Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Therapist
What do you guys think ?   Will we be able to render him ineffective  or will he go all "Mike White" on our asses ?

[Image: browns-fans-deshaun-watson?fimg-ssr-default]
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 01:00 AM)Science Friction Wrote: What do you guys think ?   Will we be able to render him ineffective  or will he go all "Mike White" on our asses ?

Don't get the name of the thread. 

That said, if he plays anything like this past week he will not be the reason they win. I live in Houston and was at the game (had free tickets). He threw 4-5 balls basically straight into the ground and his INT was just straight at the defender standing there. Their offense was basically entirely reliant on the run game. 

Even that wasn't that great and they were fortunate with a punt return touchdown, pick six, and fumble recovery for a TD which accounted for 21 points. The offense basically didn't move outside of 1 drive which ended with the Watson pick. 

Any defense similar to what we've used against Lamar should completely shut them down.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 01:09 AM)TheFan Wrote: Don't get the name of the thread. 

That said, if he plays anything like this past week he will not be the reason they win. I live in Houston and was at the game (had free tickets). He threw 4-5 balls basically straight into the ground and his INT was just straight at the defender standing there. Their offense was basically entirely reliant on the run game. 

Even that wasn't that great and they were fortunate with a punt return touchdown, pick six, and fumble recovery for a TD which accounted for 21 points. The offense basically didn't move outside of 1 drive which ended with the Watson pick. 

Any defense similar to what we've used against Lamar should completely shut them down.

Guessing he means "the rapist" 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 01:12 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Guessing he means "the rapist" 

Ahh haha that makes sense. 
Reply/Quote
Browns beat us by running the ball.. if they aren't sticking to that game plan I like our chances.

Regardless Bengals should win this game if not I'm going to Indiana and will start betting the house on the Browns every year.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 01:09 AM)TheFan Wrote: Don't get the name of the thread. 

One of my favorite SNL  skits is  "Celebrity Jeopardy" with Will Farrell playing Alex Trebek and Darrell Hammond as the antagonizing, Sean Connery.

"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I never take the Browns lightly, we should all know that by now. As long as Garret is on the other side, they always have a way of making our offensive game plan go to shit. Don’t sleep on these fools.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 01:24 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I never take the Browns lightly, we should all know that by now. As long as Garret is on the other side, they always have a way of making our offensive game plan go to shit. Don’t sleep on these fools.

Of course they'd  better not sleep on them. but believe Burrow getting rid of the ball quicker lately in lieu of looking for HR's every play will frustrate their pass rushers and set the tone for a victory. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I ask Hendrickson to imagine for a moment his wife decided to be a massage therapist
Reply/Quote
This should have been his first game back, but the NFL wanted the ratings of him coming back to Houston.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 01:00 AM)Science Friction Wrote: What do you guys think ?   Will we be able to render him ineffective  or will he go all "Mike White" on our asses ?

He was 12 of 21 for 131 yards with an INT in the end zone.  Browns had two defensive TDs.  I am actually thrilled to play him over Brisett.  That may change over time if he finds his old magic, but for now, it's creeper bashing time.  
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 01:23 AM)Science Friction Wrote: One of my favorite SNL  skits is  "Celebrity Jeopardy" with Will Farrell playing Alex Trebek and Darrell Hammond as the antagonizing, Sean Connery.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

His best was for the catagory ALBUM COVERS

He took "ANAL BUM COVERS"  

His final jeopardy answer was BELOW.  Then his wager was ME.  And Tribek says "BELOW ME".  Like, Blow me?  Fricking hilarious.  Those are all on Youtube if anyone wants a good laugh. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 09:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He was 12 of 21 for 131 yards with an INT in the end zone.  Browns had two defensive TDs.  I am actually thrilled to play him over Brisett.  That may change over time if he finds his old magic, but for now, it's creeper bashing time.  

Yeah I honestly like our chances a lot more against Watson. He was rusty as hell last week. Stats don’t even do it justice. Half of those incompletions were easy passes he just threw in the dirt. Plus I feel like having a star QB detracts from their run game and offensive identity which is what has been killing us vs them lately. Subtraction by addition.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 09:23 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yeah I honestly like our chances a lot more against Watson. He was rusty as hell last week. Stats don’t even do it justice. Half of those incompletions were easy passes he just threw in the dirt. Plus I feel like having a star QB detracts from their run game and offensive identity which is what has been killing us vs them lately. Subtraction by addition.

should be interesting but I have to have faith that we are on a playoff run now and Browns are basically starting over with this rusty QB and getting to know him. + throw in our OL is playing well now ....I  see a V finally against these guys...LETS GET THAT BROWN MONKEY OFF OUR BACKS! 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 09:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

His final jeopardy answer was BELOW.  Then his wager was ME.  And Tribek says "BELOW ME".  Like, Blow me?  Fricking hilarious.  Those are all on Youtube if anyone wants a good laugh. 

Back on the mothership didn't we have a member named "Turd Ferguson?"  Their avatar was a pic of Norm McDonald on SNL as Burt Reynolds.  Maybe I'm misremembering....
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Watson looked terrible in his first game back in a year against the worst team in the league.
He's clearly not back to form (yet).
But the Browns haven't been a strong passing team in many years anyway.
It's the running backs the Bengals need to stop, and hopefully they can this time around with Reader back.

The Bengals need to get to a lead early and get a good amount of rushing in to 1) keep Chubb off the field, and 2) keep Garrett from causing havoc on Burrow.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 12:19 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Back on the mothership didn't we have a member named "Turd Ferguson?"  Their avatar was a pic of Norm McDonald on SNL as Burt Reynolds.  Maybe I'm misremembering....

I think it was here, and I would giggle like a child every time I saw his name/avatar.  
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 09:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Think my fav was “Who Reads” and and he says “I’ll take ***** Ads”.

Edit: board blocks the first word but you can probably guess what it says lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 01:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Watson looked terrible in his first game back in a year against the worst team in the league.
He's clearly not back to form (yet).
But the Browns haven't been a strong passing team in many years anyway.
It's the running backs the Bengals need to stop, and hopefully they can this time around with Reader back.

The Bengals need to get to a lead early and get a good amount of rushing in to 1) keep Chubb off the field, and 2) keep Garrett from causing havoc on Burrow.

I honestly think Watson playing works in the Bengal's favor. 

Brissett looked like a world beater against them in the first game and the guy has actually had a pretty decent season. They are taking a step back starting Watson until he rounds into form. He looked like complete ass against the Texans. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2022, 10:13 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I honestly think Watson playing works in the Bengal's favor. 

Brissett looked like a world beater against them in the first game and the guy has actually had a pretty decent season. They are taking a step back starting Watson until he rounds into form. He looked like complete ass against the Texans. 

Agreed. Sometimes Brissett is just on. 300+ yds and 3tds against Bills a few weeks ago? Not an easy task. We are better off playing Watson. I think our defense is going to feast this Sunday.

Reply/Quote