Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The way too early '22 mock drafts
I've been checking out the "way too early 2022 mock drafts" popping up online. The mocks show the following guys coming to the Bengals:

Evan Neal - OT from Alabama
Derek Stingley - CB from LSU
Zach Harrison - DE from Ohio St.
Kyle Hamilton - S from Notre Dame
Aiden Hutchinson - DE from Michigan

The '22 draft should be interesting since the Bengals should not have to focus on a prominent skill position player at QB, RB, or WR.

Early thoughts on who we are hoping to get?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think it will be Stingley CB!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 10:30 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I've been checking out the "way too early 2022 mock drafts" popping up online. The mocks show the following guys coming to the Bengals:

The '22 draft should be interesting since the Bengals should not have to focus on a prominent skill position player at QB, RB, or WR.

Unless Bates leaves in FA, I don't want a S in Rd 1.
I doubt they go DE in Rd 1, even if Hubbard leaves in FA, as they just drafted Ossai (a steal in rd 3 IMO) and Sample.
I could see Stingley for sure unless they wanted to keep Waynes long-term. Waynes will be in the final year of his contract in 2022, so they might want to have Stingley play behind him for a year or even possibly cut Waynes in 2022 to free up $11 mill in cap space.

Right now, I'd lean heavily toward OL being the 1st round pick due to there still being needs at that position. I could really see OT specifically, as the Bengals may really want to keep Carman at OG long-term and need to get a replacement for Reiff.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Neal, stingley or thibodeux, de from Oregon I think. To get one of these guys probably means another top 5-8 type of pick, which would a bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 11:09 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Neal, stingley or thibodeux, de from Oregon I think.  To get one of these guys probably means another top 5-8 type of pick, which would a bummer.

It would be a bummer, but I think it's the fate of Zac and the Bengals. I think the '21 draft added some awesome talent, but I'm not convinced Zac and the current coaches can turn things around this upcoming season. 
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 10:30 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I've been checking out the "way too early 2022 mock drafts" popping up online. The mocks show the following guys coming to the Bengals:

where does it have us picking in 2022?
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 11:49 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: where does it have us picking in 2022?

It varies depending on which site you look at, but anywhere between 5 & 9.
Reply/Quote
It's also worth pointing out that a lot of these guys mentioned are projected to be Top 10 picks.
If the Bengals pick Top 10 again, it will considered a huge disappointment and likely means the current regime is gone.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 11:50 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It varies depending on which site you look at, but anywhere between 5 & 9.

gotcha i tend to follow walter football and currently we are sitting AT 8th spot Grabbing DE Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan
Reply/Quote
I've read 3 2022 mocks since the end of the draft and all of them had us taking Kyle Hamilton. We picked 3rd, 4th, and 6th. I was surprised that we were going safety in all of them.

Plus, if we're picking that high, I'd suspect that new head coach Joe Brady would want to continue the NFLSU connection and target Stingley.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Mcshay has us taking Zion Nelson, ot from Miami at 5. Ahead of Evan Neal who goes a little later fwiw

Reply/Quote
Vegas has us tied with 3 other teams as longest odds next year. We are 125/1 odds to win the championship.
Reply/Quote

Lmao still no linebacker smh
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 07:18 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Lmao still no linebacker smh

And what lb would you like to see selected? Have you studied film of next year’s crop of lb prospects and ranked them? Then compared the lb position vis a vis the other positions to form your 2022 big board?

Yeah I thought not.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 01:22 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I've read 3 2022 mocks since the end of the draft and all of them had us taking Kyle Hamilton. We picked 3rd, 4th, and 6th. I was surprised that we were going safety in all of them.

Plus, if we're picking that high, I'd suspect that new head coach Joe Brady would want to continue the NFLSU connection and target Stingley.
Hamilton is getting a lot of Sean Taylor like hype! I would not be surprised if he is the first non QB taken in the draft next year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 01:22 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I've read 3 2022 mocks since the end of the draft and all of them had us taking Kyle Hamilton. We picked 3rd, 4th, and 6th. I was surprised that we were going safety in all of them.

wonder if the thinking is replacing Bell or Bates?
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 07:18 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Lmao still no linebacker smh

This is about the last year I'm willing to give this crop of LBs before looking for improvements, but I do feel a 1st round OL would be better than a 1st round LB.
Typically, 1st round LBs don't make as much of an impact as people think.
The best LBs in recent years have been primarily 2nd and 3rd rounders.
Devin White was good in the Super Bowl but not great during the season.

If the Bengals went OL in Rd 1, LB in Rd 2, that could be quite good, depending on other needs.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 02:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is about the last year I'm willing to give this crop of LBs before looking for improvements, but I do feel a 1st round OL would be better than a 1st round LB.
Typically, 1st round LBs don't make as much of an impact as people think.
The best LBs in recent years have been primarily 2nd and 3rd rounders.
Devin White was good in the Super Bowl but not great during the season.

If the Bengals went OL in Rd 1, LB in Rd 2, that could be quite good, depending on other needs.

who was our last 1st round linebacker we drafted here?  Keith Rivers?
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: who was our last 1st round linebacker we drafted here?  Keith Rivers?

I think that's correct.
And he was a Bengal for 3 years, then went to NYG for 2, and played his final year in BUF.
He played a total of 6 years.
Definitely didn't live up to the 1st round Top 10 hype.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2021, 04:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think that's correct.
And he was a Bengal for 3 years, then went to NYG for 2, and played his final year in BUF.
He played a total of 6 years.
Definitely didn't live up to the 1st round Top 10 hype.

Wasn't Rivers the one that got cheap-shotted by Ward(?) on a crackback block and broke his jaw?

If I remember right, I think that kind of stunted his development.
Reply/Quote