So by rookie you mean 2nd in passing yards? 1st in completions.... putting up 360 yards/game. I wish everyone was playing like a rookie by your standards... you need to stop being so downtrodden and get some facts

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS

Don't you know that Dalton:

Led the tackling drills all last week
Designed the defensive scheme
Made all the offensive line calls
Tripped every RB
Started at MLB
Started at SS
Provided pre-game meal of hot buttered corn on the cob without wet naps
Drafted Malik Jefferson
Injured Jonah Williams
Leg-whipped AJ Green

Oh, and he also decided the team should wear the all-black uniforms on the hottest game in September history because it "looks cool" in contrast with his hair.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is on pace to getting sacked 72 times this year.

That is the beginning and end of any discussions about this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 07:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Don't you know that Dalton:

Led the tackling drills all last week
Designed the defensive scheme
Made all the offensive line calls
Tripped every RB
Started at MLB
Started at SS
Provided pre-game meal of hot buttered corn on the cob without wet naps
Drafted Malik Jefferson
Injured Jonah Williams
Leg-whipped AJ Green

Oh, and he also decided the team should wear the all-black uniforms on the hottest game in September history because it "looks cool" in contrast with his hair.

No he didn't
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 07:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Oh, and he also decided the team should wear the all-black uniforms on the hottest game in September history because it "looks cool" in contrast with his hair.

Yea, uh huh, you know what it is
Black and Orangeoh
Black and Orangeoh
Black and Orangeoh
Black and Orangeoh

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Historically, the Bengals have a tough time playing in Buffalo. I know the way they looked against the 49ers was not encouraging but I also remember how great the team looked against another tough Venue in Seattle. I think the Seattle Bengals come out against Bills and Dalton-Ross have another great outing.

I could see the Bengals going 3-2...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 02:35 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Historically, the Bengals have a tough time playing in Buffalo.  I know the way they looked against the 49ers was not encouraging but I also remember how great the team looked against another tough Venue in Seattle.  I think the Seattle Bengals come out against Bills and Dalton-Ross have another great outing.

I could see the Bengals going 3-2...

It's a weird series. 

Bengals started off 11-5 against the Bills
Then lost 10 in a row
And in the last 5 they're 4-1, including 2-0 in Buffalo

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Start saving your pennies to chip in for that 70 foot tall statue of Mike Brown at season's end after we're celebrating our first ever Super Bowl victory..
What? You mean you'd never pay a dime to see the likeness of Mikey on Fountain Square? How about if he was hung in effigy on Fountain Square? No? How about if he was just hung on Fountain Square?  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
When you come to think of it, Maybe Dalton's quick release is making our OLine's PFF ratings better than it should be. Dalton's quick release makes up huge for our weak OLine.

Also, maybe we should count our blessings. Many of us wanted an LB last draft. Look how that turned out. One has a knee injury and the other is average.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 02:43 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's a weird series. 

Bengals started off 11-5 against the Bills
Then lost 10 in a row
And in the last 5 they're 4-1, including 2-0 in Buffalo

hummm that is interesting
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
This is not a winning team. Period. Point blank. Full stop. This o-line is just too poor and our LB corp might be the worst in the league.

We have 2 key units that legitimately might be the worst out there.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 11:24 AM)BengalsGenius Wrote: 1st the good. The offense will definitely be a force at some point.

Now the bad. The offensive line cannot run block, and its going to be an issue all season. Especially with Cordy Glenn being out. I'm a little bothered by the poor off-season in regards to rebuilding the O-line. Of course the Williams injury and the retirements didn't help.

The poor tackling has not improved at all. The linebackers are slow.

If AJ Green can stay healthy this could be an extremely potent offense. If the Bengals can beat the Bills Sunday, we still have a chance at an enjoyable season. I do like how Taylor carries himself and it may just take time for him to shape the roster.

I also believe that Aubrey Pleasant was the 1st choice for Zac Taylor, but management didn't want to go with him.

Cordy Glenn actually has not been a very good run blocker.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 09:47 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: This is not a winning team. Period. Point blank. Full stop. This o-line is just too poor and our LB corp might be the worst in the league.

We have 2 key units that legitimately might be the worst out there.

What do you expect when they released Burfict (who had a down year last year), aren't playing their draft pick, and didn't pick up anyone new in FA? LBs these days can't get away with running a 4.7 or slower if they have to go sideline to sideline, and that's the case with Vigil and Brown, who are getting practically of the defensive snaps at LB. 

I'd be interested to see Brown and Vigil swap with Pratt and Evans to see how much better or worse the LB unit performed.

As for OL, that one is moreso on due to health. I think this OL would have been performing (far) better if Jonah (or even Glenn) was at LT and Boling (or even Glenn) was at LG. I'll be interested to see if Miller ends up playing more like he did in Game 1 or Game 2 throughout the season, as they were basically polar opposites.

If the team is satisfied with Dalton at QB, John Ross and Tyler Boyd at WR, and Dunlap-Hubbard-Lawson at DE going into next year, I'd absolutely love to see the Bengals get Andrew Thomas out of Georgia. Thomas is one of those OTs who should be very good at either OT position, so I'd love to see him and Williams either together on the left side or as the future bookends.

There seem to be a lot of good LBs set to hit FA in 2020, and one in particular sticks out that I think should be a target...Cory Littleton.
Littleton had 125 tackles, 3 INTs, 13 PDs, and 4 sacks last year. This year in just two games, he's already at 22 tackles, 1 INT, 4 PDs, and 1 FF.
Him with Pratt could be a very good combo and worth the investment.

Also of note...some very special former Bengal is set to hit FA after this year...Andrew Whitworth. I would hope Brown realized his mistake that Whitworth hadn't really declined like he thought and would consider bringing Whitworth back for another year or two to retire as a Bengal and help groom all these young OL.

Man, that would be a true idealistic scenario right there...  :andy:
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 07:52 AM)XsandOs Wrote: Dalton is on pace to getting sacked 72 times this year.

That is the beginning and end of any discussions about this season.

bu..bu..but Ross is on pace to getting magical numbers.

Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 10:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: What do you expect when they released Burfict (who had a down year last year), aren't playing their draft pick, and didn't pick up anyone new in FA? LBs these days can't get away with running a 4.7 or slower if they have to go sideline to sideline, and that's the case with Vigil and Brown, who are getting practically of the defensive snaps at LB. 

I'd be interested to see Brown and Vigil swap with Pratt and Evans to see how much better or worse the LB unit performed.

It almost feels like you're arguing with me here, and I don't know why.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 03:09 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: It almost feels like you're arguing with me here, and I don't know why.

Wasn't the intent. I was actually supporting your stance. Probably just the way I phrased made it seem like arguing.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 10:15 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Cordy Glenn actually has not been a very good run blocker.

Yep. He's actually one of the worst run-blocking tackles in the league.

But, he's big so people assume he is.
Reply/Quote