Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They're Making A Movie About The Washington Incident With My School
(07-14-2021, 08:45 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Guys does no one realize Nate was making a very subtle point? He pretended to jump the gun about the point of the OP just like Twitter and celebrities jumped the gun about those high school kids. It was actually quite impressive, give him a break.

I thought of that somewhere during this 12 hour back and forth.  Then again, I'd argue that the OP and MAGA hats are both lauded for their penchant for causing a stir and I was just dumb enough to fall for the bait.  And yes, I said I was done but I guess I'm still the topic of conversation here and I'm too "spectrum-ey" to just let this stuff go.  Like I said, I don't see the smart people who disagree with Brad spending much time in this thread.  Damn me.

Meh, I have like a zillion posts on this board (I'm not terribly proud of it) and they can't all be winners.  What can ya do?  Am I seriously more interesting than the actual topic of this thread?  I'm somewhat OK with that, I guess.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 08:45 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Guys does no one realize Nate was making a very subtle point? He pretended to jump the gun about the point of the OP just like Twitter and celebrities jumped the gun about those high school kids. It was actually quite impressive, give him a break.

It's like performance art.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 09:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Like I said, I don't see the smart people who disagree with Brad spending much time in this thread.  Damn me.

Meh, I wouldn't judge the quality of a topic by simply by the participation in a thread, at least not here anyways.

I've been half-tempted to fire off a few threads on Cuba and South Africa, and then a clip of Donald Trump Jr's CPAC speech and a clip of Guliani's hair dye running his face, just as litmus test of sorts.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 09:24 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Meh, I wouldn't judge the quality of a topic by simply by the participation in a thread, at least not here anyways.

I've been half-tempted to fire off a few threads on Cuba and South Africa, and then a clip of Donald Trump Jr's CPAC speech and a clip of Guliani's hair dye running his face, just as litmus test of sorts.

All I've seen of Trump Jr's speech is the dead response to his joke about Texas that I didn't get.  

(07-14-2021, 09:20 PM)jason Wrote: It's like performance art.

I will say I may have inadvertently also answered Wes' question about why people are so resistant to admitting they were wrong about something.  
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 09:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All I've seen of Trump Jr's speech is the dead response to his joke about Texas that I didn't get.  

I will say I may have inadvertently also answered Wes' question about why people are so resistant to admitting they were wrong about something.  

To be fair if you're so wrong right out of the gate that even you have realized it immediately a little pile on is probably par for the course. Plus the right wingers don't get too many opportunities here to be outright correct.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2021, 09:14 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: To be fair if you're so wrong right out of the gate that even you have realized it immediately a little pile on is probably par for the course. Plus the right wingers don't get too many opportunities here to be outright correct.

Truly it was my Jim Marshall wrong way moment of my otherwise HOF career.  

I shouldn't have taken that Ambien. 
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 09:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All I've seen of Trump Jr's speech is the dead response to his joke about Texas that I didn't get.  

LOL. That would have been the one.  I saw it the other day.  Apparently it was a big story.  The thread I saw had more comments than the other trending thread on Cuba.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2021, 09:24 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Meh, I wouldn't judge the quality of a topic by simply by the participation in a thread, at least not here anyways.

via GIPHY

I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote