Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They HAVE to Tank Now
If they don’t deal at least AJ and Eifert and give Finley a long look, there’s no point in caring about this team.

This is the worst franchise in the NFL and there is a 50% chance this group doesn’t win a game this season, even without selling. There is nothing to play for this year; zero benefit to winning games, and this group is not 2-3 players away from being a contender.

Every effort should be made to deal every player who holds value. Stockpile picks and try to legitimately rebuild this team.

Going forward, from this week on, it’ll be very interesting to see which path they choose. If they pack it in and do nothing, I’m not sure I can force myself to give a damn anymore.

In an interesting aside, I watched the game today with several former Jaguar players. Prominent former NFL players whom everyone here would recognize. Both guys told me they had chances to sign with Cincinnati and just wanted no part of the franchise. Had no desire to play for Brown.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You hang out with Blake Bortles?
Reply/Quote
What are they gonna get for Tyler Eifert? Who's the new guy gonna throw to next year.

I'm sure you've noticed they suck at drafting.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You hang out with Blake Bortles?

Maurice Jones Drew is the only prominent Jaguar... And that tackle they had I guess.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:20 PM)jason Wrote: Maurice Jones Drew is the only prominent Jaguar... And that tackle they had I guess.

No. Earlier.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:09 PM)jason Wrote: What are they gonna get for Tyler Eifert? Who's the new guy gonna throw to next year.

I'm sure you've noticed they suck at drafting.

Eifert is on pace for a 39 catch/270 yards (6.9 AVG)/2 TD season assuming he stays healthy for all 16 games.

Literally any TE in the draft or top UDFA TE can replace that "production".

They took him out of the game last week when they got 1st and Goal. If you're not going to use him, might as well get rid of him and let some other team use him better.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:30 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: No. Earlier.

Jimmy Smith and Keenan McCardell? Fred Taylor?
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I have no faith in MB doing what needs to be done. Before anything Tobin needs to be fired. Once that happens, then maybe the ship will be righted.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
if they dont trade Green and Eifert then they will be walking at the end of the season. We get nothing in return at all. AJ=2nd round....Eifert=4th round...at least get value for them instead of them just leaving.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 11:30 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: if they dont trade Green and Eifert then they will be walking at the end of the season.  We get nothing in return at all.  AJ=2nd round....Eifert=4th round...at least get value for them instead of them just leaving.

1.) They can easily franchise AJ Green so why trade him when you can keep him?
2.) You're looking at most a 3rd Comp for Green or a 4th RD pick.
3.) Eifert would get a 6th or 7th pick? I would do it but it still not much.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 11:30 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: if they dont trade Green and Eifert then they will be walking at the end of the season.  We get nothing in return at all.  AJ=2nd round....Eifert=4th round...at least get value for them instead of them just leaving.

Eifert? We're possibly the only team who will give him as much money as we do.

Green, yeah he could leave.
Reply/Quote
Ss Donavan Darius n Keenan would be my guess. Doesn’t matter we don’t sign anyone that’s more than one year away from retirement.
Reply/Quote
There is absolutely no structure in place to properly utilize any amassed draft picks. That would be like loading precious cargo on to the Titanic.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: I have no faith in MB doing what needs to be done. Before anything Tobin needs to be fired. Once that happens, then maybe the ship will be righted.

So you want the Browns/Blackburn’s making ALL the decisions? No thanks.

Reply/Quote
Could be they are being really cautious with Eifert because of his injury history. I'd hang onto him another year while our rookie TE learns the position more.

I'd hang onto AJ. Even two first round picks don't replace his talent as a top 5 pick. We need dynamic players. AJ is one. Mixon is another. I wouldn't trade either right now because their stock is low. If they fix the offensive line their stock goes up. If they get an upgrade at QB and linebacker that helps the team.

Seeing as we have a lot of defensive lineman, I would be fine with trading a player like Dunlap for a first rounder, but I wouldn't want to dump Geno. He's still top 5 at his position. Same as AJ and Mixon has the potential to be top 5 in my opinion. If you can't get a first round pick for Dunlap I probably wouldn't trade him; if we were to trade him we better be taking an offensive lineman or linebacker with the pick.

They need to upgrade offensive line and linebacker. If they came out of the draft with one or two solid guards, I would be ecstatic. We already invested in LT last year. If there's another worth picking I say go for it. We seem to have a center. We need two dominant guards to build a run game around. I don't know what the draft class looks like, but the 2nd round could be a great place to nab a good guard. Unless there's a Quenten Nelson type prospect coming in, where we're picking may be too high in the first. If there's a dynamic linebacker in the first we could take, paired with a 2nd and 3rd round G/T, we could come out pretty great in the draft. Unless they want to take a QB high. In that case linebacker will most likely be a problem going into 2020. If they're planning on going QB early, they need to just pony up in free agency for a linebacker. It's working for other teams.

If they went LB in FA. QB high. Guard/ Tackle in 2nd round, third round, I'd be pretty happy. But of course they would then have to go out and play.
I'm coming around to the line of thinking that we need a more dynamic QB. When you see some of the guys performing this year, they all have a little something extra. Not sure Dalton has that. Russell Wilson can make things happen with a poor offensive line. Some of these dynamic players like Lamar Jackson are taking over the NFL. It would only help things if we added another QB so we can attack defenses from a variety of ways like you see in New Orleans. We can't be so predictable.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:51 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: If they don’t deal at least AJ and Eifert and give Finley a long look, there’s no point in caring about this team.

This is the worst franchise in the NFL and there is a 50% chance this group doesn’t win a game this season, even without selling. There is nothing to play for this year; zero benefit to winning games, and this group is not 2-3 players away from being a contender.

Every effort should be made to deal every player who holds value. Stockpile picks and try to legitimately rebuild this team.

Going forward, from this week on, it’ll be very interesting to see which path they choose. If they pack it in and do nothing, I’m not sure I can force myself to give a damn anymore.

In an interesting aside, I watched the game today with several former Jaguar players. Prominent former NFL players whom everyone here would recognize. Both guys told me they had chances to sign with Cincinnati and just wanted no part of the franchise. Had no desire to play for Brown.

Why do we have threads / posts suggesting we deliberately tank!?

We are 0-7 with the worst defense in the league and the worst rushing game in the league...plus an apparently outmatched coaching staff and a growing injury list.

If they keep doing what they do we'll be tanking regardless...you put in some hungry, fresh 'back ups' you are more likely to win or at least get a reaction
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Eifert is on pace for a 39 catch/270 yards (6.9 AVG)/2 TD season assuming he stays healthy for all 16 games.

Literally any TE in the draft or top UDFA TE can replace that "production".

They took him out of the game last week when they got 1st and Goal. If you're not going to use him, might as well get rid of him and let some other team use him better.

I was talking more about AJ Green than Eifert.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 08:51 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: If they don’t deal at least AJ and Eifert and give Finley a long look, there’s no point in caring about this team.

As much as I think the right thing to do is to trade AJ, I can see why they may not want to. If he has 2-3 years left in him, it can help a new QB. However, I'd rather see that money spent toward an OT, but they probably won't due that after the Glenn fiasco.

They absolutely need to trade Eifert. He has a whopping 118 yards. On pace for less than 300 yards and 2-3 TDs in this offense. Trade him to SEA ideally for a 4th but would take a 5th.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote