Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things Biden will not do.
(11-09-2020, 11:22 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm not the one ignoring Biden when he says he will eliminate the Trump tax cuts. 

Going back to? That's what we've apparently been doing since Trump became the Republican presidential candidate in 2016. I remember people like you getting all upset when people would explain what Trump MEANT. But, I forgot we hold Republicans to a different, higher standard than Democrats. 

That's why I asked if we were going back to it.

Trump never said what he meant apparently.  He had spokespersons to explain, Hannity & Tucker to explain, people here to explain.

Biden literally said he would eliminate the tax cuts...in the context of the top wages.  That is what he said.  

You said this: 

(10-29-2020, 12:10 PM)PhilHos Wrote: ...the Klu Klux Klan has a perspective on race relations.

Those are your actual words.  But with the context...

(10-29-2020, 12:10 PM)PhilHos Wrote: As another example, the Klu Klux Klan has a perspective on race relations. Anyone think their perspective is worth more than dog shit mixed with cat shit mixed with my shit?

...they mean something else.

So are going with just the words now or not?  Because there is a clear explanation of his tax plan presented.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
A payroll tax on those making over $400,000 to be split? So he’s not really raising it to 39%, he’s raising it to 45%, and throwing in a random tax that employees have to pay. I guess that’s to deter them from paying people $400,000 or more? Makes sense.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:31 AM)GMDino Wrote: Those are your actual words.  But with the context...

No, they don't. They mean what they mean. The Klu Klux Klan has a perspective on race relations. I doubt any of us on here agree with what they are, but the context doesn't change the meaning. 

(11-09-2020, 11:31 AM)GMDino Wrote: So are going with just the words now or not?  Because there is a clear explanation of his tax plan presented.

You tell me. You guys are the ones that want to hold Biden to a different standard than what you held Trump to. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:31 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's why I asked if we were going back to it.

Trump never said what he meant apparently.  He had spokespersons to explain, Hannity & Tucker to explain, people here to explain.

Biden literally said he would eliminate the tax cuts...in the context of the top wages.  That is what he said.  

You said this: 

Those are your actual words.  But with the context...

So are going with just the words now or not?  Because there is a clear explanation of his tax plan presented.

Like this:

https://www.cnn.com/2017/03/13/politics/sean-spicer-donald-trump-wiretapping/index.html

Sean Spicer says Trump didn't mean "wire tapping" when he said Obama had Trump's "wires tapped".

Of course in our case Biden has said that he will both "not raise taxes on people making under $400k" and will "repeal the Trump tax cuts". No one has to explain what Biden "meant". He literally has a tax plan online that details how this will occur. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, they don't. They mean what they mean. The Klu Klux Klan has a perspective on race relations. I doubt any of us on here agree with what they are, but the context doesn't change the meaning. 

You tell me. You guys are the ones that want to hold Biden to a different standard than what you held Trump to. 

What different standard? He literally has a tax plan on his website that has been reported on and analyzed for months. The fact that you failed to educate yourself on it isn't our fault. 

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, they don't. They mean what they mean. The Klu Klux Klan has a perspective on race relations. I doubt any of us on here agree with what they are, but the context doesn't change the meaning. 

So if I say "Philos believe the Klan just 'has a perspective on race relations" why doesn't he condemn them? Is that fair when I take what you actually said but provide no context?

Or would you immediately want to share the entire quote to show you meant that it's a bad perspective that no one thinks is any good?

Context matters.  Always did.  Even for Trump.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What different standard? He literally has a tax plan on his website that has been reported on and analyzed for months. The fact that you failed to educate yourself on it isn't our fault. 

Actually, I did.

https://joebiden.com/two-tax-policies/

Please show where it says that Biden will eliminate Trump's tax cuts. It doesn't. Sure, it says he's not going to rasie taxes on those making less than $400,000 but Biden actually said IN A DEBATE (as well as kamala Harris) that he will eliminate Trump's tax cuts which means he WILL be raising taxes on those making less than $400,000. 

So whom I to believe? JoeBiden.com or Joe Biden himself?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: So if I say "Philos believe the Klan just 'has a perspective on race relations" why doesn't he condemn them? Is that fair when I take what you actually said but provide no context?

Or would you immediately want to share the entire quote to show you meant that it's a bad perspective that no one thinks is any good?

Context matters.  Always did.  Even for Trump.

I agree. Too bad, many people like you didn't care for the context and only cared about the actual words Trump used. See your previous post about Trump using the words "wire tapping" instead of "surveillance" or whatever.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Actually, I did.

Please show where it says that Biden will eliminate Trump's tax cuts. It doesn't. Sure, it says he's not going to rasie taxes on those making less than $400,000 but Biden actually said IN A DEBATE (as well as kamala Harris) that he will eliminate Trump's tax cuts which means he WILL be raising taxes on those making less than $400,000. 

His tax bill would replace the Trump tax bill. That's how you "eliminate" a law. 

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: His tax bill would replace the Trump tax bill. That's how you "eliminate" a law. 

THeN WHy DiDnT He sAY RePlaCE?!?!

Ninja
Reply/Quote
This is similar to how Trump wanted to eliminate the ACA. He was going to replace it with his own healthcare law. He even said he'd keep the preexisting conditions protections.

The difference is Biden actually released a tax plan while Trump never made a healthcare plan.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:27 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is similar to how Trump wanted to eliminate the ACA. He was going to replace it with his own healthcare law. He even said he'd keep the preexisting conditions protections.

The difference is Biden actually released a tax plan while Trump never made a healthcare plan.

Why aren't you treating Trump and Biden the same!?!?!

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Actually, I did.

I order for Biden's tax plan to be put in place Trump's entire plan (including tax cuts) has to be repealed.

Biden's new tax plan will not raise taxes on anyone making less than $400K.

So where did you get the idea that Biden was raising taxes on people making less than $400K when it is clear Biden never said anything like that?

Since I have heard that same silly argument before I am pretty sure I know exactly where you heard it. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 03:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I order for Biden's tax plan to be put in place Trump's entire plan (including tax cuts) has to be repealed.

Biden's new tax plan will not raise taxes on anyone making less than $400K.

So where did you get the idea that Biden was raising taxes on people making less than $400K when it is clear Biden never said anything like that?

Trump's tax cuts cut taxes for EVERYONE paying taxes which includes people making less than $400,000
Biden repeals Trump's tax cuts
EVERYONE's taxes go back to where they were pre-tax cut. Meaning EVERYONE'S taxes are raised
Biden raises taxes on people making more than $400,000

Now aside from some tax credits for specific situations, JoeBiden.com makes no mention of cutting taxes on those making less than $400,000.

So, please, show me where Biden says he will specifically LOWER taxes on those making less than $400,000 or that he will only repeal the part of Trump's tax cuts that lowered taxes for those making $400,000. Because it's certainly not on JoeBiden.com
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 04:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Trump's tax cuts cut taxes for EVERYONE paying taxes which includes people making less than $400,000
Biden repeals Trump's tax cuts
EVERYONE's taxes go back to where they were pre-tax cut. Meaning EVERYONE'S taxes are raised
Biden raises taxes on people making more than $400,000

Now aside from some tax credits for specific situations, JoeBiden.com makes no mention of cutting taxes on those making less than $400,000.

So, please, show me where Biden says he will specifically LOWER taxes on those making less than $400,000 or that he will only repeal the part of Trump's tax cuts that lowered taxes for those making $400,000. Because it's certainly not on JoeBiden.com

This is really sad. You know that any law he enacts can keep those tax rates for people making under 400k, as he has promised to do and is stated on his plan, but you're acting like he cannot because you don't want to admit that you didn't educate yourself on his tax plan.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 04:12 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is really sad. You know that any law he enacts can keep those tax rates for people making under 400k, as he has promised to do 

So please show me where he has promised to do so. Because he didn't on JoeBiden.com.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 04:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So, please, show me where Biden says he will specifically LOWER taxes on those making less than $400,000 or that he will only repeal the part of Trump's tax cuts that lowered taxes for those making $400,000. Because it's certainly not on JoeBiden.com

You need to learn to read.  This is a direct quote for JoeBiden.com

He won’t ask a single person making under $400,000 per year to pay a penny more in taxes, and will in fact enact more than one-dozen middle class tax cuts that will finally give working families the financial support they deserve.

The problem is that you don't understand how tax policy is enacted.  It is very simple to repeal one tax code and implement another that has some of the same and somethings different.  So Trump's tax code will be repealed and Biden's will be implemented.  And Biden's new plan will not raise taxes on anyone making under $400K.

Maybe this will help make it simple enough for you to understand.  If the Bengals brought in a new coach he may say "We are throwing out the old offensive playbook but under my new plan we are still going to run the ball outside."  Would your response be "They can't run the ball outside under the new plan because that was in the old playbook that they threw away."?
Reply/Quote
https://taxfoundation.org/joe-biden-tax-plan-2020/

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxvox/tpc-updates-its-analysis-biden-would-raise-taxes-21-trillion-nearly-all-business-and-high

https://www.statesman.com/news/20201015/fact-check-does-bidenrsquos-plan-include-14-tax-hike-for-middle-class

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-trump-and-biden-tax-policies-could-affect-your-paycheck-tax-return-investment-portfolio-and-nest-egg-2020-09-21

https://abovethelaw.com/2020/10/biden-plan-spares-incomes-under-400000-taxes-corporations-and-the-super-rich-lowers-national-debt/
Reply/Quote
As I read this, it's actually funny because people forget TRUMP's own tax plan will start to raise taxes on the middle class (75k and under) starting in 2021. A time-delayed tax bomb was hidden in there, it essentially allowed Republicans to disarm it if they won or let it explode on a potential Democratic President. You see Trump's tax plan was never a true "cut" they were a delay for the wealthy and an increase for the middle class that essentially would kick in by 2027 using step increases every two years starting in 2021 with the full realization by 2027. By 2027 everyone making over 100k a year will have a net tax cut while everyone under it will have actually had a tax increase.

I find it funny people here are worried Democrats will raise their taxes because if they don't do something it will in fact be the Republicans who did, but under the disguise, it was the Democrats.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You need to learn to read.  
Have you ever been in a discussion where you did NOT insult someone? 'Cause I have yet to see it. Good to know that even though insulting someone is not supposed to be allowed, it's still allowed.
(11-09-2020, 04:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a direct quote for JoeBiden.com

He won’t ask a single person making under $400,000 per year to pay a penny more in taxes, and will in fact enact more than one-dozen middle class tax cuts that will finally give working families the financial support they deserve.

And, again, he promised to repeal Trump's tax cuts. And, again, no one has provided evidence that he will only repeal it for those making over $400,000 or he will LOWER taxes for those making less after he repeal's Trump's tax cuts. And insulting me is NOT evidence of either of those.
So, yes, he says he won't raiser taxes on those making less than $400,000 but he also said he'll repeal Trump's tax cuts. Ergo, we're at the point where he needs to show where he will either lower taxes on those making $400,000 after repealling ALL of Trump's tax cuts or where he will only repeal the part of Trump's tax cuts that cover those making $400,000.
If you cannot provide evidence then kindly STFU and stop insulting someone simply because you cannot answer the question that was asked.
Reply/Quote