Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There are no "NFL gods"
LA doesn't give a shit about football.
A Bengals win would have been life-changing.
Bengals now 0-3 in Super Bowls. I know the Bengals future looks bright, but it is SO DIFFICULT to even get to the Super Bowl, let alone win it. I'm 51 years old. I'm starting to give up hope.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:23 AM)Tomkat Wrote: LA doesn't give a shit about football.
Bengals now 0-3 in Super Bowls.  I know the Bengals future looks bright, but it is SO DIFFICULT to even get to the Super Bowl, let alone win it.  I'm 51 years old.  I'm starting to give up hope.

this was deflating just because how hard it is to even get to a super bowl. 
Reply/Quote
That's a fun season. I do remember having as good of a time watching this team.

Even o line help they my not make back. It's hard to do.

That's what is though. Enjoy what you can.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:25 AM)motoarch Wrote: That's a fun season.  I do remember having as good of a time watching this team.

Even o line help they my not make back.  It's hard to do.

That's what is though.  Enjoy what you can.

and playoff burrow was much different than regular season burrow. seems like he tightened up a lot is the playoffs.

i'm nowhere close to being sold on zac either. he got lucky that the defense bailed him out 3 straight times but that luck ran out today.
Reply/Quote
Bengals now 0-3 in Super Bowls.  I know the Bengals future looks bright, but it is SO DIFFICULT to even get to the Super Bowl, let alone win it.  I'm 51 years old.  I'm starting to give up hope.

Best we can hope for is see how this offseason goes.
If they're serious about consistently pushing deep into the playoffs and have their eyes open of the weak spots, they'll do what they can to properly fill the holes.

This year was a bit of a miracle that they even got where they got.
We clamored all offseason last year to get the OL.
They re-signed Spain, signed Reiff (who once again missed some games in a season - this time the entire postseason), and drafted an OT that needed work to learn a new position.
It's pretty clear where they need to focus their efforts.
Get a more proven, durable replacement for Reiff and get a better OG (either in FA or draft).

They can get by with a somewhat worse defense if they can give the offense more time to stay on the field and score.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

I've been a fan longer than you've been alive. Its really difficult to get back to the Super Bowl. And if the Bengals do next year, the talk will all be whether the Bengals can tie the NFL record for losses without a win.

But the worse part is they've all been defeats that came down to the wire. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:28 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: and playoff burrow was much different than regular season burrow. seems like he tightened up a lot is the playoffs.

i'm nowhere close to being sold on zac either. he got lucky that the defense bailed him out 3 straight times but that luck ran out today.

Most QB's play worse in the playoffs than in the regular season the first time they make it.
Reply/Quote
If you want to feel like it isn't a total travesty that LA won you can focus on Whitworth being the Walter Payton man of the year, and Matt Stafford winning after spending eons wasting time in Detroit and his wife getting cursed with a brain tumor.
Reply/Quote

What a bunch of Debbie Downers. I'm 20 years older than you and I can't wait for next season. We had a great season even with everyone saying we'd finish last in our division. Bengal up!
Reply/Quote
We are a young team with a promising future. We didnt win it this year but the way this game went down is going to light a fire in this team, imo. Just have to fix the OL for real this offseason.
Reply/Quote

Well youngster, if things you should enjoy cause you to give up hope, perhaps you should switch to tennis. There are teams who have never in their existence even sniffed a Super Bowl. We've been to 3, and instead of the awful blowout games the Super Bowl is known for, we've lost all 3 in the last minutes by tight scores. If you don't think Burrow and Chase are coming back next year with a vengeance, I just don't know what to tell you.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:36 AM)BengalRed Wrote: What a bunch of Debbie Downers. I'm 20 years older than you and I can't wait for next season. We had a great season even with everyone saying we'd finish last in our division. Bengal up!

Not everyone processes things the same way
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
They may march thru the AFC next year and be right back in the SB. More likely, they’ll end the season well short of that goal.

It’s what makes last night so hard to process. They absolutely should have won that game. It was theirs. It was a brutal choke garnished with some really bad officiating. Bengals have been there 3 times in what, 54 years? It took 31 years to win a playoff game. This one is going to sting for a long time.

Get some better OL, find a new play caller and stay healthy next year, I guess..see where the chips fall.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
If it helps, Whitworth won a Super Bowl.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
OP is right about LA fans - I have to live down here with all of these bandwagon idiots.
Whit left so I don’t care that he got his SB just like I don’t get why Lions fans would be happy for Stafford. He bailed on them and I think he’s still a sorry ass leader. Couldn’t make the Lions better so whined to get traded to a team surrounding him with SB talent. Feel bad or his wife but he’s a wuss who never made the Lions better.
Reply/Quote
I'm absolutely gutted. Didn't sleep at all last night.

The part that hurts most is seeing how much a championship would mean to this city. It would mean infinitely more to Cincinnati than it does to L.A.. I've never seen this city, a city that I love, a city that I was born and raised, buzzing as much as the past few weeks. Smiles on everyone's faces. The Rams have only been in L.A. for 6 years and have been to the Super Bowl 2x winning 1. The Dodger and Lakers also just won championships less than 2 years ago. We've been waiting over 30 years for anything in this city. Throw in all the other heartbreaks of Kenyon Martin's leg, Palmer's knee, UC losing in the CFB, Hill's fumble and it always the same story. I believe this year's team is different but still couldn't break through.

I know we have a young team and over-achieved this year but still am sick. I hear that we "will be back" and I truly hope so but nothing is guaranteed. We all saw how hard it is to get to the Super Bowl. 5 weeks of 1 play going the other way and we lose. We were so close. It was right there. Who knows if we breakthrough in the next couple years or have to wait another 30+. Who knows if we will ever win one, especially in my lifetime. I'm trying to stay positive but but am absolutely crushed right now.
Reply/Quote