Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"They were f------ awesome." Chad Johnson
(10-16-2015, 12:56 AM)treee Wrote: Well aren't you just a people person.

Dunno if I am or not, but I'm not an unfaithful person, and I'm absolutely not an unfaithful person who beats a woman when he gets caught.

I have zero respect for such a person.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:44 PM)Bigsmithin Wrote: I will always love Chad Johnson.  I still remember the days of him buying out 10,000 seats just so the game could be shown on T.V. and ask nothing in return other then being a Bengals fan.

Good read about last Sundays game with some Chad Johnson quotes:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000557649/article/cincinnati-bengals-have-a-different-feel-just-ask-chad-johnson
I did love him, but he became too much about Chad, and I think Drew Rosenscum had a lot to do with it, but it still happened.  
(10-15-2015, 04:46 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Chad is on the long list of former Bengals that gets bashed waaaay too much on here.

Good to see him popping back up.
He's only popping back up because the Bengals are undefeated and he wants a day in the spotlight again.  Can't believe people aren't seeing this.  I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up more.

Chad loves the spotlight and he knows he can be in it while the Bengals are, which they will be for a long time.
(10-15-2015, 04:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: always been a Chad fan... he had a few rough years here But he was one of the main reasons to watch the team for years.
I agree but the things like the holdout just made me think that it was all BS.  

Sorry, but you want to turn your back on us?  Keep walking.
(10-15-2015, 10:33 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: He's a wife beater and an attention ***** with obvious mental illness.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but at the same time, I don't know that I wouldn't go that far...........
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 10:33 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: He's a attention ***** with obvious mental illness.

[Image: download_zps9ozzuone.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 09:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You're right, Collinsworth could run the correct routes. I'm not a Chad hater, I like the guy, but he had issues.....

???

Chad Johnson was the best route runner the Bengals ever had. He was quick off his breaks, amazing footwork, and practiced like there was no tomorrow.

Chad would run circles around Collinsworth if they're both in their prime. Both great players, but Chad's speed and footwork was one of the best of all time.

But Collinsworth is also a great player. You're comparing two different types of wide receivers. Chad destroyed defenses with his footwork.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 10:33 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: He's a wife beater and an attention ***** with obvious mental illness.

Why so angry?  Yawn
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
People give Chad a lot of shit, but he loved the Bengals and their fans.

Some people were accusing him of being a bandwagon fan by coming the Seahawks game once we were 5-0, but I don't see it that way.

I just think he was excited for them because that's a better start than he's ever had with the Bengals and he thinks this may be our year.

I'll always love Chad. He was a great guy, a great player but a terrible husband and father.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 04:29 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: ???

He was quick off his breaks, amazing footwork, and practiced like there was no tomorrow.

Chad would run circles around Collinsworth if they're both in their prime. Both great players, but Chad's speed and footwork was one of the best of all time.

But Collinsworth is also a great player. You're comparing two different types of wide receivers. Chad destroyed defenses with his footwork.

That's all true. What is also true is that Chad would also use that speed and footwork to run to the wrong place because he struggled to learn the offense. He had all the physical tools.... if he had spent as much time learning the playbook as he did planning touchdown celebrations, he would have been better off....
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 11:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's all true. What is also true is that Chad would also use that speed and footwork to run to the wrong place because he struggled to learn the offense. He had all the physical tools.... if he had spent as much time learning the playbook as he did planning touchdown celebrations, he would have been better off....

When he did touchdown celebrations was during the 2003-2006 seasons?

Where he led his conference in receiving yards 4 consecutive years? Something NO other player in NFL history has done? And when he led the league is receiving yards in 2006?

He was 3rd in receiving yards in 2007. Behind Wayne and Moss.

Chad did amazing things in his prime. Sure. 2008 wasn't a good year. But it's hard to have a good year with Fitzpatrick throwing you the ball. 2009 he posted over 1,000 yards with a predominately running offense. And was the only receiving option out there.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 07:25 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: People give Chad a lot of shit, but he loved the Bengals and their fans.

Some people were accusing him of being a bandwagon fan by coming the Seahawks game once we were 5-0, but I don't see it that way.

I just think he was excited for them because that's a better start than he's ever had with the Bengals and he thinks this may be our year.

I'll always love Chad. He was a great guy, a great player but a terrible husband and father.
Terrible husband? Maybe. Terrible father? I don't know if I'd say that. He's constantly talking about his kids and, not that it means much, posting pictures of them on his social media accounts.
(10-16-2015, 03:16 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: When he did touchdown celebrations was during the 2003-2006 seasons?

Where he led his conference in receiving yards 4 consecutive years? Something NO other player in NFL history has done? And when he led the league is receiving yards in 2006?

He was 3rd in receiving yards in 2007. Behind Wayne and Moss.

Chad did amazing things in his prime. Sure. 2008 wasn't a good year. But it's hard to have a good year with Fitzpatrick throwing you the ball. 2009 he posted over 1,000 yards with a predominately running offense. And was the only receiving option out there.

People are still mad at Chad because he said being in New England was like being in heaven. Haters gonna hate.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Chad was great here and is a great alumni who constantly has his eyes and ears to the Bengals. If you think he was a clown her ok but to me he made Sunday's worth watching. He made great sideline catches and when he scored you knew you were gonna see something.

Funniest thing I'll remember when he was doing all the craziness after touchdowns was one of the announcers said he's a clown but the other one said "Well if you don't want him doing all the celebrations then don't let him score". Not like he was dancing after 3 and outs lol
Reply/Quote
I try not to hold grudges. Sometimes, it's unavoidable. But if I do hold a grudge, it will be against someone who has wronged me personally. Chad never did a bad thing to me. I bear him no ill will.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Like Chad don't like Chad but you have to agree..."They were F------ Awesome."
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 12:33 PM)McC Wrote: I try not to hold grudges.  Sometimes, it's unavoidable.  But if I do hold a grudge, it will be against someone who has wronged me personally.  Chad never did a bad thing to me.  I bear him no ill will.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I always liked Chad Johnson, but Ochocinco was only for himself.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 04:55 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Best WR in cincy ever not named AJ Green. Yeah Brown Pickens Collinsworth were all solid but ocho was one of a kind

In todays NFL Isaac Curtis would b dominant
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 03:22 PM)Mer Wrote: I always liked Chad Johnson, but Ochocinco was only for himself.

There is no denying Chad Johnson was a better receiver than Chad Ochocinco.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 03:48 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I did love him, but he became too much about Chad, and I think Drew Rosenscum had a lot to do with it,

Drew Rosenhaus gets a bad rap. I used to have the same impression. Scummy agent type. Then i was in Chad's condo while DR was on the phone negotiating his extension in '06 and i heard how he spoke to the Bengals and how he treated me while i was there. 

I was just some nobody locksmith, there to put new locks on Chad's condo but Rosenhaus couldn't have been more cordial and engaging. I was shocked, based on what my opinion had been of him. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
1. Chad was more dominant than Isaac Curtis when compared to their peers. Chad finished top 10 in yards more times (6 to 2), led his conference more times (4 to 1) and had more Pro Bowls (6 to 4).

2. The stuff about him being a poor route runner is total BS. Chad actually had a reputation as an exceptional route runner.

3. Chad was without question the centerpiece of those teams that brought the Bengals back to respectability. He was every bit as good as AJ imo, and although I prefer AJ's quiet demeanor over Chad's bravado, I think those old team's fed off of Chad's confidence. Chad's career obviously ended on a down note, but 1-2 years of disappointment aren't what he should be remembered for.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 03:22 PM)Mer Wrote: I always liked Chad Johnson, but Ochocinco was only for himself.

Very true.  Most people would probably agree.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Chad *was* an awesome route runner.

If only he'd been as good at knowing which route he was supposed to run.
Reply/Quote