Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things I learned from watching the Thursday night NFL season opener
(09-06-2019, 09:23 AM)Destro Wrote: I saw that NFL practices are too soft and preseason counts in getting the team in sync. It'll be after week 3-4 before some teams show what they really are.

Yep, the more they cut down on practice, the more they don't play in preseason, the more the first month of regular season is gonna suck !

It matters 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 09:53 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bears took it another level, I don't think one starter on offense played even one snap.

Nagy was too cautious in preseason and it cost him a crucial home division win against a rival.

Our fans would asking for his head on a platter (if ML had done it) for old coach, but our new coach would get a ZT needs to learn or some other excuse for a poor coaching decision by majority of fans in this forum.

Marvin never did this, and ZT did not do it this year, so why even say this? 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:04 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Marvin never did this, and ZT did not do it this year, so why even say this? 

It is a message board where fans post opinions????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Wink
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 09:55 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yep, Trubisky is not as good as Dalton. But many pundits and our fans will trash our guy by propping up other QB's.

If Andy Dalton had been drafted by the Houston Texans or the Dallas Cowboys the sports media would be lavishing praise on him. However, he’s a Bengal...
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is a message board where fans post opinions????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Wink

Oh sure. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 09:53 AM)jj22 Wrote: I watch these games and I know I am a Dalton "lover", but all I can think about is how these QB's like Trubisky are somehow ranked higher than the 27th ranked qb in the league per pundits (Dalton).

Take away his rookie year every other year he played 16 games. Dalton has been a top 10 fantasy QB
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:12 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If Andy Dalton had been drafted by the Houston Texans or the Dallas Cowboys the sports media would be lavishing praise on him. However, he’s a Bengal...

Not if he was 0-4 in the playoffs, and had the same stats he has here they wouldn’t.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 09:53 AM)jj22 Wrote: I watch these games and I know I am a Dalton "lover", but all I can think about is how these QB's like Trubisky are somehow ranked higher than the 27th ranked qb in the league per pundits (Dalton).

Trubisky in 2018 95.4 rating

Dalton in 2018 89.6 rating

Why shouldn’t Trubisky be ranked ahead of Dalton atm?

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 09:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We should have taken Daniels over Price

Daniels was hot shit last night; EASILY the worst player on their line.

Got beaten for at least 1 sack (maybe 2), got 0 push in the run game and had a penalty, maybe (can't remember the result of the play in question; commentators said one player {Daniels}, refs said another, I think {Leno, I believe}).

Price never had as bad a game as Daniels last night and it wasn't like he was going up against Aaron Donald or whatever.

(09-06-2019, 09:50 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Interesting to see if anyone can give us his PFF rating.

I saw him get beat badly off the snap at least 3 times with one a tackle for loss on 3rd and short. He barely touched his man.

Indeed; NOT a stellar game.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:04 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep, the more they cut down on practice, the more they don't play in preseason, the more the first month of regular season is gonna suck !

It matters 

Oy so now it's like the pre season is 6-8 weeks.  Ouch. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:12 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If Andy Dalton had been drafted by the Houston Texans or the Dallas Cowboys the sports media would be lavishing praise on him.  However, he’s a Bengal...

If Dalton were drafted by the Texans he would have lost the starting job to TJ Yates.  That guy is just his kryptonite.
Reply/Quote
It looks to me like running the ball this year is going to be league wide problem, not just us.I'm sure there will be a few teams that will run it fine, but majority not so much.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 09:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We should have taken Daniels over Price

Why you say that?
Reply/Quote
Trubisky laid an egg, but the guy is up a creek since he's never going to live down being picked before Watson and Mahommes unless he really gets his act together.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Trubisky in 2018 95.4 rating

1 year only, why is that?

Career Trubisky is 86.3 and ranked worse than AD career

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TrubMi00.htm
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Trubisky in 2018 95.4 rating

Ryan Fitzpatrick in 2018 100.4 rating.

Tom Brady in 2018 97.7 rating.

You tell me.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:47 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 1 year only, why is that?

So rankings shouldn’t change year to year?

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:47 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 1 year only, why is that?

You could use the excuse that he was a rookie playing for John Fox and throwing to an injured/crappy WR corps, I guess.  At any rate, Trubisky's 95.4 last year is higher than 7 of Dalton's 8 years in the NFL with only the vaunted 2015 season being higher.  I'm not saying that I'd take Trubisky over Dalton in a heartbeat, but there are logical reasons to see why Dalton is below him for now.

It's hard to compare them because in this case using a median number rather than a mean/average might be more enlightening but Trubisky only has 2 seasons in the NFL which makes it difficult.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Ryan Fitzpatrick in 2018 100.4 rating.

Tom Brady in 2018 97.7 rating.

You tell me.

What I’ll tell you is that Fitzpatrick only started 7 games last year so it’s a stupid ***** comparison.

Reply/Quote
I learned the Packers used free agency to improve their defense. And it worked. Free agency who knew it would help a team out.
Reply/Quote