Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There ya go Mike Brown ...
I'll admit I'm drowning in sour grapes and I'm a schadenfreude junkie, but 100% of Steeler fans were rooting for KC and I'm not jumping on that ship. To each his own!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Big point is Billy B squeezed all the juice from PBs lemon and he has the most well coached and prepared team in the last 15 years because he allowed PB to mentor!

What happened to Mike Brown?

Did he sleep through the classes?
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:51 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That just doesn't do it for me. Four of the Steelers titles were 4 decades ago. They only have 2 since '92. The Pats have all theirs since the beginning of the aughts. 

It's ****ing greedy and uncalled for, man. 

NE, Belicheck, Brady, et al are just really f'n good. They study their opponents really, really well. They game plan to beat those opponents really, really well. They implement and execute those game plans really, really well. That's why they win year after year.

Hopefully our new coaching staff can come close to this.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, if we ever figure out how to win I won't get sick of it, either.  I'm greedy as hell.  I want the Bengals to win 10.

Yeah. Every Bengals fan does. Problem is, it's only a want. With the Pats, it's a reality.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:47 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 3rd because of MB'S stupidity.

Regardless, I think he'd rather play in SBs as a back who gets used like he should, than on a team that can't win a playoff game REGARDLESS of the talent!!

WAKE UP HOMERS and smell the coffee!  Don't think for one minute Marvin Lewis leaving is going to bring AFC Championships and Lomardis to this team as long as Mike Brown can still for a mirror up placed under his nose!

1. Mixon > Burkhead and it's not close, so I'd pick something else to harp about.

2. Hiring Taylor and letting him completely fill his staff doesn't do it for ya? You don't think Mike stepped back a little to allow that? 

3. Why are you going on about stuff that happened 3 years ago, when it looks like the Bengals are taking things a bit more seriously now?

Sorry man, just seems like a weird time to be going on a tirade about how awful things are (after a great month).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:56 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...hy.gif&f=1]

lol. Muscle memory can be a bad thing. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 01:03 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Mixon > Burkhead and it's not close, so I'd pick something else to harp about.

2. Hiring Taylor and letting him completely fill his staff doesn't do it for ya? You don't think Mike stepped back a little to allow that? 

3. Why are you going on about stuff that happened 3 years ago, when it looks like the Bengals are taking things a bit more seriously now?

Sorry man, just seems like a weird time to be going on a tirade about how awful things are (after a great month).

No Doubt !
Reply/Quote
Stupid Marvin also didn't see the brilliance in James Develin
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I predicted 7-9 once the opponents were revealed this time last year, missed it by 1 game.

With this year's schedule, I'll predict 8-8 providing no major season ending injuries.

See you in December.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 01:00 AM)BengalChris Wrote: NE, Belicheck, Brady, et al are just really f'n good. They study their opponents really, really well. They game plan to beat those opponents really, really well. They implement and execute those game plans really, really well. That's why they win year after year.

Hopefully our new coaching staff can come close to this.

Pats were smart to take the ball 1st in OT....Chiefs D was worn out.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:44 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I don't get the hate for Whitworth. I hope the Rams win the Super Bowl so he gets a ring. He deserves it. The guy left for a better deal. I can't blame him.

No hate for Whit from me either and hope he gets his ring. 

We dropped the ball badly on that move. 

Do not hate Burkhead either and hope he has a great game. 

Yet will be pulling for the Rams, Whit and our new HC to be SB Champions.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:47 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 3rd because of MB'S stupidity.

Regardless, I think he'd rather play in SBs as a back who gets used like he should, than on a team that can't win a playoff game REGARDLESS of the talent!!

WAKE UP HOMERS and smell the coffee!  Don't think for one minute Marvin Lewis leaving is going to bring AFC Championships and Lomardis to this team as long as Mike Brown can still for a mirror up placed under his nose!

Burkhead's career high for carries and YPC is still with the Bengals.  He's on a much better team now, but he's not being used in a dramatically different role than what he was here.  He's still just a CoP back.

I'm not going to say MB is a great owner or GM, but I highly doubt he was telling Marvin not to give Burkhead touches.  He didn't get touches because there were better players in front of him.  
Reply/Quote
White, Burkhead & Michel?!?!?!?!

No big names at RB.... we definitely need to upgrade our O-line.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 01:03 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Mixon > Burkhead and it's not close, so I'd pick something else to harp about.

It's just his thing.  He's a real breath of fresh air.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 01:11 AM)Beaker Wrote: Pats were smart to take the ball 1st in OT....Chiefs D was worn out.

When would any team not take the ball first in OT? You score a TD and the game is over without the other team getting a chance. 
Reply/Quote
We could have Belichick and their entire roster, but it wouldn't help unless Mike brown was willing to pay the bribes require by refs and the league. The teams the league wants to win WILL win and it's no longer about great coaching or great players. It's about who drives the revenue gravy train, period. You don't believe that? See  https://youtu.be/ryqGaDAFqqg
Oh well..me ranting isn't going to change didly squat. I don't happen to have a few billion bucks laying around to buy league officials. Perhaps we as Bengals fans should all chip in to buy a few. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:15 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Whitworth and Burkhead to the SB.

I wish Paul Brown had mentored his son as well as he did Bill Belichick.

Pats most consistent organization in the last 15 years.

Well done Paul Brown!

Are we going to do this every time one of our players signs with a team that ends up going to the playoffs?  

Teams lose good players.  It happens.  I get the saltiness over losing Whitworth (hell, I'm right there with you), but we're pitching a fit over Burkhead?  Really?  I liked the guy well enough, but come on now.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 09:24 AM)Fullrock Wrote: When would any team not take the ball first in OT? You score a TD and the game is over without the other team getting a chance. 

Yeh not exactly rocket science,  pretty much a no-brainer.   The ONLY time you would choose to kick in OT would be in a defensive struggle with a SIGNIFICANT wind effect that would provide a short punt and shorter field.   I recall Buffalo did that once against us at Rich and it worked perfectly.
Reply/Quote
Well if the dumbass didnt line up off sides on the chiefs and the refs were not autistic in the saints game it would be a different story today.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 10:00 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Are we going to do this every time one of our players signs with a team that ends up going to the playoffs?  

Teams lose good players.  It happens.  I get the saltiness over losing Whitworth (hell, I'm right there with you), but we're pitching a fit over Burkhead?  Really?  I liked the guy well enough, but come on now.  

Yeah i thought burkhead was good but he would be our 3rd rb. 
Reply/Quote