Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There ya go Mike Brown ...
(01-21-2019, 10:21 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Well if the dumbass didnt line up off sides on the chiefs and the refs were not autistic in the saints game it would be a different story today.

I imagine Chiefs and their fans will run Dee out of town for that. Seriously, how long have played football and can't line up on the right side of the LOS?? 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 09:24 AM)Fullrock Wrote: When would any team not take the ball first in OT? You score a TD and the game is over without the other team getting a chance. 

Marty Mornonwheg was the HC of the Lions and he deferred in OT in the era when you just had to get a first down and kick a FG to win. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:33 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: They can keep Burkhead... just gimme that O-Line..

Yea it was weird watching a QB have as much time as Brady had. I know most hate the guy but he will go down as the GOAT. Must be nice to have a legit Oline.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:47 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Regardless, I think he'd rather play in SBs as a back who gets used like he should, than on a team that can't win a playoff game REGARDLESS of the talent!!

This.   We weren't willing to give the man a contract.  He's pretty much just a cog in their machine behind the starting back (Michel) along with White.   

We were not willing to throw him but a single down a game if he was lucky.   The Pats use him in a variety of ways - and not a huge amount more than us - but more.

And Whit left because he got lowballed.  The Bengals were the only one to do that.

I hope the Rams take down the Pats for that reason alone.  He's a quality player and a quality man.  Same with Rex.   The last game Rex played here Whit sang his praises because he knew what we had though the coaches and administration did not.

Big waste of talent.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 03:41 PM)3wt Wrote: This.   We weren't willing to give the man a contract.  He's pretty much just a cog in their machine behind the starting back (Michel) along with White.   

We were not willing to throw him but a single down a game if he was lucky.   The Pats use him in a variety of ways - and not a huge amount more than us - but more.

And Whit left because he got lowballed.  The Bengals were the only one to do that.

I hope the Rams take down the Pats for that reason alone.  He's a quality player and a quality man.  Same with Rex.   The last game Rex played here Whit sang his praises because he knew what we had though the coaches and administration did not.

Big waste of talent.

Merv was so bad......our offense's best years were under Hue Jackson.  HUE. JACKSON.  Mellow  Let that sink in......probably the only OC that got a fair shake here under that troglodyte, because, big buddies.  Yet, some folks still wanna defend him, and rip our players, go figure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:19 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bulkhead plays for the Pats. **** him and those guys. I hope he fumbles going into the endzone, ala Byner, in the SB and they lose.

Not Burkhead's fault he went to the Pats man. He is just doing his job and doing it well.

Rooting for the Rams all the way but i won't fault Rex, we should of kept him anyways and used him like they are using him.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 01:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Marty Mornonwheg was the HC of the Lions and he deferred in OT in the era when you just had to get a first down and kick a FG to win. 

Marty MORONwheg. Lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 02:23 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Yea it was weird watching a QB have as much time as Brady had. I know most hate the guy but he will go down as the GOAT. Must be nice to have a legit Oline.

He barely got touched 

Except for that "roughing the passer" call.

By no means am I downplaying Brady's HOF talents but damn... they were coming for him and he had a nice pocket.

Would love to see that here!

Can you only imagine if Mixon were running behind that and not Burkhead?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 04:03 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Marty MORONwheg. Lol.

Sorry, I meant Marty Morningwood 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 04:10 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: He barely got touched 

By no means am I downplaying Brady's HOF talents but damn... they were coming for him and he had a nice pocket.

Given our history we may be seeing Mixon run behind NE's line eventually.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 04:10 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: He barely got touched 

I can see missing that just based on where the ref was... Missing that PI on the rams though... (someone has offered refs free eye exams)
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 03:41 PM)3wt Wrote: This.   We weren't willing to give the man a contract.  He's pretty much just a cog in their machine behind the starting back (Michel) along with White.   

Big waste of talent.

based on the 2 tackles they offered whit a 1 year deal and a possibly reduced role.. He wanted to stay a LT and a multi year deal.

sometimes you gotta trust your draft process (it failed us that year)  

Whit is an exception to the rule most OL guys don't make it to almost 40.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:24 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Congrats to Whit and Burkhead. Liked both of these guys here and still like rooting for them. Can’t blame them for wanting to play for successful teams. Teams like the Pats play for SBs and we play to hopefully get in and win a single playoff game. Its pathetic.

Ok lets please put this into context

1.  Whitworth was offered a 1 year contract, we drafted to replace him with his age and his position makes sense even if picks did not work out, we did not like throw him away like trash

2.  Burkhead was a 3rd back in our rotation, we choose to draft a player like Mixon than keep Burkhead, and really he as done little for NE.. He is being paid 5.5 million under a 3 year contract and combined he has less than 800 yards in 2 seasons rushing and receiving. Gio has over 1,300 in that time with both being hurt and missing games

3.  Finally what time can you put in New England level with their success.. other players have went there from other teams, and many many players have gone on to other teams...
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 12:33 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: They can keep Burkhead... just gimme that O-Line..

The Patriots show how a great line can make a third string RB look like an all pro. I have been waiting over 25 years for Mike Brown to come to the same conclusion. Rather see this team spend money on o line and less on skilled players!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 08:11 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: The Patriots show how a great line can make a third string RB look like an all pro.  I have been waiting over 25 years for Mike Brown to come to the same conclusion.  Rather see this team spend money on o line and less on skilled players!  

The big uglies need to impose their will and the lanes will open for anyone.

It also gives your QB confidence to hang in the pocket and step up into it if there is a breakdown(sometimes by scheme).

Instead we have a QB peeking at his tackles pre/post snap because he doesn't have confidence.

I don't care if Dalton is our QB or not.  That kind of crap needs to stop going forward.

No more guys like Hart and Og who look like they're fans plucked from the stands that were given uniforms.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 08:11 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: The Patriots show how a great line can make a third string RB look like an all pro.  I have been waiting over 25 years for Mike Brown to come to the same conclusion.  Rather see this team spend money on o line and less on skilled players!  

Burkhead averaged 3.3 YPC in the regular season.  He's averaged 3.3 YPC so far in the playoffs.  That's nowhere close to All Pro.  That's what Jeremy Hill was averaging when he got run out of town.  He scored a couple of goalline TD's against a gassed KC defense.  Props to him for punching it in when his number was called, but if that OL was making him look good, he's trash.  

The Pats do a lot schematically to help their OL.  They have RB's and TE's chipping a lot.  Having the GOAT QB also affects how teams play then.  Tough to bring the heat when there's a high likelihood Brady will nail you with a blitz beater.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 01:07 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: As he is on the Pats, but yet, the Pats find a way to play to his strengths and incorporate him into a specific package of the game plan.  Funny how quality coaching works...

Just makes you wonder how good Gio or Mixon could be on a team like the Pats.

I have high hopes for Taylor though. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 01:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just makes you wonder how good Gio or Mixon could be on a team like the Pats.

If history has taught us anything, we will see them on the Pats eventually.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 01:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just makes you wonder how good Gio or Mixon could be on a team like the Pats.

I have high hopes for Taylor though. 

I can't wait to see Mixon, Ross, our TE's hell even AJ under a coach that actually tries to be creative in scheming them open and playing to their strengths !
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 10:14 PM)Whatever Wrote: Burkhead averaged 3.3 YPC in the regular season.  He's averaged 3.3 YPC so far in the playoffs.  That's nowhere close to All Pro.  That's what Jeremy Hill was averaging when he got run out of town.  He scored a couple of goalline TD's against a gassed KC defense.  Props to him for punching it in when his number was called, but if that OL was making him look good, he's trash.  

The Pats do a lot schematically to help their OL.  They have RB's and TE's chipping a lot.  Having the GOAT QB also affects how teams play then.  Tough to bring the heat when there's a high likelihood Brady will nail you with a blitz beater.

Brady had a rough first half.....and threw two awful INTs that led to a 10 point swing.  Meanwhile, Belichick's gameplanning kept Mahommes & Co off of the field, and held them to under 50 yards in the 1st half.  I think that this season, with Brady showing signs of decline, Bill Belichick has answered the chicken/egg scenario in that debate.  Really, he answered it against ATL in the SB when he held that offense to 21 points.....the other 7 were a result of a Brady pick 6.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote