Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The worlds most liveable city
(06-23-2022, 10:49 AM)hollodero Wrote: OK what is it with the Trapps and the US? Hardly anyone here even knows who or what they were, and yet it's the first thing Americans think of. Well, the second thing, after these sausages and just before Billy Joel.

It's like me saying yeah the US is great, remember The Knack?

Not fair.  We also think of weird shaped genitalia.  But to be honest, I've seen your response before to the Von Trapps so I just threw that in.  We also think of the Governator, and half of Americans don't know it's not the same as Australia so they think of Koalas and kangaroos.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 10:36 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yup, that's them, same as Wien/Vienna really. Now me personally, I'd rather suffer lifelong diarrhea then live in Frankfurt... speaking of, interestingly enough the same type of sausage is called Frankfurter in Wien and Wiener in Frankfurt. On second thought, it really is not interesting enough, but I have nothing else to say.

Oh I noticed. I blame Trump and Obama. And the lack of social security and crime and pollution and the ban of menthol cigarettes.

A what now? You're American, you can go anywhere. You're good foreigners.

I'm talking about living there, not visiting Wink
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 10:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm talking about living there, not visiting Wink

We know you're going to sneak in and live there illegally.  The rest of the world is building NO AMERICANS ALLOWED walls, and the USA is going to pay for it. 
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 10:56 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Not fair.  We also think of weird shaped genitalia.

Yeah I never saw that either. I guess 'weird shaped' basically allows that comparison for all countries, but still, weird. Especially since you'd also have Scandinavia at your disposal. When excited it hits Iceland.

(06-23-2022, 10:56 AM)michaelsean Wrote: But to be honest, I've seen your response before to the Von Trapps so I just threw that in.  We also think of the Governator, and half of Americans don't know it's not the same as Australia so they think of Koalas and kangaroos.

Ah, I'm not getting into kangaroo talk again. I'll box and pouch anyone who goes there.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 10:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm talking about living there, not visiting Wink

Well, if Trump wins again you can probably go for refugee status.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 10:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: In the USA we've figured out that it's easier to convince yourself that being disliked makes you awesome rather than make the effort to be likable. 

Which actually makes me laugh.
A certain someone tries to run everything like the pure authority and will do whatever sneaky way to get what they want other than actually trying to work with and compromise with the opposition, and somehow that's glorified.
I will tell you that if I had to work for someone like that, I would not find that person to be a good person or admirable.
How you do things is just as important, if not more important than, what you do.
Maybe it's a generational thing. I dunno.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 10:45 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, no one here would ever eat those things. Cut in small pieces and canned in gelatine? What a perversion.

You wrap them in Biscuits and have Pigs in a Blanket.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 12:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: You wrap them in Biscuits and have Pigs in a Blanket.

Pigs in a blanket? More like penis in a condom, amirite?
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 10:45 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, no one here would ever eat those things. Cut in small pieces and canned in gelatine? What a perversion.

I ate them all the time as a kid, loved them.  On a lark I had some recently (a few years ago), and my god, they were vile.  The consistency was probably the worst part.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 01:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I ate them all the time as a kid, loved them.  On a lark I had some recently (a few years ago), and my god, they were vile.  The consistency was probably the worst part.

My FIL not only eats them on the regular, but he also drinks the sausage water. 
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 12:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Pigs in a blanket? More like penis in a condom, amirite?

Yes, especially as in things I'd never put in my mouth. How did this turn into a debate about disgusting sausages anyway. Hey, most liveable city, bragging, envy, no american town, European superiority, why can't you people ever stay on topic.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 01:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I ate them all the time as a kid, loved them.  On a lark I had some recently (a few years ago), and my god, they were vile.  The consistency was probably the worst part.

Yeah I never got a taste, but that's just how I imagine them from the looks of it. On behalf of the Austrian people, I distance myself from this product and express my shock that it gets associated with our beautiful city. We could not be number 1 with this stuff around.

As a kid, I ate many quite disgusting things, including raw onions. As a kid one is weird.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 04:41 AM)hollodero Wrote: Is it a matter of taste, of personal preference, a purely subjective verdict? No! It can be measured and the title goes to my home town of Vienna.
Says the Economist, so it has to be true.

We have great public transportation, good health care, a rich cultural offering, so they say. True. I can get in the subway, visit great museums or the Opera, then have an excellent dinner, and if I break a leg in the process they patch it back together cost-free.

Not that I do any of that, sure. I sit at home and hang around on a board for the football team of the 18th unfriendliest city in the world, where I engage in increasingly depressing political debates with a bunch of Steelers fans, because of course. But I could! That's worth something. Now let me look down on the US in sheer arrogance since none of your shabby cities even make the top ten.

When did "the world" become "America, not-poor-Europe, and China"? Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Let me know how it goes because I may join you.  A beautiful historic city, you work like 20 hours a week if you feel like working, and you get 6 months paid vacation to travel the rest of Europe.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 05:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Let me know how it goes because I may join you.  A beautiful historic city, you work like 20 hours a week if you feel like working, and you get 6 months paid vacation to travel the rest of Europe.  

I said I was asking for a friend :-P
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 10:49 AM)hollodero Wrote: OK what is it with the Trapps and the US? Hardly anyone here even knows who or what they were, and yet it's the first thing Americans think of. Well, the second thing, after these sausages and just before Billy Joel.

It's like me saying yeah the US is great, remember The Knack?

We visited Salzburg several years ago and my wife and daughter posed for pics at many of the sites from The Sound of Music. Salzburg is also a beautiful city.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 04:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: When did "the world" become "America, not-poor-Europe, and China"? Lol

Good point...the only place that matters is America.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 06:45 PM)BengalRed Wrote: We visited Salzburg several years ago and my wife and daughter posed for pics at many of the sites from The Sound of Music. Salzburg is also a beautiful city.

And yet again, first this is amazing. People go to Salzburg and focus on the Sound of Music... this is the city of Mozart, the Salzburg Festivals, a cradle of our culture... yet Americans are all about Trapp.

I actually was born in Salzburg. Yeah, it's a postcard city for sure. Now when it comes to the people who live there... well, I'd rather stick to the positives.
Reply/Quote
We are the #3 unfriendly city but it is Marseille not Marseilles ....

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 11:46 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: We are the #3 unfriendly city but it is Marseille not Marseilles ....

Ah, what's an extra s really. At least you don't get constantly mistaken for a crocodile hunter.
Reply/Quote