Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They Can't Admit It.
(09-15-2015, 08:58 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Taylor had a decent year that year, it's possible that was he case.

When Hue game plans for the Thursday night, unless Haden and Gipson are out, I'd assume he'll have the same mindset.

I thought Taylor (when healthy) was beyond decent. He was a 340 pound load that could rush the passer and stuff the run. Fortunately for the Bengals, he was unable to stay healthy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 05:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I thought Taylor (when healthy) was beyond decent. He was a 340 pound load that could rush the passer and stuff the run. Fortunately for the Bengals, he was unable to stay healthy.

Yep, just another piece to that Julio trade.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 05:54 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Yep, just another piece to that Julio trade.

Yeah even if Taylor would've stayed healthy, they still lost big time on that trade.

That franchise is snake bitten. Gordon actually looked like he'd be better than Julio, but dude is a complete knucklehead.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 02:37 PM)Stormborn Wrote: People need to chill a little. Just a little.

No they don't. This is exactly when people should be pumped and optimistic. But better yet, let's try to keep that optimism during the season despite any setbacks...and there will be setbacks.

Here's my thing: Remember when ML came on as head coach and "changed the culture" to expect winning? Maybe its time for the fans to do the same. Maybe we need to be more positive...even when they stumble...and send more good vibes out there. It used to be that the fans woul watch games and expect the Bengals to find a way to lose. And they usually did. I say there's something to the old saying "you create your own reality". I think the fans have improved a little to "we expect to win most of the time, but the Bengals will tank in prime time". Well, guess what reality we have now? Even when the Bengals win in prime time, like 2 seasons ago against the steelers, and last season against the broncos, fans still hold onto the mantra that the Bengals lose in prime time. Maybe we need to change that mantra...even if we dont quite beieve it yet until we create a new reality.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 06:19 PM)Beaker Wrote: No they don't. This is exactly when people should be pumped and optimistic. But better yet, let's try to keep that optimism during the season despite any setbacks...and there will be setbacks.

Here's my thing: Remember when ML came on as head coach and "changed the culture" to expect winning? Maybe its time for the fans to do the same. Maybe we need to be more positive...even when they stumble...and send more good vibes out there. It used to be that the fans woul watch games and expect the Bengals to find a way to lose. And they usually did. I say there's something to the old saying "you create your own reality". I think the fans have improved a little to "we expect to win most of the time, but the Bengals will tank in prime time". Well, guess what reality we have now? Even when the Bengals win in prime time, like 2 seasons ago against the steelers, and last season against the broncos, fans still hold onto the mantra that the Bengals lose in prime time. Maybe we need to change that mantra...even if we dont quite beieve it yet until we create a new reality.

YES!!

I completely agree with this and think that fans perspective does have an impact on the game.

Hear me out and my strange logic here.

If you know anything of the Chicago Cubs history then you know about Steve Bartman. The whole Steve Bartman scenario opened my eyes on to how a crowd or fanbase can dictate a game. Things we all good before that play, but after he caught that easy out and the cubs player got upset, the crowd turned. Obviously the Cubs wanted to win the game, but their nervousness and anger about the play encompasses the stadium. They then went on to choke in the final moments of the game to end their magical run that year. I am not even a baseball fan, but the ESPN 30 for 30 on it gave me chills.

I think our fanbase often expects a blunder to happen. As a fanbase, I think we need to show far more confidence in our team and players. It seems a lot of us always have that "ya but" feeling in the back of our heads and hearts but It's time to get past that. We are the aggressors now. Even as I write this, I assume someone is writing me off as a 'homer' and 'overly enthusiastic' because they still have that "ya but" in the back of their brain. It's time to lose it. The doubters will call it "blind homerism" but if the Seahawks fans didn't have "blind homerism" im not sure if their team would have been willed to the superbowl like they have been the last few years. Sure... the fans don't play the game, but they play an important role, and perception is reality. When people say Andy Dalton sucks, say "F*** you! No he don't!". When people call us "Just the Bengals" they need to get a verbal whoopin. When people try to refer to us as the "little brother" of Baltimore and Pittsburg we need to get pissed off. The only way to own this division is to own it through and through, and we will.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I'm not certain this team will ever lose again. For seriously.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 09:18 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: When people say Andy Dalton sucks, say "F*** you! No he don't!"

F*** you, he sucks LOL
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 10:10 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'm not certain this team will ever lose again. For seriously.

YES
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 10:15 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: F*** you, he sucks LOL

F*** you, no he don't! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote