Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things Have Changed
(04-02-2024, 06:20 AM)Go Cards Wrote: When I started being a season ticket holder in 91 the tickets were $20 a game and only $200 a year for the season. The good old days

I think when I owned season tickets in the upper deck it was $60 a game. I took my daughters down last year and paid a boatload of money for similar seats. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 11:21 AM)depthchart Wrote: It was like being the "Keystone Cops" (for those who are old enough to remember them)

-or-

Being the Coyote to the Road Runner.

Yup  Hilarious

The play where Gus Frerotte is scrambling err running for his life, and attempts to throw it and the ball slips out of his grip and goes like 1 yard. Play the keystone cops music to that play on loop and that sums up the 90's/early 00's Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 02:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup  Hilarious

The play where Gus Frerotte is scrambling err running for his life, and attempts to throw it and the ball slips out of his grip and goes like 1 yard. Play the keystone cops music to that play on loop and that sums up the 90's/early 00's Bengals.

And it seemed common for them to maybe miss an extra point that ended up costly  -or- miss an easy field goal 

-or- shank a punt - or- leave a Team just enough time for them to kick a field goal and win
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 08:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Long gone are the days of Kroger, P&G and Bengals players buying up tickets to give away (and those who got them free still didn’t come) just to get the game televised.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-look-to-fan-flames-of-a

Yes, it is really refreshing watching home games now. It is packed with roaring fans, nothing like the old days where we were taken 
over by piss towel waiving scum and alike. Even on the road there is a lot more of the faithful thanks to Burrow, the Blackburns and 
what Zac and the coaches have done lately.

I have to think having the coolest helmets ever also helps. Cool
Reply/Quote
I'll tell you what's worse than a blackout. When the games are on Prime Video or Peacock. Have to pay to see the game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 12:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Did I just see a Bengals fan sincerely refer to the 90s as the good ol' days?

TBH, during the mid 90s i could find a ticket right before the game for $5 or $10. Then i'd just amble towards where my friends had their season ticket seats. There were always plenty of empty seats in the lower red. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 03:49 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'll tell you what's worse than a blackout. When the games are on Prime Video or Peacock. Have to pay to see the game.

Yeah, that is BS.

They need to change this crap. You shouldn't have to pay to see your team, especially a Playoff game. 

They should be all on the main channels on TV, I am sure this pissed off a lot of people these last Playoffs as this happened.

(04-04-2024, 11:57 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: TBH, during the mid 90s i could find a ticket right before the game for $5 or $10. Then i'd just amble towards where my friends had their season ticket seats. There were always plenty of empty seats in the lower red. 

Hyper inflation sucks today no question even if our team sucked back then, those prices are mind boggling today.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 03:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, that is BS.

They need to change this crap. You shouldn't have to pay to see your team, especially a Playoff game. 

They should be all on the main channels on TV, I am sure this pissed off a lot of people these last Playoffs as this happened.

Hyper inflation sucks today no question even if our team sucked back then, those prices are mind boggling today.

Alas this nonsense comes from the league - they are getting money from the streamers to broadcast games and promote the streamer. Seeing as all the streaming services are losing tons of money lately this is kinda funny. 
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 03:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, that is BS.

You can still see those prices today. The Panthers had tickets as low as $10-$15 this past season on Seatgeek and TIcketmaster. If a team really, really sucks, they will have really cheap tickets. Especially later in the season when it is cold. 
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 02:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup  Hilarious

Your post practically warrants a separate thread: "Things that sum up '90s Bengals football."
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 03:49 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'll tell you what's worse than a blackout. When the games are on Prime Video or Peacock. Have to pay to see the game.

I lived in Colorado for awhile and had to explain the concept of a blackout to work colleagues who were Broncos fans. They just didn't get it.
Reply/Quote
I wish we could go permanent change to the white tiger uniforms best uniforms out of any sport.
Reply/Quote