Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
They all kiss Trump's...ring
They only want power for themselves and are hoping and praying he will pick them to sit to his right and wield that power with him.

So funny and so sad.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nikki-haley-says-she-will-vote-for-trump/

Quote:Nikki Haley says she'll vote for Trump, despite previously saying he's "not qualified" to be president
By Kathryn Watson
Updated on: May 22, 2024 / 7:44 PM EDT / CBS News

Washington — Former presidential candidate Nikki Haley said Wednesday she will vote for presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, even though she has previously called him "not qualified" to lead the nation. 

Haley, in her first political public appearance since [url=https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nikki-haley-dropping-out-republican-presidential-race/]suspending her campaign
, announced she will be voting for Trump, despite all of her intense and extensive criticism of the indicted former president's actions and character. Haley, a former South Carolina governor, served as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations in the Trump administration. 

Since the beginning of the year, Haley has called Trump "as unhinged" and "more unhinged than he ever was." During a February rally, Haley called Trump "not qualified to be the president of the United States," after he blasted Haley's deployed husband
"I will be voting for Trump," Haley said during Wednesday's event at the Hudson Institute in Washington, D.C. "Having said that, I stand by what I said in my suspension speech." 

In her speech suspending her campaign back in March, Haley said she has always supported the GOP nominee, but quoted former British prime minister Margaret Thatcher, who said, "Never just follow the crowd. Always make up your own mind."

Continue watching12/20: CBSN AMafter the ad

The video player is currently playing an ad. You can skip the ad in 5 sec with a mouse or keyboard

"It is now up to Donald Trump to earn the votes of those in our party and beyond it who did not support him," Haley said when she dropped out of the race. "And I hope he does that. At its best, politics is about bringing people into your cause, not turning them away. And our conservative cause badly needs more people. This is now his time for choosing."

In a May 11 post to his Truth Social platform, Trump wrote that Haley "is not under consideration" to be his vice presidential candidate. 

Upon Haley's announcement, the Biden campaign said "nothing has changed" for Republicans who voted for Haley. 
"Nothing has changed for the millions of Republican voters who continue to cast their ballots against Donald Trump in the primaries and care deeply about the future of our democracy, standing strong with our allies against foreign adversaries, and working across the aisle to get things done for the American people — while also rejecting the chaos, division and violence that Donald Trump embodies," said Biden campaign communications director Michael Tyler."  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
When push came to shove she showed her true colors of party over country.

And wasn't even truthful about it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/22/us/politics/nikki-haley-biden-trump.html

Quote:Haley Says She Will Vote for Trump, in Her First Appearance Since Dropping Out
Nikki Haley had sharp words for President Biden and some Republicans.
  • Share full article
    Haley Says She Will Vote for Trump in the November Election
In her first public appearance since dropping her Republican presidential bid, Nikki Haley, the former Governor of South Carolina, said she would vote for former President Donald J. Trump.

As a voter, I put my priorities on a president who’s going to have the backs of our allies and hold our enemies to account. Who would secure the border. No more excuses. A president who would support capitalism and freedom. A president who understands we need less debt, not more debt. Trump has not been perfect on these policies. I have made that clear many, many times. But Biden has been a catastrophe. So I will be voting for Trump. Having said that, I stand by what I said in my suspension speech. Trump would be smart to reach out to the millions of people who voted for me and continue to support me. And not assume that they’re just going to be with him. And I genuinely hope he does that.

[Image: author-jazmine-ulloa-thumbLarge.png]
[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]By Jazmine Ulloa

[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]Reporting from Washington[/color]
[/color]
  • [color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]May 22, 2024[/color]

[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]In her first public appearance since she dropped her Republican presidential bid in March, Nikki Haley, the former United Nations ambassador, on Wednesday said she would vote for former President Donald J. Trump, stopping short of an official endorsement.
[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]Speaking at the Hudson Institute in Washington, a conservative think tank, Ms. Haley delivered a scathing critique of President Biden and Republicans on foreign policy. During her speech, she made no mention of the elephant in the room: Mr. Trump.[/color]
[/color]

[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)][color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]But in a fireside chat afterward, the moderator, Peter Rough, asked Ms. Haley who she believed would do a better job in the White House. Ms. Haley paused before carefully continuing her answer. As a voter, she said, she would put her priorities behind a president who would have the “backs of our allies and hold our enemies to account,” secure the nation’s borders and curb the national debt.[/color][/color]
[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)][color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]“Trump has not been perfect on these policies. I’ve made that clear many, many times,” she said. “But Biden has been a catastrophe. So, I will be voting for Trump.” A few sighs were audible in the crowd as she spoke.[/color][/color]

[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]As Mr. Trump’s longest-standing rival in the 2024 primary contest, Ms. Haley carved out an important lane for herself as the voice for Republican and independent voters looking for an alternative to the former president. While she was included in recent chatter about Mr. Trump’s possible running mates, he recently all but [/color]ruled out[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)] the possibility of selecting Ms. Haley, who also is a former South Carolina governor.[/color]

[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)][color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]Her decision on whether to endorse him could play a pivotal role in shaping the presidential contest. Ms. Haley, who was named the new Walter P. Stern chairwoman at the Hudson Institute, has built a formidable network of high-dollar donors and has a solid base of younger people, college-educated voters and independents that she has warned Mr. Trump he needs to win. But she and the former president grew increasingly bitter at the end of the primary.[/color][/color]

[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)][color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]In her chat after the speech, she also said Mr. Trump “would be smart to reach out to the millions of people who voted for me and continue to support me and not assume that they’re just going to be with him.”[/color][/color]

[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)][color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]Our politics reporters. Times journalists are not allowed to endorse or campaign for candidates or political causes. That includes participating in rallies and donating money to a candidate or cause.
Learn more about our process.
[/color][/color]

[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)][color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]Representatives for Mr. Trump’s campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment.[/color][/color]
[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)][color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]Biden campaign officials said Ms. Haley’s remarks would not sway the anti-Trump moderates and independents who reject the violence and division that Mr. Trump represents. Though Ms. Haley never embraced the anti-Trump label, many came to see her candidacy as a principled (even if futile) stand against Mr. Trump and his transformation of his party.[/color][/color]

[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)][color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]“Nothing has changed for the millions of Republican voters who continue to cast their ballots against Donald Trump in the primaries and care deeply about the future of our democracy,” Michael Tyler, the communications director for Mr. Biden’s re-election campaign, said in a statement. “Only one candidate shares those values, and only one campaign is working hard every day to earn their support — and that’s President Biden’s.”[/color][/color]

[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]The Biden campaign has been working behind the scenes to reach out to high-profile Republicans and Haley voters. It is also planning to roll out a grass-roots group with dedicated staff workers to organize Republican voters in key battlegrounds.[/color]

[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)][color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]Robert Schwartz, who heads the Haley Voters for Biden PAC, said Ms. Haley’s comments on Wednesday were not surprising. She has a future in Republican politics and her own personal, political and partisan reasons to maintain ties with those in her party, he added. But he contended her voters had “entirely different calculations” on what was best for the country.[/color][/color]

[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)][color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]“I am not going to sugarcoat it — it is bad news,” Mr. Schwartz said. “But it is something that we expected, and taking a step back, it is actually a pretty weak endorsement.”[/color][/color]

[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)][color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]Ms. Haley echoed many of the signature themes from her campaign during her speech. She criticized Mr. Biden for his withdrawal from Afghanistan and what she described as his failure to take on China and Iran. She called his recent decision to withhold a shipment of bombs to Israel as “foolish.”[/color][/color]

[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)][color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]“Withholding them validates the totally false and destructive narrative that Israel is acting unjustly by defending herself,” she said.[/color][/color]

[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]But she did not do the same to Mr. Trump, whom she had described as “unhinged” and a dangerous agent of chaos throughout much of her campaign. Instead, she reserved her choice words for members of her own party, disparaging them for promoting an isolationist approach to Ukraine’s war with Russia.[/color]

[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]“Just a few weeks before Biden threw Israel to the wolves, many Republicans in Congress tried to push Ukraine off a cliff,” she said, praising Speaker Mike Johnson for demonstrating “moral courage and a clear understanding of the stakes.”
[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]Michael Gold contributed reporting.[/color]
[/color]
[color=var(--color-content-secondary,#363636)]Jazmine Ulloa is a national politics repo[/color]

And no one is surprised except those ont he right who thought she was better than that.
Reply/Quote
Did you think that it would end differently?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well, what is Haley expected to do here really. Not endorsing the GOP nominee would pretty much end her career. While changing nothing.

Of course one can argue principle, but if it were about that she would have never served in his admin in the first place.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2024, 09:27 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did you think that it would end differently?

Of course not....when in the world has Nikki Haley ever shown an ounce of political courage or hasn't backed down and changed her position when she got push back.

She will has always and will always take the road of least resistance

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2024, 09:44 AM)pally Wrote: Of course not....when in the world has Nikki Haley ever shown an ounce of political courage or hasn't backed down and changed her position when she got push back.

She will has always and will always take the road of least resistance

I mean, not that I like her, but imho running against Donald Trump takes some courage and is not the road of least resistance.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2024, 09:27 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did you think that it would end differently?

(05-23-2024, 09:37 AM)hollodero Wrote: Well, what is Haley expected to do here really. Not endorsing the GOP nominee would pretty much end her career. While changing nothing.

Of course one can argue principle, but if it were about that she would have never served in his admin in the first place.

Mellow

(05-23-2024, 09:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: When push came to shove she showed her true colors of party over country.

And wasn't even truthful about it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/22/us/politics/nikki-haley-biden-trump.html

And no one is surprised except those on the right who thought she was better than that.
She may have damaged her brand anyway.  Her supporters refused to vote for Trump even after she dropped out of the primaries.  Does anyone think that now they will continue to support her?
Reply/Quote
And Kamala Harris said to Biden...That little girl was me.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2024, 09:49 AM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

She may have damaged her brand anyway.  Her supporters refused to vote for Trump even after she dropped out of the primaries.  Does anyone think that now they will continue to support her?

Maybe not, but as it showed their numbers are not that great that they matter much. What would she do with their support when the GOP turns against her.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2024, 09:53 AM)hollodero Wrote: Maybe not, but as it showed their numbers are not that great that they matter much. What would she do with their support when the GOP turns against her.

My point was she either was going to lose her supporters or the Trump supporters who have already left her because she dared say the emperor had no clothes.

Now she has offended both groups.

It wasn't just policy disagreement with Trump.  He made it personal and talked about her husband.

She had the opportunity to stand up for principles and instead bowed to Trump and showed her true colors.  Everyone who thought she was "different" was wrong.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2024, 09:52 AM)Goalpost Wrote: And Kamala Harris said to Biden...That little girl was me.

[Image: F96wxthWgAAUzeE?format=jpg&name=small]
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2024, 09:57 AM)GMDino Wrote: My point was she either was going to lose her supporters or the Trump supporters who have already left her because she dared say the emperor had no clothes.

Now she has offended both groups.

Well, seems she effed up the whole road of least reasistance part. But sure, she probably has, at the same time she might still be the intermediary between both groups and someone they can compromise on. At least I'd say she generally aims to be that way, that's her whole schtick.

(05-23-2024, 09:57 AM)GMDino Wrote: It wasn't just policy disagreement with Trump.  He made it personal and talked about her husband.

Sure, that's what he does, she knew she'd probably have to let that slide. As implicitly stated, if she had principles she'd probably be out of politics already, way before she ran against him.

(05-23-2024, 09:57 AM)GMDino Wrote: She had the opportunity to stand up for principles and instead bowed to Trump and showed her true colors.  Everyone who thought she was "different" was wrong.

Sure she's not different. She served in Trump's admin when it was already clear who he is, so whoever thought she is already is naive. She makes career moves like every unprincipled person in politics that wants to get somewhere somewhen.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2024, 10:07 AM)hollodero Wrote: Well, seems she effed up the whole road of least reasistance part. But sure, she probably has, at the same time she might still be the indemediary between both groups and someone they can compromise on. At least I'd say she generally aims to be that way, that's her whole schtick.

Sure, that's what he does, she knew she'd probably have to let that slide. As implicitly stated, if she had principles she'd probably be out of politics already, way before she ran against him.

Sure she's not different. She served in Trump's admin when it was already clear who he is, so whoever thought she is already is naive. She makes career moves like every unprincipled person in politics that wants to get somewhere somewhen.

All true.

But I am still disappointed that there appears to be no one on the right (maybe Romney) who will stand on their own.  

Allowing Trump to do whatever he wants is the absolute worst thing that can be done and virtually the entire republican party is willing to sacrifice their morals, principles, values and even their family to show their servitude to him.
Reply/Quote
Disappointing, but expected. They all capitulate in the end. Trump owns the GOP until his death, and probably even afterwards.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2024, 09:49 AM)hollodero Wrote: I mean, not that I like her, but imho running against Donald Trump takes some courage and is not the road of least resistance.

It shouldn't be difficult for someone who wanted to be President of the United States

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2024, 10:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: All true.

But I am still disappointed that there appears to be no one on the right (maybe Romney) who will stand on their own.  

Allowing Trump to do whatever he wants is the absolute worst thing that can be done and virtually the entire republican party is willing to sacrifice their morals, principles, values and even their family to show their servitude to him.

Oh, I certainly get that and I agree it's pretty devastating. I mean, some people made a different choice, did not go along and as a result are out of politics now. That's the only alternative for them, barring Romney because of some odd Utah anomaly.

Guess what I'm saying is that only Mormonism is an effective conservative counterideology to Trump.
Reply/Quote
It's the norm.

People quickly forget all the things said about Joe Biden while he was trying to win the Democratic nomination.

Another non-story by the obsessed.
Reply/Quote
And every Dem will rally behind Biden despite it being clear he's suffering from massive cognitive decline. Also, water is wet and shit stinks.

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2024, 11:48 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: And every Dem will rally behind Biden despite it being clear he's suffering from massive cognitive decline.  Also, water is wet and shit stinks.

[Image: cg62799ecc34936.jpg?resize=1139,1270]
Reply/Quote
Using a tired trope, badly, is not a counter argument. It merely exposes your lack of self awareness and inability to see things through any lens other than that of an extreme partisan.

Also, as usual, your meme game is limp af.

Reply/Quote