Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Their Bengals Careers are Over
(05-05-2023, 12:40 PM)pally Wrote: on 5/2 the Bengals announced the following players were NOT asked to re-sign with the team

LS Clark Harris- hope he has a great retirement.  I would love to see he and Kevin Huber as "Rulers of the Jungle" next season
QB-Brandon Allen-so this was before he signed with the 49ers.  They had planned for him to move on
S  Brandon Wilson-he just wasn't a good enough S to hang on once he lost his return job
CB-Trey Flowers
CB-Chris  Lammons- he had 3 days before he was charged with assault
and
CB Eli Apple-so all the speculation can end.  Looks like unless someone gets desperate his NFL career is over

Mitchell Wilcox is still apparently in the mix

Not surprised by any of those except Flowers.  Wonder why he was shown the door....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2023, 08:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is a prime example of the uninformed fans that we have. 

Again CB is the MOST difficult position on defense. 

The Bengals did NOT get a bunch of rookies, they drafted ONE to play this year and a project that may or may not make the team. They return 3 starters, 2 veteran backups, a practice squad player.

Low football IQ fans want to compare Apple to much higher paid CBs which is comically wrong.  Again, due to the difficulty of position and production over expectation and cost, Eli was one of the best options in the league.  

Teams replace CBs approaching 30 every year.  I do appreciate you helping to prove my point. 

Try to talk about fans and insult people's intelligence all you want. Some people state their cases without trying to insult other posters or be condescending. State your case without trying to talk smack. Do better.

The fact remains the Bengals choose not to retain the services of Apple and many of us agree with their assessment of the situation. You, I guess who think are a more informed fan, seem to think you know Apple's worth better than the Bengals organization. Chido returning from injury, DJ Turner, Safety Jordan Battle, and Dj Ivey all drafted. Free agents still out there. Sure, the rookies may not start, or even make the team, but knowing that, they still let Apple go out and be free to do whatever he wants. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2023, 10:39 PM)Destro Wrote: Try to talk about fans and insult people's intelligence all you want. Some people state their cases without trying to insult other posters or be condescending. State your case without trying to talk smack. Do better.

The fact remains the Bengals choose not to retain the services of Apple and many of us agree with their assessment of the situation. You, I guess who think are a more informed fan, seem to think you know Apple's worth better than the Bengals organization. Chido returning from injury, DJ Turner, Safety Jordan Battle, and Dj Ivey all drafted. Free agents still out there. Sure, the rookies may not start, or even make the team, but knowing that, they still let Apple go out and be free to do whatever he wants. 

pretty easy to figure out why they're not re-signing Apple

he's gonna cost more than he did last season, they got a clone of him in Sydney Jones for dirt cheap(1.3 million), they want to get younger, plus the rookie contracts are very very little money

these are the reasons why. It has nothing to do with his play. 

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2023, 01:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think GM's have stronger skin then fans who get mad at him for saying New Orleans food sucked (which is all he said about NO) etc.

Well, he's totally flippin' wrong.
Tongue

Although, if he was only hanging out on Bourbon St and only straying away from Larry Flint's Hustler Club and Scores by a block,
I could see him forming that opinion. He needed to go eat where the common folk go.
I've enjoyed a couple of places in Belle Chasse, Algiers, and even near Kenner (Bruh !).
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2023, 12:40 PM)pally Wrote: on 5/2 the Bengals announced the following players were NOT asked to re-sign with the team

LS Clark Harris- hope he has a great retirement.  I would love to see he and Kevin Huber as "Rulers of the Jungle" next season
QB-Brandon Allen-so this was before he signed with the 49ers.  They had planned for him to move on
S  Brandon Wilson-he just wasn't a good enough S to hang on once he lost his return job
CB-Trey Flowers
and
CB Eli Apple-so all the speculation can end.  Looks like unless someone gets desperate his NFL career is over

Why would the team even do this? Sounds like a Richard Move. 

Also, why the slur on Eli only? He and Tre are the same age and Eli has played more during their careers.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

CB-Trey Flowers
and

I would be shocked if that were the case.  He was a solid CB and those don't grow on trees.  
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2023, 01:27 PM)pally Wrote: Eli burns bridges wherever he goes...that does not make friends or GM's take positive notice.  Does his play overcome his talk?  

Marcus Peters is a flaming turd, but his play keeps getting him jobs.  I think he is vastly overrated but for some reason he keeps getting jobs.  
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2023, 02:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would say more likely younger/more talented options as none of the players on that list were particularly costly options.  It's always sad to see players who have been with the team move on, but perhaps the team felt those guys had reached their ceilings, as far as talent development goes?  The team went after a lot of fast, highly explosive athletes in this draft.  They clearly seem to be looking to restock the depth with higher capability players to develop into someday starters.

Speed.  This team, especially the secondary, has speed.  Speed to burn.  

EVERY starter in the secondary runs a 4.40 forty or faster.  Yes, Battle may start and is 4.55 or something.  Having a guy like Tyson Anderson to develop that also runs sub 4.4 is also nice.  
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 09:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would the team even do this? Sounds like a Richard Move. 

Also, why the slur on Eli only? He and Tre are the same age and Eli has played more during their careers.

Maybe so they have plenty of time to sign somewhere else by making it official?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 09:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: Maybe so they have plenty of time to sign somewhere else by making it official?

Seems like they could just tell the player...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2023, 09:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I can’t believe this crap I’m reading about Ademitis. You guys really just watch Burrow and the receivers. That’s it lmao

Ademitis was a big downgrade from Clark Harris. Wanna know a big reason why Mcpherson had a down year? Those snaps to the holders were not very accurate.

Once again, what are you people watching?

He was missing PATs, FFS. That is on the kicker, not the snap. 

I guess all those stupid coaches, who don't watch what is going on like the super intelligent fan you are, Frank, agree with most of the stupid fans, and think Adomitis did just fine. He has a job and Harris doesn't. 
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 11:15 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He was missing PATs, FFS. That is on the kicker, not the snap. 

I guess all those stupid coaches, who don't watch what is going on like the super intelligent fan you are, Frank, agree with most of the stupid fans, and think Adomitis did just fine. He has a job and Harris doesn't. 

The snaps were inconsistent with Adomitis at the helm, especially at the beginning. You clearly weren’t watching. Shame

If the snap is bad, it throws almost everything off. The holder, the flow, the timing, the placement. Adomitis’ struggles early on led to uncharacteristic McPherson misses

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 09:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would the team even do this? Sounds like a Richard Move. 

Mainly because Apple was a starter and Flowers was already a situational sub.  And I speculate Apple's career may be over because as far as I know he hasn't even had a visit to another team nor a rumor connecting him to another team since free agency started.  There also didn't appear to be a long line of suitors last season before we re-signed him.  I think it is a pretty done deal that Flowers is likely done.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2023, 08:56 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is a prime example of the uninformed fans that we have. 

Again CB is the MOST difficult position on defense. 

The Bengals did NOT get a bunch of rookies, they drafted ONE to play this year and a project that may or may not make the team. They return 3 starters, 2 veteran backups, a practice squad player.

Low football IQ fans want to compare Apple to much higher paid CBs which is comically wrong.  Again, due to the difficulty of position and production over expectation and cost, Eli was one of the best options in the league.  

Teams replace CBs approaching 30 every year.  I do appreciate you helping to prove my point. 

Right on

One of the stat heads the other day was comparing B. Allen's stats against the starters in the NFL at QB. Sure he's going to look bad, context. And I'm not taking up for Allen, at all. He's not good

But Apple doesn't deserve anything close to the hate he gets on here. Apple played some damn good games for us and we should be thankful. I'm old and don't do social media so I could care less about him running his mouth on there. But hell a ton of em do it. Like others have said, double standard.

I'm not butt hurt he's gone. But in the same breath I wouldn't mind having him back as a backup. 
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 11:15 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He was missing PATs, FFS. That is on the kicker, not the snap. 

(05-06-2023, 11:21 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: The snaps were inconsistent with Adomitis at the helm, especially at the beginning. You clearly weren’t watching. Shame

If the snap is bad, it throws almost everything off. The holder, the flow, the timing, the placement. Adomitis’ struggles early on led to uncharacteristic McPherson misses

I know next to nothing about kicking but the issues were due to change in the operation. One of the biggest factors was that Chrisman had never been a holder and I think that had the most negative effect. Brad Robbins is not only a good punter but an experienced holder. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 04:17 PM)Synric Wrote: I know next to nothing about kicking but the issues were due to change in the operation. One of the biggest factors was that Chrisman had never been a holder and I think that had the most negative effect. Brad Robbins is not only a good punter but an experienced holder. 

People are really dedicated to absolve Adomitis of blame huh? Lmfao

The snaps were bad even when Huber was the starter.

Matter of fact, Adomitis and Chrisman already had built in chemistry since they were the practice squad pair

Why can’t we just admit Adomitis struggled a bit? Is it really so hard to ask for?

Reply/Quote
You want a cultured gentleman to play CB or a qualified CB? Apple is definitely a qualified CB. His personality is irrelevant to winning  .. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 09:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He was a solid CB and those don't grow on trees.  

But....apples do grow on trees......
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 05:35 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: People are really dedicated to absolve Adomitis of blame huh? Lmfao

The snaps were bad even when Huber was the starter.

Matter of fact, Adomitis and Chrisman already had built in chemistry since they were the practice squad pair

Why can’t we just admit Adomitis struggled a bit? Is it really so hard to ask for?

LoL you are always so over the top its like you step out of a 90s sitcom. Drue Chrisman had never been a holder before the 2022 season. He has never received live snaps as a holder from that stance. Adomitis was a rookie and not perfect but lets assign the blame to the correct spot with the operation and that was Drue Chrisman.  
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 05:51 PM)Synric Wrote: LoL you are always so over the top its like you step out of a 90s sitcom. Drue Chrisman had never been a holder before the 2022 season. He has never received live snaps as a holder from that stance. Adomitis was a rookie and not perfect but lets assign the blame to the correct spot with the operation and that was Drue Chrisman.  

None of you will go back and watch the snaps, but Clark Harris’ snaps were near perfect. Adomitis looked like a rookie out there. It had a big influence on McPherson’s misses. Yes, I’m assigning more blame to Adomitis because his shaky snaps were clear and obvious when watching

And like I said, they were bad even when Huber was the holder

Reply/Quote