Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is no better shooter than Steph Curry in history
Tiger

Even on one leg Steph Curry is the best shooter thats ever lived! If not who's better?  Nobody. If you were fortunate enough to have a hoop in your driveway. Just imagine a kid hitting five straight from two neighbors down!!Thats the stuff Im saying! This guy is absolutely amazing!
What I'm telling you is that there isn't a shooter in your lifetime or mine that is a better than Steph Curry. If so who?
The Marksman
https://youtu.be/u9RSiebm3Yo

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRn8B45o/
Reply/Quote
How long is your lifetime? Your post reads like someone that has only watched the NBA for 10 years.

Nash, Dirk, Kobe, Jordan, Bird….hell stephs coach kerr…..all better shooters. Steph can hit some great 3s but his mid range game is not on any level of greatness.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 12:58 AM)basballguy Wrote: Nash, Dirk, Kobe, Jordan, Bird….hell stephs coach kerr…..all better shooters.  

No they were not.

Not on 3 pointers or 2 pointers.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 04:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No they were not.

Not on 3 pointers or 2 pointers.

I knew clicking “show post” on someone I had set to ignore was gonna make me roll my eyes. Thanks for validating. You have some interesting NFL insights but quite frankly your opinions elsewhere are clown level.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 04:52 PM)basballguy Wrote: I knew clicking “show post” on someone I had set to ignore was gonna make me roll my eyes.  Thanks for validating.  You have some interesting NFL insights but quite frankly your opinions elsewhere are clown level.

You post ad hominin attacks because you got nothing.

Meanwhile I have this

Warriors news: Stephen Curry on pace for best mid-range shooting percentage of last decade (clutchpoints.com)

You need to learn your place, son.

Reply/Quote
Michael Jordan has 10 scoring titles including 7 in a row and the other 3 in a row. Curry has a total of just 2 scoring titles. How exactly is this a debate again?
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2022, 01:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You post ad hominin attacks because you got nothing.

Meanwhile I have this

Warriors news: Stephen Curry on pace for best mid-range shooting percentage of last decade (clutchpoints.com)

You need to learn your place, son.

Did you really post an article that's over 4 years old from a blog site where fans produce the content? 

https://www.nba.com/news/derozan-durant-lead-top-10-mid-range-scorers

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/shooting/?Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&DistanceRange=By%20Zone&sort=Mid-Range%20FG%20PCT&dir=1

80 players had a better mid range percentage than Curry just this season.  I'm sure you can trim it down some when you add some qualifiers but I'm not wasting my time on it for you.

I appreciate the lesson.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2022, 02:07 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Michael Jordan has 10 scoring titles including 7 in a row and the other 3 in a row. Curry has a total of just 2 scoring titles. How exactly is this a debate again?

The thread title says best shooter, not the best player. Michael Jordan isn't even in that discussion.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2022, 02:07 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Michael Jordan has 10 scoring titles including 7 in a row and the other 3 in a row. Curry has a total of just 2 scoring titles. How exactly is this a debate again?

And he played in an era where a "hard foul" was enough to get you a visit to the commissioner's office in today's leagues..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 08:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And he played in an era where a "hard foul" was enough to get you a visit to the commissioner's office in today's leagues..

I don't discount what you're saying. In fact I prefer that era and style of basketball to the modern game.... But yet and still Jordan never had a 50, 40, 90 shooting season. Guys like Nash, Curry, and Reggie have done it. Larry Bird did it 4 years in a row averaging 28 a game in that same physical era. Talk about someone who's greatness is slowly being forgotten and taken for granted.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

You do realize the difference between Shooter and Scorer right? Steph is easily the better Shooter and Jordan is easily the better scorer.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 06:39 PM)basballguy Wrote: https://www.nba.com/news/derozan-durant-lead-top-10-mid-range-scorers

Thanks for posting this link.  Here is my favorite quote

Shot location data has been collected since the 1996-97 season; since that time there has been only one player to shoot over 60% from mid-range while attempting at least 50 mid-range shots over the course of a full season: Stephen Curry in 2017-18.

(06-11-2022, 12:58 AM)basballguy Wrote: Nash, Dirk, Kobe, Jordan, Bird….hell stephs coach kerr…..all better shooters.  Steph can hit some great 3s but his mid range game is not on any level of greatness.

Interesting fact about the 1996-97 season when they started charting shot location.  Nash, Dirk, and Kobe all played their entire careers after that date.

So how exactly are those guys better shooters than Steph?
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thanks for posting this link.  Here is my favorite quote

Shot location data has been collected since the 1996-97 season; since that time there has been only one player to shoot over 60% from mid-range while attempting at least 50 mid-range shots over the course of a full season: Stephen Curry in 2017-18.

Interesting fact about the 1996-97 season when they started charting shot location.  Nash, Dirk, and Kobe all played their entire careers after that date.

So how exactly are those guys better shooters than Steph?

Shit...remember that one time Shake Hilton made 13 threes in a row over 3 games?  That's about how ridiculous you sound.  

If you're going to talk "best ever" then don't try with your single season grasp where he missed 40% of the season.  
Reply/Quote
I know one thing... After an ACL and Achilles, Klay Thompson is a shell of himself. Dude used to be every bit as deadly as Curry.

Also... It's pretty well known that guys like Reggie Miller and Ray Allen would've really benefited playing in today's league, but I also feel like Glen Rice and Mark Price would've also appeared to be even greater in the 2020s.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 08:02 PM)jason Wrote: I know one thing... After an ACL and Achilles, Klay Thompson is a shell of himself. Dude used to be every bit as deadly as Curry.

Also... It's pretty well known that guys like Reggie Miller and Ray Allen would've really benefited playing in today's league, but I also feel like Glen Rice and Mark Price would've also appeared to be even greater  in the 2020s.

I really hope KT can recover his former game.  

Anyways....

This is the thing.....Steph capitalized off the uncontested 3 from 25+ feet.  

Reggie Miller, Dan Majerle, Ray Allen, etc have all put on exhibitions of shooting uncontested 3s from deep range....it just wasn't part of the game back then.  

Hell ***** Rex Chapman, John Paxon, and Robert Horry could've killed it from 3 knowing it's ok to take a 27ft 3point shot now.  

The only thing different with Steph is the rules enabled him to grow the balls required to shoot from that distance.  That's why he's not legendary from 2pt range...he's contested.  Give me enough time and I'll be legendary when my shots aren't contested.  
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 08:54 PM)basballguy Wrote:   That's why he's not legendary from 2pt range...he's contested.   

I'm sorry, but I think you must have missed this.

(06-14-2022, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Shot location data has been collected since the 1996-97 season; since that time there has been only one player to shoot over 60% from mid-range while attempting at least 50 mid-range shots over the course of a full season: Stephen Curry in 2017-18.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 09:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'm sorry, but I think you must have missed this.

can you just stop?  It's like trying to convince someone there's sugar in Skittles and theirresponse is "well one of them is green"
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 12:58 AM)basballguy Wrote: How long is your lifetime?  Your post reads like someone that has only watched the NBA for 10 years.

Nash, Dirk, Kobe, Jordan, Bird….hell stephs coach kerr…..all better shooters.  Steph can hit some great 3s but his mid range game is not on any level of greatness.

Your not serious at all.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 11:53 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Your not serious at all.

Yep, you've only been watching the NBA for a short time.  Thanks for playing.  
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 12:03 AM)basballguy Wrote: can you just stop?  It's like trying to convince someone there's sugar in Skittles and theirresponse is "well one of them is green"

So having the greatest mid range shooting season in history has nothing to do with determining who the greatest shooter is? That is some pretty interesting logic.

Since you think my method is crazy please tell me what method you are relying on to support your argument.  From what you have posted so far it appears that you consider Admiral Schofield to be the greatest mid-range shooter ever.
Reply/Quote