Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things Biden will not do.
(11-09-2020, 04:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So please show me where he has promised to do so. Because he didn't on JoeBiden.com.

It's 3 paragraphs in

"He won’t ask a single person making under $400,000 per year to pay a penny more in taxes, and will in fact enact more than one-dozen middle class tax cuts that will finally give working families the financial support they deserve."
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 04:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So please show me where he has promised to do so. Because he didn't on JoeBiden.com.

(11-09-2020, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You need to learn to read.  This is a direct quote for JoeBiden.com

He won’t ask a single person making under $400,000 per year to pay a penny more in taxes, and will in fact enact more than one-dozen middle class tax cuts that will finally give working families the financial support they deserve.

The problem is that you don't understand how tax policy is enacted.  It is very simple to repeal one tax code and implement another that has some of the same and somethings different.  So Trump's tax code will be repealed and Biden's will be implemented.  And Biden's new plan will not raise taxes on anyone making under $400K.

Maybe this will help make it simple enough for you to understand.  If the Bengals brought in a new coach he may say "We are throwing out the old offensive playbook but under my new plan we are still going to run the ball outside."  Would your response be "They can't run the ball outside under the new plan because that was in the old playbook that they threw away."?

(11-09-2020, 04:51 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Have you ever been in a discussion where you did NOT insult someone? 'Cause I have yet to see it. Good to know that even though insulting someone is not supposed to be allowed, it's still allowed.

And, again, he promised to repeal Trump's tax cuts. And, again, no one has provided evidence that he will only repeal it for those making over $400,000 or he will LOWER taxes for those making less after he repeal's Trump's tax cuts. And insulting me is NOT evidence of either of those.
So, yes, he says he won't raiser taxes on those making less than $400,000 but he also said he'll repeal Trump's tax cuts. Ergo, we're at the point where he needs to show where he will either lower taxes on those making $400,000 after repealling ALL of Trump's tax cuts or where he will only repeal the part of Trump's tax cuts that cover those making $400,000.
If you cannot provide evidence then kindly STFU and stop insulting someone simply because you cannot answer the question that was asked.

(11-09-2020, 04:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's 3 paragraphs in

"He won’t ask a single person making under $400,000 per year to pay a penny more in taxes, and will in fact enact more than one-dozen middle class tax cuts that will finally give working families the financial support they deserve."

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47tkwtt4kzj3cqxea7e4...=giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Just stop responding to him. He's doing this on purpose.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 04:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Just stop responding to him. He's doing this on purpose.

No I'm not. I am legitimately asking a question you 3 refuse to answer.

I acknowledge that Biden has said he won't raise taxes on those making less than $400,000. But, I also acknowledge that he says he will repeal Trump's tax cuts. Despite the apparently allowed insults, I am aware of how laws work. 

I am asking for clarification from Biden (through you guys) on how he plans on repealing Trump's tax cuts without raising the taxes on those making less than $400,000. So if you don't know (which is perfectly understandable), then please say so. Please do your best to keep your inner Trumps under control and refrain from insulting me. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 05:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No I'm not. I am legitimately asking a question you 3 refuse to answer.

I acknowledge that Biden has said he won't raise taxes on those making less than $400,000. But, I also acknowledge that he says he will repeal Trump's tax cuts. Despite the apparently allowed insults, I am aware of how laws work. 

I am asking for clarification from Biden (through you guys) on how he plans on repealing Trump's tax cuts without raising the taxes on those making less than $400,000. So if you don't know (which is perfectly understandable), then please say so. Please do your best to keep your inner Trumps under control and refrain from insulting me. 

Laws are replaced by new laws. Biden cannot repeal a law. 

The new law would keep the existing tax rates except on those exceptions I noted in my first response to you (which you ignored). Just because the new law would replace the other law, doesn't mean he cannot keep things from the old law. This is evident in his plan specifically saying that taxes will not raise for the middle class (remaining they will remain at the current rate). 

If you recall, I used Trump's plans to replace the ACA but keep preexisting conditions protection as an example of this occurring, comparing it to Biden wanting to replace the Trump Tax cuts but keep those tax rates for the middle class. 

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 05:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Laws are replaced by new laws. Biden cannot repeal a law. 

You might want to tell HIM that. I'm only using the words he used.

(11-09-2020, 05:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: A)The new law would keep the existing tax rates except on those exceptions I noted in my first response to you (which you ignored).

B)This is evident in his plan specifically saying that taxes will not raise for the middle class (remaining they will remain at the current rate). 

A) I didn't ignore it, I was looking for evidence of BIDEN saying that's what he plans on doing. Especially given the concerns of conservatives saying that repealing Trump's tax cuts would raise everyone's taxes. 

B) Like I said, he says he won't raise taxes but then says he'll repeal Trump's tax cuts. Then conservatives criticize and say that the latter WILL raise taxes. Where's Biden's comment(s) saying that he will keep the tax rates the same in his new plan? Yes, I know he's repeatedly stated he won't raise their taxes, but I want to see his comments addressing this particular concern specifically. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 05:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You might want to tell HIM that. I'm only using the words he used.

A) I didn't ignore it, I was looking for evidence of BIDEN saying that's what he plans on doing. Especially given the concerns of conservatives saying that repealing Trump's tax cuts would raise everyone's taxes. 

B) Like I said, he says he won't raise taxes but then says he'll repeal Trump's tax cuts. Then conservatives criticize and say that the latter WILL raise taxes. Where's Biden's comment(s) saying that he will keep the tax rates the same in his new plan? Yes, I know he's repeatedly stated he won't raise their taxes, but I want to see his comments addressing this particular concern specifically. 

That's semantics and part of campaigning. Candidates say what they'll do, but we know that is contingent on Congress passing the legislation and the President signing it. 

The process is one law would replace/repeal/eliminate the other. You've put a ton of emphasis on Biden's words when it comes to getting rid of the Trump tax cuts, but you seem to not place the same weight on his words that he will not raise taxes on those making over $400k because you think they're contradictory, but those two are not contradictory. 

His proposed law can, as described, raise rates on the highest bracket while not raising taxes on those making under $400k.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 05:16 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I am asking for clarification from Biden (through you guys) on how he plans on repealing Trump's tax cuts without raising the taxes on those making less than $400,000. 

By implementing his new tax plan which does not raise taxes on anyone making less than $400K.

Same exact thing Trump did.  He got rid of the old plan and put a new one in place.

It is a pretty simple concept.
Reply/Quote
Maybe this will make it simple enough for Phil to grasp.

If a new head coach said "We are throwing out the old playbook, but we are still going to run the ball between the tackles" would you say "Running the ball between the tackles was in the old play book so if you throw it away there is no way you can run between the tackles anymore."?
Reply/Quote
But do you have proof the hypothetical coach actually said that?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote