Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cop stands up for citizen against another LEO

It doesn't detail too much but 
What do ya'll think?
I personally think, more cops ought to stand up for citizens. Especially against the bully cops. A lot of good LEO's get bad raps for the bad eggs out there. These policemen need commemorated for this.
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
(07-09-2015, 09:26 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I personally think, more cops ought to stand up for citizens. Especially against the bully cops. A lot of good LEO's get bad raps for the bad eggs out there. These policemen need commemorated for this.

And I'll add more citizens need to promote this type of behavior.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-12-2015, 11:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: And I'll add more citizens need to promote this type of behavior.

Yes they do GMDino! !!  ThumbsUp
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
I think officers need a daily psychological evaluation, depth being dependent on the nature of the calls of the day.
Those guys go through a lot and it is real easy to have the stress of previous calls affect situations, for days.
I am in no way making excuses for them.
All should be held accountable, but we are all human.
(07-14-2015, 12:15 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I think officers need a daily psychological evaluation, depth being dependent on the nature of the calls of the day.
Those guys go through a lot and it is real easy to have the stress of previous calls affect situations, for days.
I am in no way making excuses for them.
All should be held accountable, but we are all human.

Daily might be a bit too much.

Weekly?  Bi-weekly?  Mandatory after stressful events?

One thing that would limit it would be the cost.  Psych evals for that many officers that often would be a huge huge cost.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-14-2015, 12:33 PM)Stewy Wrote: Daily might be a bit too much.

One thing that would limit it would be the cost.  Psych evals for that many officers that often would be a huge huge cost.

And ain't it a shame that that is true?

We care more about money and cost than we do about people and lives.

Pitiful.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-14-2015, 12:33 PM)Stewy Wrote: Daily might be a bit too much.

Well, my thought was that a Sargent could be trained to make such daily evaluations.
Cops are extremely observant and it wouldn't take much training to qualify them to recognize some issues.
My second thought was that there be a list of high stress infractions that could trigger a professional evaluation.
I know they have help available, if they ask for it, but they don't want that stuff on their record to make them look like they have mental issues.
If evals became mandatory and the norm, there might not be the stigma of one being weak.