Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There will be a vote in the Senate to defund PP
(07-29-2015, 05:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because places like Hobby Lobby will fight tooth and nail to keep women from getting birth control under the ACA?

I know they passed a work-around, but still...

Hobby lobby always offered birth control. They offered 12 of the 17 on the list of obamacare. That's plenty. Hard to believe they can't find one in the 12.

That whole thing was just over the top. Typical overreaction. When I first saw I thought hobby lobby offered 0 birth control options. But that was obviously False.
(07-29-2015, 05:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They don't need pp for birth control and abortions anymore.   Obamacare covers that....  So we are all covered already.     Not to mention the "other" services they offer.   Which are also offered by community clinics.  

So tell me why are we paying pp?

Not necessarily. Planned Parenthood also fills in holes where there are no community clinics. 

This also doesn't do anything to minimize the perception that this is an assault on women. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-29-2015, 06:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not necessarily. Planned Parenthood also fills in holes where there are no community clinics. 

This also doesn't do anything to minimize the perception that this is an assault on women. 

There is no assault on women. Pp and Dems are trying to manufacture a hysteria over it..... That's their only chance. You would think they would try the truth instead of sketchy shenanigans trying to play word games in the media.

Even if they defund PP. They still stay open ... They still provide the same services. And nothing changes for anyone. Except pp focuses more on donations and other forms of income.
(07-29-2015, 06:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is no assault on women.   Pp and Dems are trying to manufacture a hysteria over it.....   That's their only chance.   You would think they would try the truth instead of sketchy shenanigans trying to play word games in the media.  

Even if they defund PP.  They still stay open ... They still provide the same services.   And nothing changes for anyone.   Except pp focuses more on donations and other forms of income.

Wait, so the reality is not the sketchy games being played by the media?

Hmmm, I wonder if you see what I'm getting at.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-29-2015, 06:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Wait, so the reality is not the sketchy games being played by the media?

Hmmm, I wonder if you see what I'm getting at.

The media is covering for pp. And anyway this is more reason we need an investigation.

I don't see why there is any resistance to clear this up unless they have something to hide Ofc
Florida stepping up. Good job Rick Scott

http://m.clickorlando.com/news/gov-scott-orders-inspections-of-planned-parenthoods/34428776
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/03/politics/senate-planned-parenthood-defunding-legislation/

Quote:A procedural vote in the Senate on legislation that would have barred all federal funds for Planned Parenthood failed on Monday.

The vote was 53-46, meaning the measure failed the get the 60 votes needed to overcome a Democratic filibuster on bringing the bill up for debate.

[Image: never_try_4538.jpg]
free photo hosting
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Meanwhile, the GOP in the House is killing the Ex-Im Bank by not allowing the vote to reauthorize. Looking forward to those jobs that are going to be lost to other countries. But no, a meaningless vote that was nothing more than a gesture because everyone knew the outcome before it happened is the big news. :snark:
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-03-2015, 08:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Meanwhile, the GOP in the House is killing the Ex-Im Bank by not allowing the vote to reauthorize. Looking forward to those jobs that are going to be lost to other countries. But no, a meaningless vote that was nothing more than a gesture because everyone knew the outcome before it happened is the big news. :snark:

Import export bank shouldn't be continued. It's corporate welfare.

Selling baby body parts is worth a vote.
(08-03-2015, 09:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Import export bank shouldn't be continued.   It's corporate welfare.    

Selling baby body parts is worth a vote.

Yeah, it is an issue I waffle on, but still deserves some coverage. After all, it will result in lost jobs.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-03-2015, 10:02 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, it is an issue I waffle on, but still deserves some coverage. After all, it will result in lost jobs.

Which in GOP-speak means MORE jobs!  AmIright?!?!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-03-2015, 10:02 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, it is an issue I waffle on, but still deserves some coverage. After all, it will result in lost jobs.

I am against handouts. Rich, poor, foreign nations... It's all crazy. This actually helps foreign companies compete against Amercian companies. Allows polically appointed people the ability to fund polically popular things that are not credit worthy. This is crazy in the airline industry. Where it funds foreign companies to buy our planes and then use the subsidy to offer lower rates by cutting American rates.
When the chamber of commerce favors something I have learned to take a hard look.
(08-03-2015, 10:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I am against handouts. Rich, poor, foreign nations... It's all crazy. This actually helps foreign companies compete against Amercian companies. Allows polically appointed people the ability to fund polically popular things that are not credit worthy. This is crazy in the airline industry. Where it funds foreign companies to buy our planes and then use the subsidy to offer lower rates by cutting American rates.

(08-03-2015, 10:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When the chamber of commerce favors something I have learned to take a hard look.

Then maybe reform it. Cutting it entirely will hurt some big companies, but there will be a lot of small business owners that will suffer as a result. It's a very complicated and interesting topic.

(08-03-2015, 10:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Then maybe reform it. Cutting it entirely will hurt some big companies, but there will be a lot of small business owners that will suffer as a result. It's a very complicated and interesting topic.

At some point we have cut.   would you prefer we cut social programs for the poor instead?  

Reform is just code talk for moving the balance sheet around to look like your doing something.

Besides obama attacked business today with his enviornmental nonsense. He continues to screw us.
Another lame publicity stunt by Curly.