Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The universe...
(11-22-2020, 06:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I seriously doubt he’ll ever be the same. His legs are a big part of his game.

How's DaShaun Watson doing with his legs?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How's DaShaun Watson doing with his legs?

I'm not worried about him. I'm worried he's going to step right back in this same shitshow he's leaving. Instead of taking this and saying oh no, we made a mistake with the coach and GM, he will say oh well we lost our QB need to give them a full year with a healthy JB. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How's DaShaun Watson doing with his legs?

Great. One example. There ever been guys who didn’t bounce back?

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Great. One example. There ever been guys who didn’t bounce back?

There have.

You can be negative; I'll be positive. 

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There have.

You can be negative; I'll be positive. 

Yeah, our history has definitely shown us there’s reason to be...

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, our history has definitely shown us there’s reason to be...

...as I said

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:28 PM)Roland Wrote: Alex Smith had a compound fracture that required 17 surgeries.  They thought they might have to amputate.  Not even remotely a comparable injury.
Was just giving the Smith story, not saying it was comparable, actually.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I seriously doubt he’ll ever be the same. His legs are a big part of his game.

Well, I hope you remember that Palmer's best season came after his knee injury, and same with Adrian Peterson.  Think Burrow will take his rehab lightly?  No way.  But I get it....very fresh and upsetting in everyone's mind right now.  
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, I hope you remember that Palmer's best season came after his knee injury, and same with Adrian Peterson.  Think Burrow will take his rehab lightly?  No way.  But I get it....very fresh and upsetting in everyone's mind right now.  

Palmer could’ve been great , greater than he was if not for that injury 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:47 AM)Bengals731 Wrote: Palmer could’ve been great , greater than he was if not for that injury 

Completely disagree.  Palmer had a great 2006, the year after his ACL injury.  His best year ever was 2015 for AZ.  He had an elbow injury in 2009 (I think) where he declined surgery and it greatly affected his play.   That was a bigger issue than his knee ever was.  

Phillip Rivers had ACL surgery.  DeShawn Watson did recently as well.  Tom Brady did.  With the surgery and rehab the way it is today, I am not the least bit afraid that he won't be the same player.  I honestly believe he will be even better.

Look at what Adrian Peterson did as a running back (!) after his ACL surgery.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not the universe, just bad management, followed by bad coaching (hired by bad management), and the law of averages.

You go into this season, knowing your OL has been a problem for years, and do absolutely nothing to fix, you're asking for problems.

If you ask a QB to throw the ball more than any other QB in the entire league, behind said shitty OL, you're even more asking for problems.

If you go into a game, with said shitty OL going against a very good pass rush, and decide to throw the ball 50+ times, in a 9-7 game, you're basically screaming for bad things to happen.

I'd love to blame this on just sheer bad luck, but it's not.  They put the future behind a garbage OL and paid the price.  And their garbage HC deciding to let this kid continue to get hit over and over, only add fuel to the fire.

This was a disaster just waiting to happen.  It's a shame Taylor didn't realize that maybe in a 9-7 game we shouldn't throw the ball 29 times in a half, or 34 times in 33 minutes.  Especially since Burrow had already taken some absolutely brutal hits.  Unfortunately he didn't make any adjustments to protect his QB, and we're left with what we're left with.

Mike Brown, Duke Tobin, and Zac Taylor are to blame for this.

Spot on. 

This wasn't just bad luck. The whole scenario increased the odds dramatically that this was going to happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Great. One example. There ever been guys who didn’t bounce back?

Nah... They really have come a long way with the ACL surgery and rehab the last 25 years or so. I'd think he'll be fine. This just sucks so bad because in the back of our minds we were all afraid of this happenin' from the moment Joey Boss first lined up across from Bobby Hart back in September... Then it did.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, I hope you remember that Palmer's best season came after his knee injury, and same with Adrian Peterson.  Think Burrow will take his rehab lightly?  No way.  But I get it....very fresh and upsetting in everyone's mind right now.  

I’m with you. My doom and gloom was purely emotion based yesterday. I think he’ll come back fine. Just maybe not as soon as we’d like.

Reply/Quote