Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is no better shooter than Steph Curry in history
(06-15-2022, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So having the greatest mid range shooting season in history has nothing to do with determining who the greatest shooter is? That is some pretty interesting logic.

Since you think my method is crazy please tell me what method you are relying on to support your argument.  From what you have posted so far it appears that you consider Admiral Schofield to be the greatest mid-range shooter ever.

Find me Steph on this list:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/fg_pct_career.html

I can find Nash....I can find Bird...

I can't find Steph

Something as simple as FG%...there's no Steph.

I won't be clicking "Show post" on another one of your comments so I wouldn't bother replying.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 12:25 PM)basballguy Wrote: Find me Steph on this list:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/fg_pct_career.html

I can find Nash....I can find Bird...

I can't find Steph

Something as simple as FG%...there's no Steph.

I won't be clicking "Show post" on another one of your comments so I wouldn't bother replying.  

So you see no difference between shoot lay ups and shooting 3 pointers?

You think a guy who shoots 60% on layups is a better shooter than a guy who hits 45% of 3 pointers?

You honestly believe that DeAndre Jordan is the greatest shooter in NA history? Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I don't think you understand basketball very well.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 01:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you see no difference between shoot lay ups and shooting 3 pointers?

You think a guy who shoots 60% on layups is a better shooter than a guy who hits 45% of 3 pointers?

You honestly believe that DeAndre Jordan is the greatest shooter in NA history? Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I don't think you understand basketball very well.

I couldn’t help myself…..

Nash is a good enough shooter to appear on a list where it’s mostly big men. Same for Bird. Curry is not.

I can explain this shit to you but I can’t understand it for you.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 01:42 PM)basballguy Wrote: Nash is a good enough shooter to appear on a list where it’s mostly big men.  Same for Bird.  Curry is not.

I can explain this shit to you but I can’t understand it for you.

Well at least you admit that you can't understand any of this

Larry Bird
Took 90% of his shots from 2-point range and hit .509%
Took 10% of his shots from 3-point range and hit .376%

Steve Nash
Took 70% of his shots from 2-pont range and hit .518%
Took 30% of his shots from 3-pont range and hit .427%

Steph Curry
Took 50% of his shots from 2-point range and hit .520%
Took 50% of his shots from 3-point range and hit .428%

Steph is better than both Bird and Nash at both 2-point and 3-point range.  You just don't know math.

And just as a bonus Curry also has a better FG% (.908) than both Nash (.904) and Bird (.886).

Better put me back on ignore to keep from getting embarrassed again.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 02:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well at least you admit that you can't understand any of this

Larry Bird
Took 90% of his shots from 2-point range and hit .509%
Took 10% of his shots from 3-point range and hit .376%

Steve Nash
Took 70% of his shots from 2-pont range and hit .518%
Took 30% of his shots from 3-pont range and hit .427%

Steph Curry
Took 50% of his shots from 2-point range and hit .520%
Took 50% of his shots from 3-point range and hit .428%

Steph is better than both Bird and Nash at both 2-point and 3-point range.  You just don't know math.

And just as a bonus Curry also has a better FG% (.908) than both Nash (.904) and Bird (.886).

Better put me back on ignore to keep from getting embarrassed again.

It's comical watching you grasp at straws and do mental gymnastics to win an internet argument.  

I'll tell you what, If Steph retires after the NBA finals then he can be the best shooter ever.  

I'll leave you with this gem from another thread:

(05-02-2022, 06:31 PM)basballguy Wrote: The best shooter of all time rocking career lows in FG% and 3PT%?  

Steph's stats this season?  43.7% FG% and 38.0% from 3PT.  Steph is currently 34.

Nash's worst full season?  49.2% FG and 39.5% from 3PT....at age 36.  

Nash also has about 100 more games played than Curry at the same age.  So is it wear and tear?  Who knows?

Curry put up decent numbers this year but if he wants to be known as the best shooter of all time he's gonna need to get his shit together next season.
Nash played till he was 39
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 03:14 PM)basballguy Wrote: It's comical watching you grasp at straws and do mental gymnastics to win an internet argument.  

So posting career shooting percentages is "mental gymnastics" and "grasping at straws"?

How silly of me.

Everyone knows that they only way to determine who was the greatest ever is to just consider only one season out of their entire career when they struggled with injury.   Look at all the people who think Kobe Bryant was a great player.  They don't know that he really sucked because he only averaged 13 points a game when he was 36.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 04:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everyone knows that they only way to determine who was the greatest ever is to just consider only one season out of their entire career when they struggled with injury.   

(06-15-2022, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So having the greatest mid range shooting season in history has nothing to do with determining who the greatest shooter is? That is some pretty interesting logic.

It's cute how you want to consider single season performances when it fits your narrative yet disregard them when it doesn't.

Clown.  
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 06:15 PM)basballguy Wrote: It's cute how you want to consider single season performances when it fits your narrative yet disregard them when it doesn't.

Clown.  

Actually the quote of mine you just posted was making fun of you for picking ONE season when Steph was old and injured to support your claim while I have posted BOTH the best single season marks and the best career stats to support my position.

When talking about "the best ever" most people talk about the bets single season and career marks.  That is what I have done.  All you have done is squeal about on bad seson Steph had when he was 34 and injured.  So why are YOU ignoring the bad seasons put up by the guys you claim were better.

You have nothing to back up your position.  That is why you just rely on personal insults.  That may win you some points on the playground at recess, but it just looks silly here.
Reply/Quote
Steph wins another Finals, wins Finals MVP and drops 34 on 57% shooting (54% from three). There may be arguments against him being the best overall shooter, including mid-range, but he is undeniably the best three point shooter in my eyes. The volume, range and efficiency he has is unmatched. Congrats to him.
Reply/Quote
Not only is he the greatest shooter but he is also the best player under 6-5 in NBA history.

He is on the NBA all time starting 5!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Steph averaged 31 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists on 48/44/86 shooting splits. For more context, his 44% three point average was done on 12 attempts per game.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 12:49 AM)J24 Wrote: Not only is he the greatest shooter but he is also the best player under 6-5 in NBA history.

He is on the NBA all time starting 5!

Lol. In no reality will anyone ever say Steph is better than Kobe or Jordan…..and he’d have to be better than at least one of them to be all time starting 5
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 12:15 PM)basballguy Wrote: Lol.  In no reality will anyone ever say Steph is better than Kobe or Jordan…..and he’d have to be better than at least one of them to be all time starting 5

He is the starting PG or lead guard on the all time team( I personally consider Magic  a Point Foward more than PG). I'm not saying he is better than Kobe or Jordan.

Starting 5
PG- Steph
SG- Jordan 
SF- Durant 
PF- Lebron
C- Shaq
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 12:15 PM)basballguy Wrote: Lol.  In no reality will anyone ever say Steph is better than Kobe or Jordan…..and he’d have to be better than at least one of them to be all time starting 5

Steph IS better than Kobe offensively. Kobe was great defensively, and Steph doesn't have that ability but he is better on offense. Every single offensive metric you compare them in, and I mean every single metric, Steph is better than Kobe. 

FG% - Steph
3P% - Steph
2P% - Steph
Assists - Steph
Assists To Turnover - Steph
eFG% - Steph
FT% - Steph
True Shooting % - Steph
OBPM - Steph

Now, the caveat is two things - they are completely different players offensively, and the eras they played in. The late 90's through the mid-2000s was very iso heavy. The NBA isn't like that anymore and is geared towards hyper efficiency rather than iso situations. Steph is a hyper efficient three point shooter. He is also incredible at moving without the ball, giving him great looks. Kobe was more in your face, tough shots and great defense.

All of this to say....Steph doesn't have to beat out both Jordan and Kobe for a starting spot on the All-Time 5. He plays a different position; Kobe and Jordan are both shooting guards, Steph is a point guard. Steph would have to beat out the likes of Magic and Stockton. All three of those guys are completely different players; Steph is an efficient score first guard with passing skills secondary. Stockton is a genuine floor general, with scoring secondary. Magic is a combination of them both with elite size. I would choose Magic, personally. 
Reply/Quote
Tiger

Larry Bird was the best ever to me. Period!
He's in everyone's top 5 of all time!
https://youtu.be/YjvsBKQmHTc

Reply/Quote