Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There ya go Mike Brown ...
(01-21-2019, 12:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know...all my Steeler fan friends are in agony over the Pats going to the SB again.  I'll take it.

This.....and if they win?  No more of this "Sixburgh" shit....lmao.  You won four forty years ago. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:47 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: 3rd because of MB'S stupidity.

Regardless, I think he'd rather play in SBs as a back who gets used like he should, than on a team that can't win a playoff game REGARDLESS of the talent!!

WAKE UP HOMERS and smell the coffee!  Don't think for one minute Marvin Lewis leaving is going to bring AFC Championships and Lomardis to this team as long as Mike Brown can still for a mirror up placed under his nose!

you understand mike brown doesn't set the depth chart... correct?
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 01:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Stupid Marvin also didn't see the brilliance in James Develin

Stupid Marvin failed to see A LOT of things. Mellow

.....dude's gone, and the Militia still rides on. LMAO

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 02:00 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: White, Burkhead & Michel?!?!?!?!

No big names at RB.... we definitely need to upgrade our O-line.

Ya think?  Also, Brady was not sacked, and hit ONCE.  Amazing what even an average oline can do for your skill players.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know...all my Steeler fan friends are in agony over the Pats going to the SB again.  I'll take it.

This. 

Think about it; had it not been for Brady and the Patriots, the Steelers probably would have another 2-3 rings. Nothing against the Rams, and I love that Whit gets to play in the big one, but I am hoping the Pats win to get #6. But, if the Rams win I will be cool with that as well. 
Reply/Quote
Well, the Patriots business model and player preparation works. You cannot fault them for that. Absolutely two different (opposite?) environments and mindsets. Just ask Corey Dillon. Don't be mad at him because he already knew.

I hope Rex gets his ring. And I hope with this new HC we will start being competitive and not fold or f*** up as usual.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
It's sad when we can only relish the joy of ex-bengal players winning the super bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 01:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Stupid Marvin also didn't see the brilliance in James Develin

Isn't he the one we let go cuz we couldn't bear to lose the brilliance of Orson Charles?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:37 PM)McC Wrote: Isn't he the one we let go cuz we couldn't bear to lose the brilliance of Orson Charles?

Think that was John Conner....

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Think that was John Conner....

That's right.  Now I remember.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Next there will be a thread bitching about guys going to the SB that we could have drafted. Why not be excited about the coaching changes, and the potential it brings.

Maybe he'll even open the change pouch a little more when free agency comes around? If not, then *****.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:42 PM)McC Wrote: That's right.  Now I remember.

Your point remains though...... LOL 

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: Your point remains though...... LOL 

Orson was Hue's doing, right?

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Burkhead plays for the Pats because the Bengals did not re sign him, unlike someone else who was offered a deal and left for more years. I hope Burkhead scores the winning TD in the Super Bowl, just like he did tonight.

Agree there is no reason for hate to be aimed toward Burkhead. 

Hope  he does well but in no way will I be pulling for the Patriots in any game. 

Unless they are playing the steelers of course and then it is Go Pats all day.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:45 PM)McC Wrote: Orson was Hue's doing, right?

He kept mentioning "upside" in the case of Orson Charles.  It never materialized.  I wonder if the decision was a consensus, or if the HC ultimately made the call based on input.  Either way, they botched that one.  Sure, the FB has gone the way of the Dodo, but two teams yesterday still employed them, and one is going to the SB.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 09:24 AM)Fullrock Wrote: When would any team not take the ball first in OT? You score a TD and the game is over without the other team getting a chance. 

The Bengals under Marvin would have deferred.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:31 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I understand whining about Whitworth, but Burkhead? Seriously? He'd be 3rd on our depth chart.

As he is on the Pats, but yet, the Pats find a way to play to his strengths and incorporate him into a specific package of the game plan. Funny how quality coaching works...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:17 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Ya think?  Also, Brady was not sacked, and hit ONCE.  Amazing what even an average oline can do for your skill players.

Dante Scarneccia (butchered last name) is one of the best 2-3 O-line coaches in the league, and has been for a long time. Also, the Pats have shrewdly drafted high upside guys, some with physical maladies late in drafts, then stashed them while they got healthy. The Pats FO and line coaching do it right. They don’t need a bunch of 1st round picks to get a top 5 line.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:26 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: It's sad when we can only relish the joy of ex-bengal players winning the super bowl.

I have 2 patriots jerseys I got on the cheap. A Corey Dillon one and a red throw back Ochocinco one.

This is my pseudo SB.  I admit its amusingly sad. 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 01:12 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Dante Scarneccia (butchered last name) is one of the best 2-3 O-line coaches in the league, and has been for a long time.  Also, the Pats have shrewdly drafted high upside guys, some with physical maladies late in drafts, then stashed them while they got healthy.  The Pats FO and line coaching do it right.  They don’t need a bunch of 1st round picks to get a top 5 line.

You're exactly right, and I think you're even pretty close on the spelling. Smirk I think you just missed an h in there somewhere.

He retired for a couple of years, and they hired him back.

Meanwhile, we had Piano Man for 25 years. Whatever

Reply/Quote