Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There's a player available that instantly improves our run D
Vontaze Burfict. Defense hasn't been the same since he left. Nothing to lose
Reply/Quote
No, but I get it. He isn't remotely the same player and he has had so many head injuries I fear for his long-term health. He could make a good coach, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
uhhh...No
Reply/Quote
We drafted an entire new linebacker room basically in the last two years. These guys need all the time they can get. Even if Burfict was still remotely serviceable
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 11:14 AM)Brimey Wrote: We drafted an entire new linebacker room basically in the last two years. These guys need all the time they can get. Even if Burfict was still remotely serviceable

if we're in the "getting the band back together" mode. why not bring marvin back too, its not like zac has improved this team..

in seriousness, bengals have moved on from burfict. the LB depth is sold enough and not entirely the issue going on with the bengals defense in 2020. the defensive play calling and the shape of the DL (healthwise) are playing into the bengals 2020 defensive woes more than the names at LB.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 12:19 PM)P W Wrote: if we're in the "getting the band back together" mode. why not bring marvin back too, its not like zac has improved this team..

in seriousness, bengals have moved on from burfict. the LB depth is sold enough and not entirely the issue going on with the bengals defense in 2020. the defensive play calling and the shape of the DL (healthwise) are playing into the bengals 2020 defensive woes more than the names at LB.
Maybe. But we basically have the same d line from when he was here, just swap reader for Atkins and it's a wash from a run D standpoint. The only other variables bare d coordinator and Burfict gone. He wouldn't of allowed the browns to but up 200 plus rushing. 
Reply/Quote
Part of what needs to happen is ditching the whole 2 LB alignment and either using a real 4-3 or a real 3-4. We have more LB in the room now and it is past time to ditch the goofy alignments.

In fact, with the health issues right now we probably should be using a 3-4 with Reader as NT flanked by Dunlap and Hubbard. Inside LBs Wilson and Bynes and Pratt and ADG outside.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 01:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: Part of what needs to happen is ditching the whole 2 LB alignment and either using a real 4-3 or a real 3-4. We have more LB in the room now and it is past time to ditch the goofy alignments.

Bengals need to ditch Lou Anarumo after this season ends.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 01:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: Part of what needs to happen is ditching the whole 2 LB alignment and either using a real 4-3 or a real 3-4. We have more LB in the room now and it is past time to ditch the goofy alignments.

In fact, with the health issues right now we probably should be using a 3-4 with Reader as NT flanked by Dunlap and Hubbard. Inside LBs Wilson and Bynes and Pratt and ADG outside.
This... Just run a 5-2 and stop this 4-3 nickel shit. Or put 3 lbs out there. Lou is an idiot.

Sent from my BV9600 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Hard pass.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 03:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hard pass.

Initial thought is hell yes..what do we have to lose?
Then, sanity came back...
There has to be better options out there. Our guys simply get beat in trenches routinely week in and week out
When is the last time you can recall a game where we dominated the trenches?
Its been at least 6 to 7 yrs since that has happened. We have been punching bags ever since due to bad drafting, no FA signings worth a sh#t and bad coaching. I would be all for bringing Zimmer back as  a HC. My faith is waning quickly with ZT.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 10:37 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: Vontaze Burfict. Defense hasn't been the same since he left. Nothing to lose

He was shot before he left here.  Why in hell would we want more of that?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hell yeah i would bring vontaze back as long as his head is out of his ass. We need him.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 01:46 PM)P W Wrote: Bengals need to ditch Lou Anarumo after this season ends.

We need to ditch him now. Not like we are starting over when he never got anything going in the first place.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 04:32 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: We need to ditch him now. Not like we are starting over when he never got anything going in the first place.

I see you have a quest.  It's fun to have a quest and scream it in every single thread.  That's not spamming at all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Bates can't tackle a rugged RB, so if we went after a player, that guy should be Earl Thomas. But, they won't do it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 04:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bates can't tackle a rugged RB, so if we went after a player, that guy should be Earl Thomas. But, they won't do it.

He especially can't tackle them by flying into the play and grabbing them high.  You gotta take out their feet or gang tackle them.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there aren't a lot of S's who can bring down either one of those guys.  And Earl is old and not very big and loaded with issues.  If the Ratbirds don't want him, I'm not sure I do either.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 01:46 PM)P W Wrote: Bengals need to ditch Lou Anarumo after this season ends.

They need to dump him now!
Reply/Quote
Burrow improves our run D. As long as he has the ball, other teams can't run on us.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
No on Burfict. Loved this guy until after 2015 season. After, we had penalties that weren't even penalties called against us because of him and PacMan. We are actually able to play football without the flags every other play. They killed this team. They're shenanigan's is equally responsible, if not more, than the damn fumble by Hill. Do we really need to watch this again? Let it be known, I still don't forgive Hill. 

Reply/Quote