Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There just isn't a candidate I like
Constitutional Party - Darrell Castle
Libertarian Party - Garry Johnson
Republican Party - Donald Trump
Democrat Party - Hillary Clinton
Green Party - Jill Stein

These are the ones I know who are running and not one of them is a good candidate to be president in my opinion.

This may be the first election I don't vote in since the first time I voted in 1988.
(08-03-2016, 12:19 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Constitutional Party - Darrell Castle
Green Party - Jill Stein

These are the ones I know who are running and not one of them is a good candidate to be president in my opinion.

This may be the first election I don't vote in since the first time I voted in 1988.

You're not alone.  A lot of people are just pulling out of this election and hoping for the best.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
The ironic thing is: That is Donald wasn't so crazy and Hillary weren't so shady, they are two Candidates that could most easily cross Party lines as they are both fairly moderate in thier approaches.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-03-2016, 12:19 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Constitutional Party - Darrell Castle
Green Party - Jill Stein

Sorry to hear that, Neb.
It'd be nice if they all could debate and you could maybe feel better about one.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Green Party - Jill Stein

I can't not vote. The important thing to keep in mind is that 33% of the Senate is up for elections and 100% of the House. So even if you leave POTUS blank (or write in something ridiculous) you should go vote. Because Congress is how we stop the crazy in the WH. I'm right there with you, there are no good options, but you still have legislators to vote on.

(08-03-2016, 09:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The ironic thing is: That is Donald wasn't so crazy and Hillary weren't so shady, they are two Candidates that could most easily cross Party lines as they are both fairly moderate in thier approaches.

Yep. That is the thing that kills me about this. "Let's fix all of this controversy and divisiveness with two moderate candidates. But let's make sure they are both horrible people so no one will be happy."
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-03-2016, 12:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I can't not vote. The important thing to keep in mind is that 33% of the Senate is up for elections and 100% of the House. So even if you leave POTUS blank (or write in something ridiculous) you should go vote. Because Congress is how we stop the crazy in the WH. I'm right there with you, there are no good options, but you still have legislators to vote on.

Like writing in Hilary or Trump? LOL
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Unfortunately there are those that will cheer their fav regardless what they say.

Here's Hills stating she is going to raise taxes on the middle class and the crowd goes wild

As a member of the Middle-Class I cannot say I'm in favor of this
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-03-2016, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unfortunately there are those that will cheer their fav regardless what they say.

Here's Hills stating she is going to raise taxes on the middle class and the crowd goes wild

She said "aren't".

Koolaid must mess with your hearing on when you're "not supporting" Trump.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Really wish the LPs would have nominated Petersen.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(08-03-2016, 11:57 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Really wish the LPs would have nominated Petersen.
A blogger and part time online troll over two two-term former GOP governors?
lol
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-03-2016, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unfortunately there are those that will cheer their fav regardless what they say.

Your head is buried so deep in the echo chamber you are not even using your own ears anymore.

She said we AREN'T going to raise taxes on the middle class.
I'm voting for Jill Stein because she is far and away the best candidate in my eyes.  Her platform of focusing national attention on new technology/taking care our citizens/demilitarization is appealing.  I have the "luxury" of residing in a state that has absolutely no chance of turning red, so I figure I may as well vote for who I perceive as being the best.  Also, should her or another 3rd party candidate manage to win 5% of the popular vote, I believe something happens regarding campaign funding for their party going forward.  For this reason I don't feel that a vote for her is "wasted", because should the Green party ever hit that 5% then they may be able to actually do some political damage to the two dominant parties(which both appear to have little to zero quality control or accountability to their constituents).  

If I lived in a swing state, I would probably be terrified into voting for Clinton.   Sick ...and for the record I dislike her for her reasons other than the email/Benghazi stuff.  Her record on foreign policy while serving as secretary of state was quite brutal and interventionist.  She has accepted a lot of money from some shady sources including the Saudi Royal Family.  She claims that NAFTA was a success and will probably push for similar trade deals which serve the interests of unscrupulous multi-national corporations.  Her ordeal with Debbie Wasserman Shultz shows that she probably has a very typical modern stance on corruption and "pay-to-play" arrangements.  Trump is downright terrifying.
I don't know if anyone ever gets a candidate that they are 100% in agreement with. I have a few major issues that are the most important to me and I tend to vote for the one that is closest to my views on those few issues:

1) Protecting and preserving a habitable planet - Jill Stein
2) Get money (bribes) out of politics - Jill Stein (Bernie Sanders)
3) Reduce military spending and end the military industrial complex - Jill Stein
4) Income inequality and support worker unions - Bernie Sanders