Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Week Predictions For The Bengals
(04-23-2018, 03:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: First just let me say that i do not dislike Lamar, but this would be incredibly stupid and something i could never
see happening with the way this Offseason has went so far. Mikey doesn't think we are rebuilding, a Lamar Jackson
pick would say that we are. Sounds like something coming from a person that doesn't follow this Franchise at all.

If the Bengals pick Lamar Jackson, it may not necessarily mean they are planning for a rebuild just yet. It could mean they think their team is pretty solid already and see Lamar Jackson as a great option to groom behind Dalton until Dalton hits FA after 2020. By the time 2021 comes around (or possibly even sooner with a trade), Lamar Jackson could be primed to take the reigns.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 04:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It depends on if anyone falls. I think Bengals stay pat and draft if a guy like this falls:

James - Safety
Nelson - G
Edmunds - LB
Smith - LB
Ward - CB

But in reality I could see us trading back more than 1 of above dropping in our lap.

I predict our 1st round pick will be McGlinchey or whomever Bengals have as their top ranked center Daniels, Ragnow or Price. I am thrilled if that happens.

True, if one of those guys falls i could definately see one of them being the pick. Man would i be stoked about either
Nelson or Edmunds. I think both of these guys will be elite in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 04:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals pick Lamar Jackson, it may not necessarily mean they are planning for a rebuild just yet. It could mean they think their team is pretty solid already and see Lamar Jackson as a great option to groom behind Dalton until Dalton hits FA after 2020. By the time 2021 comes around (or possibly even sooner with a trade), Lamar Jackson could be primed to take the reigns.

I sure would hope so, it would just really blow my mind if he is the pick. We need a Center more than anything
and this is a prime Draft for getting one of the best. Doesn't matter how good Lamar can become if he is always
running for his life. I want Ragnow.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 03:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: First just let me say that i do not dislike Lamar, but this would be incredibly stupid and something i could never
see happening with the way this Offseason has went so far. Mikey doesn't think we are rebuilding, a Lamar Jackson
pick would say that we are. Sounds like something coming from a person that doesn't follow this Franchise at all.

Lol what a condescending reply.  I've been on these boards for years having in depth discussions especially about the draft.   I did not say I wanted Lamar, but they have kicked the tires on a guy.  it could be an option they are looking at encase he fell to the 2nd round, but regardless they have interest in him.  I would also rather make an off the wall prediction than the typical corner, tackle, center, or guard prediction that 99% of the people expect to happen.

Lastly I don't understand why everythone thinks this offseason is completely out of character ?  the talent at tackle last year was terrible and they needed a veteran linebacker.  Bengals never want to go into the draft with a glaring need and as of right now the only pure need is center which is why they have had so many interviews with centers.  If anything I can promise we take a center in this draft.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Even if Mike wants Lamar Jackson, if there's one thing Lewis HATES its a QB controversy.

He wouldn't even allow McCarron to compete with Dalton, despite screams from the fan base.

The idea of him allowing Mikey to draft a QB seems a bit far fetched for me.

They've overruled Mike before. He wanted either Mallett or Kaepernick and we took Dalton anyway. I imagine he'll want Jackson, but Lewis and smarter minds will decide against it and we'll draft what we actually need.

And that's not even getting into the idea that Jackson is even there at 21, which I kind of doubt. Teams drafted ***** Christian Ponder and Jake Locker in the top 20, after all haha. QB Desperate teams are desperate, regardless of year.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 07:23 PM)Okeana Wrote: Lol what a condescending reply.  I've been on these boards for years having in depth discussions especially about the draft.   I did not say I wanted Lamar, but they have kicked the tires on a guy.  it could be an option they are looking at encase he fell to the 2nd round, but regardless they have interest in him.  I would also rather make an off the wall prediction than the typical corner, tackle, center, or guard prediction that 99% of the people expect to happen.

Lastly I don't understand why everythone thinks this offseason is completely out of character ?  the talent at tackle last year was terrible and they needed a veteran linebacker.  Bengals never want to go into the draft with a glaring need and as of right now the only pure need is center which is why they have had so many interviews with centers.  If anything I can promise we take a center in this draft.

If anyone is condescending here it is you.

To act like trading for Cordy Glenn one of the top LT's in the league was a normal Bengal move you are crazy.

To act like getting Preston Brown who led the league in tackles last year and is in his prime is a normal Dansby,
AJ Hawk, Kevin Minter move is crazy. This is not the norm and to act like it is crazy. We are not in rebuild mode,
sure i guess we have kicked the tires on the guy as he is the QB that seems might fall that has talent.

I still like Rudolph better than Jackson anways, but if we wait on Center to draft a QB it would be stupid at this
time. We need to build up the Line before we act like we are sitting pretty, Dalton is not the problem here.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I'm of the mind that you build the offensive line back up and see how Dalton does with that. If we can get our line back up to snuff but he still can't get the job done, then we can start toying with the idea of taking a QB early in the draft next year.

Right now, the offensive line is such an open wound that the Bengals don't have the luxury of taking a guy who may not even see the field for a couple of years at least.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 07:41 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Yeah, I'm of the mind that you build the offensive line back up and see how Dalton does with that. If we can get our line back up to snuff but he still can't get the job done, then we can start toying with the idea of taking a QB early in the draft next year.

Right now, the offensive line is such an open wound that the Bengals don't have the luxury of taking a guy who may not even see the field for a couple of years at least.

Spot on, makes no sense.
Reply/Quote
Evans or Payne in the 1st.
Ragnow, Price, Daniels in 2.
Online and safety in 3rd.
Dline in 4th.
Reply/Quote
I see a lot of people into Evans and I think it’s because he’s fast. However, he’s not shown to be good in coverage or have great instincts (yet). Would fans really want another LB that may not be good in coverage or have great instincts even though he’s fast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 04:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals pick Lamar Jackson, it may not necessarily mean they are planning for a rebuild just yet. It could mean they think their team is pretty solid already and see Lamar Jackson as a great option to groom behind Dalton until Dalton hits FA after 2020. By the time 2021 comes around (or possibly even sooner with a trade), Lamar Jackson could be primed to take the reigns.

Lol, what??  This team is not pretty solid already.  If you add in a happy feet QB, it's going to look even more unsolid, very quickly.

I realize that all of you that live in the TV market for Louisville games are likely a bit partial to him.  However, most of his heroics never came when he face the top defenses.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 08:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I see a lot of people into Evans and I think it’s because he’s fast. However, he’s not shown to be good in coverage or have great instincts (yet). Would fans really want another LB that may not be good in coverage or have great instincts even though he’s fast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What i love about Rashaan is how physical he is when O-lineman are trying to block him.

Nothing like LVE who just seems to grab onto O-lineman and hang on for dear life.

Plus Rashaan didn't show that speed at his Pro Day, had a poor outing, cannot remember his forty right now though.

I am liking Lorenzo Carter more and more if we go with an LB/End in the 2nd, just makes sense with Merv.

Ragnow/Carter/Okorafor sure would be a great start to the Draft in my eyes.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 08:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol, what??  This team is not pretty solid already.  If you add in a happy feet QB, it's going to look even more unsolid, very quickly.

I realize that all of you that live in the TV market for Louisville games are likely a bit partial to him.  However, most of his heroics never came when he face the top defenses.

Hilarious

They would be as delusional as they were last Offseason when they thought they were solid with Og at LT over Whit.
Reply/Quote
I would get excited for a lot of different players in the first. But if we got Lamar.... Boy... I would be drinking more than normal. And not to forget. It would be celebratory whiskey

We can win with Dalton. But something about throwing the ball away on 3rd and 4th down with the game on the line just really hurts my feelings. Maybe the new QB coach will help him find his balls. But we are not winning shit if our QB plays scared.
Reply/Quote
Believe the Bengals like a player at 21 (Wynn, Hernandez, Edmunds) enough to grab instead of Center only to trade up at end of 1st or early 2nd to snap Ragnow up.

Have had a bold offseason may as well be bold on draft day as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
There will be a trade up in the second or third round to nab someone they like.  Likely a corner, center, or tackle.  

A nose tackle will be taken within the first 4 rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 08:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol, what??  This team is not pretty solid already.  If you add in a happy feet QB, it's going to look even more unsolid, very quickly.

I wasn't agreeing with that philosophy, just saying that might be what their rationale would be if they made the pick and had him sit for a couple years.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2018, 07:13 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: There will be a trade up in the second or third round to nab someone they like.  Likely a corner, center, or tackle.  

A nose tackle will be taken within the first 4 rounds.

If so, I hope it's Tim Settle in Rd 3 ideally.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote