Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The universe...
Is absolutely ***** with us. I start flipping around the channels after the shit show that was the funeral of Joe Burrow’s career, and what is on? Point ***** Break. Johnny Utah and his blown out knee and ruined football career...

Hilarious, universe. Hilarious.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is absolutely ***** with us. I start flipping around the channels after the shit show that was the funeral of Joe Burrow’s career, and what is on? Point ***** Break. Johnny Utah and his blown out knee and ruined football career...

Also #9 and also a former OSU QB   
Reply/Quote
Paul Brown must be in heaven because watching this team is hell
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is absolutely ***** with us. I start flipping around the channels after the shit show that was the funeral of Joe Burrow’s career, and what is on? Point ***** Break. Johnny Utah and his blown out knee and ruined football career...

This isn't a Greg Cook scenario.  He will come back stronger, better, and even more determined.  It is a bit odd that it wasn't pitt, but I digress.

The Bengals will likely have the #3 overall pick in the draft and it should be worth a ton based on the top 3 QBs in college football and the dropoff behind them.  

I am pissed, sad, disappointed, etc, but I am trying to see any positive out of this crap show.  
Reply/Quote

Then you put in perspective  of 17 surgeries Alex Smith who cant walk correctly at 36? Is starting QB in NFL..
 24 yr old Burrow will be back
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:40 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This isn't a Greg Cook scenario.  He will come back stronger, better, and even more determined.  It is a bit odd that it wasn't pitt, but I digress.

The Bengals will likely have the #3 overall pick in the draft and it should be worth a ton based on the top 3 QBs in college football and the dropoff behind them.  

I am pissed, sad, disappointed, etc, but I am trying to see any positive out of this crap show.  

I seriously doubt he’ll ever be the same. His legs are a big part of his game.

Reply/Quote
If there is any karma or balance in this universe, Covid will cancel this season.

The shit team in PA is undefeated with a rapists that never gets hurt "honestly hurt, this prima donna acts like a hangnail is a gunshot wound"

The Bengals watch their franchise QB go down behind a trash O-line.

I just want some balance back in the world.. some Yin to the Yang, the balance would be the fans of the dirtiest team in history seeing their undefeated season mean nothing as Covid cancels it all.

Then Burrow gets to heal, and come back and this season ends up being like a really long training camp experiment.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Not the universe, just bad management, followed by bad coaching (hired by bad management), and the law of averages.

You go into this season, knowing your OL has been a problem for years, and do absolutely nothing to fix, you're asking for problems.

If you ask a QB to throw the ball more than any other QB in the entire league, behind said shitty OL, you're even more asking for problems.

If you go into a game, with said shitty OL going against a very good pass rush, and decide to throw the ball 50+ times, in a 9-7 game, you're basically screaming for bad things to happen.

I'd love to blame this on just sheer bad luck, but it's not. They put the future behind a garbage OL and paid the price. And their garbage HC deciding to let this kid continue to get hit over and over, only add fuel to the fire.

This was a disaster just waiting to happen. It's a shame Taylor didn't realize that maybe in a 9-7 game we shouldn't throw the ball 29 times in a half, or 34 times in 33 minutes. Especially since Burrow had already taken some absolutely brutal hits. Unfortunately he didn't make any adjustments to protect his QB, and we're left with what we're left with.

Mike Brown, Duke Tobin, and Zac Taylor are to blame for this.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:40 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This isn't a Greg Cook scenario.  He will come back stronger, better, and even more determined.  It is a bit odd that it wasn't pitt, but I digress.

I'm wondering when we'll hear some news. I hope to God it isn't a career threatening injury and he's back to normal next year.....

IF he is good to go and isn't effected by this long term, getting the high draft picks will bridge the talent gap a bit. It could mean a new coach too.

Just hope more than anything Joe will be back to normal next year.

I've been pushing for a top pass rusher in the draft, but now it looks like we have a shot at the top LT prospect and I hope we get him. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Then you put in perspective  of 17 surgeries Alex Smith who cant walk correctly at 36? Is starting QB in NFL..
 24 yr old Burrow will be back

And for every miracle story like Smith there’s dozens of players who’s careers are ruined by injuries like this. Trying to use him as an example of what to expect is stupid even for you.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I seriously doubt he’ll ever be the same. His legs are a big part of his game.

Ball placement and reading defenses he's also good at.  Those weren't hurt.
Reply/Quote
Alex Smith is playing because Haskins is a bust and Allen got hurt, and it is two years later. No idea how Burrow recovers.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not the universe, just bad management, followed by bad coaching (hired by bad management), and the law of averages.

You go into this season, knowing your OL has been a problem for years, and do absolutely nothing to fix, you're asking for problems.

If you ask a QB to throw the ball more than any other QB in the entire league, behind said shitty OL, you're even more asking for problems.

If you go into a game, with said shitty OL going against a very good pass rush, and decide to throw the ball 50+ times, in a 9-7 game, you're basically screaming for bad things to happen.

I'd love to blame this on just sheer bad luck, but it's not. They put the future behind a garbage OL and paid the price. And their garbage HC deciding to let this kid continue to get hit over and over, only add fuel to the fire.

This was a disaster just waiting to happen. It's a shame Taylor didn't realize that maybe in a 9-7 game we shouldn't throw the ball 29 times in a half, or 34 times in 33 minutes. Especially since Burrow had already taken some absolutely brutal hits. Unfortunately he didn't make any adjustments to protect his QB, and we're left with what we're left with.

I didn’t blame the universe for the injury. I said it’s ***** with us by playing Point Break right after.

Reply/Quote

Yeah, it ain't over...it's just going to get really boring for a while.  Then again, the prospect of going into 2021 with a HC with a 4-31-1 record is a bit of a bummer.

At any rate, I'm looking at the short-term mostly.  I don't know if Burrow will recover like Palmer, RG3, Bridgewater, Alex Smith, or um...geez I'm sure there is a rosier example out there.  I guess Watson, but he's probably dying to escape his crappy franchise so I don't know.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:46 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I'm wondering when we'll hear some news. I hope to God it isn't a career threatening injury and he's back to normal next year.....
I think the problem is we won't really know just how severe this is for quite some time. 

We need to all collectively pray that no nerve damage was done, and that no infection occurs.  Because if those issues develop then we're talking about an entirely different recovery.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not the universe, just bad management, followed by bad coaching (hired by bad management), and the law of averages.

I'd love to blame this on just sheer bad luck, but it's not.  They put the future behind a garbage OL and paid the price.  And their garbage HC deciding to let this kid continue to get hit over and over, only add fuel to the fire.

This was a disaster just waiting to happen.  It's a shame Taylor didn't realize that maybe in a 9-7 game we shouldn't throw the ball 29 times in a half, or 34 times in 33 minutes.  Especially since Burrow had already taken some absolutely brutal hits.  Unfortunately he didn't make any adjustments to protect his QB, and we're left with what we're left with.

I seriously hope they get a ton of heat for this. I seriously hope Zac is gone and we get a legit HC that brings Burrow to a Super Bowl. 

Will the Bengals learn from their mistakes though? That's the key. If they don't, nothing good will come of this.

The kicker to your point is we are basically eliminated from the playoffs at this point. It would have been wiser to start Finley and get a high draft pick. Albeit nobody would respect the move. That said, somewhere in between? Work on the running game the rest of the year and lower the chances of Burrow getting injured.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I didn’t blame the universe for the injury. I said it’s ***** with us by playing Point Break right after.

Ah, I see it now.  My apologies, dude.  I rushed to the first Burrow thread and just skimmed the post.  I just thought you were just making a Point Break reference, didn't even seen that it just came on TV, and went off the thread title.

My bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:53 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I seriously hope they get a ton of heat for this. I seriously hope Zac is gone and we get a legit HC that brings Burrow to a Super Bowl. 

Will the Bengals learn from their mistakes though? That's the key. If they don't, nothing good will come of this.

The kicker to your point is we are basically eliminated from the playoffs at this point. It would have been wiser to start Finley and get a high draft pick. Albeit nobody would respect the move. That said, somewhere in between? Work on the running game the rest of the year and lower the chances of Burrow getting injured.

I'm not going to lament a higher draft pick, but going into 2020 I said the main purpose of this year was to get Burrow on the field.  Burrow will be off the field for 8 months at least.  Main objective, blown.  That's the NFL for ya.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely zero protection on our investment. Idiocy.

Why do they take a gift of a person and do this to him? So sad.

I don't know what else to say. But I do hope he gets better. I do hope the Bengals learn from this. I wish it didn't have to come to this for them to learn. I hope now they do...

If he is okay, the high draft picks will be nice. A legit coach getting hired would be nice as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:48 PM)Destro Wrote: Alex Smith is playing because Haskins is a bust and Allen got hurt, and it is two years later. No idea how Burrow recovers.

Alex Smith had a compound fracture that required 17 surgeries.  They thought they might have to amputate.  Not even remotely a comparable injury.

The balance of the game after Burrow went out put paid to the big lie that this offensive line was improving and might just be serviceable with a little work.  The truth is that any improvement has been because Joe Burrow is a football Mentat and he gets rid of the ball in two seconds.  Even that wasn't enough today.

Sadly, Zac Taylor will get a free pass this season.  Shucks, just bad luck.  

Even if he were a good coach Taylor is just a completely unsuited to this division.  This is the AFC North.  If you can't protect your QB by pass blocking you'd better be able to protect him by running it thirty times a game.

At least the Steelers didn't get the pleasure of being the team to destroy our Quarterback of the future. 
Reply/Quote