Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things I would tell the team before the game, if I am coach:
(11-18-2022, 11:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Since 1999?  Killing me Goose.  How about a relevant number, like, the most recent five years?  And it isn't that they never get flagged, but they literally do it every play, egregiously.  It is their MO.  I remember a guy made a vine of 17 BLATANT BEAR HUG FROM BEHIND holds against Cincy in a single game, and then showed one where Whit, of all people, barely yanked at a guy and was flagged. 

Sorry dude, no one got more calls than the devil's team, until the devil ran in to the corporate ESPN team, the Patriots.  

Was 13, from week 2 2016 and IIRC, all but 2 were on MJ.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I’d tell them one play at a time. If you miss a tackle make the next one. If you drop a pass catch the next one. If you miss a block pancake the next one. One play at a time and not everyone has to be TD.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 01:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Stomp a mud hole in their ass

.....and walk it back dry!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 11:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: 1.) If TWATT (great nickname...pronounced TWAT, all credit to Nate the Great, formerly Eliminate) doesn't rush, attack him and knock him on his ass the second he jumps to try and bat down (or pick) a pass.  

2.) Trent Taylor-  If you get the ball on ANYTHING.  A PR, a sweep, secure that F'n ball.  They know you fumble and will be throwing punches at it all day.

3.) Offensive line:  Hold over allow a direct shot.  The steelers aren't flagged for it, ever, so maybe the refs will get confused and not throw a flag on you either.

4.) Treat any pass that is not clearly a forward pass as a trick play.  Stay disciplined.  Omar Epps has beaten Cincy defenses with this more times than I can count.

5.) Attitude-  Come out of the tunnel and right from the first snap, treat them like you caught them screwing your wife, beating your kids, and stealing from your parents.  I want them to feel your hatred for the rest of the season and be terrified of playing you next year.  

That is all for me.  Care to add anything?  Oh, I should mention:  Be sure to wash very well after the game.  You don't want to catch anything.

The stoolers are no different than a mugging gang in Chicago.the play dirty and try to kill you,there is no way they are going to get beat at home.and Collings is going to get beat big time by watt.This line is super weak on the ends and they will probably knock Burrow out of the game by end of 1st quarter.The dirty coach of the stoolers will make them play very physical and hurt our players.That is what they do.We will get hammered by 2-3 scores. I am a 53 year fan and I say this because this is how I see it.Just my  opinion.We should have won the 1st game,Money Mac Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Reply/Quote
When I say go, you say fight
GO, FIGHT, GO, FIGHT
When I say win, you say tonight
Win, tonight, win, tonight
When I say boogie, you say down
Boogie, down, boogie, down
Go, Fight, Win, Tonight
Boogie on down. Alright, alright
Go Team! Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 04:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: When I say go, you say fight
GO, FIGHT, GO, FIGHT
When I say win, you say tonight
Win, tonight, win, tonight
When I say boogie, you say down
Boogie, down, boogie, down
Go, Fight, Win, Tonight
Boogie on down. Alright, alright
Go Team! Ninja

When I say smoke, you say dope

Smoke, .......

Oh sorry  Shocked
Reply/Quote
Bang bang choo choo train
Cʼmon Bengals win this game
Reeses Pieces Buttercup
Cʼmon boys, Letʼs kick some butt!  Who Dey

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 11:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: 1.) If TWATT (great nickname...pronounced TWAT, all credit to Nate the Great, formerly Eliminate) doesn't rush, attack him and knock him on his ass the second he jumps to try and bat down (or pick) a pass.  

THIS!  I imagine the back of his head bouncing off the ground a couple times will put a stop to that jumping real quick.  
That said, the Bengals should design plays to throw over the opposite side of the D-line.
Reply/Quote

2.) Trent Taylor-  If you get the ball on ANYTHING.  A PR, a sweep, secure that F'n ball.  They know you fumble and will be throwing punches at it all day.

3.) Offensive line:  Hold over allow a direct shot.  The steelers aren't flagged for it, ever, so maybe the refs will get confused and not throw a flag on you either.

4.) Treat any pass that is not clearly a forward pass as a trick play.  Stay disciplined.  Omar Epps has beaten Cincy defenses with this more times than I can count.

5.) Attitude-  Come out of the tunnel and right from the first snap, treat them like you caught them screwing your wife, beating your kids, and stealing from your parents.  I want them to feel your hatred for the rest of the season and be terrified of playing you next year.  

That is all for me.  Care to add anything?  Oh, I should mention:  Be sure to wash very well after the game.  You don't want to catch anything.
This is a superb post, but I would add this:

Combine the discipline of Andrew Whitworth with the ferocity of Vontaze Burfict.  
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 04:25 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: The stoolers are no different than a mugging gang in Chicago.the play dirty and try to kill you,there is no way they are going to get beat at home.and Collings is going to get beat big time by watt.This line is super weak on the ends and they will probably knock Burrow out of the game by end of 1st quarter.The dirty coach of the stoolers will make them play very physical and hurt our players.That is what they do.We will get hammered by 2-3 scores. I am a 53 year fan and I say this because this is how I see it.Just my  opinion.We should have won the 1st game,Money Mac Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

You do know the Bengals beat the steelers at their home last year by two scores, right?

Lack of optimism notwithstanding, I hate them as well and their constant assbaggery.  And I try not to use the word hate.  But there is no other word.  

I sure wish the Bengals would have Chase, but I disagree about Watt.   You will see a much different line and offense this time.  As one podcaster said (paraphrasing), Joe has figured out the many different Joes he may need to be a different times.  I have faith in him, the line coming together, Mixon continuing to roll, Tee having a huge game, and the defense.  

If it makes you feel any better, the steelers are dead last in the league in point differential:  Points scored vs. points allowed.  
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 04:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Bang bang choo choo train
Cʼmon Bengals win this game
Reeses Pieces Buttercup
Cʼmon boys, Letʼs kick some butt!  Who Dey

I will join in:

Go Bananas! 

Go Go, Bananas! 

Go Bananas!

Go Go Bananas!

Peel to the left, peel to the right, peel down the middle and (HEY PITT) take a bite!
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 12:52 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: You do know the Bengals beat the steelers at their home last year by two scores, right?

Lack of optimism notwithstanding, I hate them as well and their constant assbaggery.  And I try not to use the word hate.  But there is no other word.  

I sure wish the Bengals would have Chase, but I disagree about Watt.   You will see a much different line and offense this time.  As one podcaster said (paraphrasing), Joe has figured out the many different Joes he may need to be a different times.  I have faith in him, the line coming together, Mixon continuing to roll, Tee having a huge game, and the defense.  

If it makes you feel any better, the steelers are dead last in the league in point differential:  Points scored vs. points allowed.  

Yes their O has been awful. The only one maybe worse in the entire NFL has been the Broncos. If we can run the ball with some success and get out with a lead, force Pick-6-it to throw, we can win.
Reply/Quote
They beat the crap out of them twice last year. Took a pick six among five turnovers, a blocked PAT, and a bad snap on a FG attempt for Pitt to win in OT. Don’t shit the bed and you win.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Punch them in the mouth and establish we are the big dawg now.
We are inarguably the better team and baffle been for a bit.
ACT LIKE IT and dominate. Quit playing scared.

This team needs to come out of the tunnel ready and not wait for Q3
as they do at times. Drives me nuts.
Reply/Quote
If I tell you to punt it 70 yards, punt it 70 yards. If I tell you to make 60 yard FG, make 60 yard FG.
Reply/Quote

Rock On

Awesome thread brother. Thanks for the cred on the Twatt nickname lol

I will add, Mixon, hit those holes fast and run like you did against the Panthers. This is key for a blow out and for reaching 
into their chests and pulling out their still beating heart.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 01:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've seen it or one similar to it. And the point that goose is missing, yes they've been flagged for 400 whatever? holding penalties. But could have been called for 400 more. I remember a game when Geno was held up more than a liquor store in the hood. Jersey stretched out 3 feet and nothing from the refs.

Yes, and they also hold more against us than they do other teams and commit more penalties over all against us than other
teams and they only get called on them once in a blue moon. Sure, they get called for penalties because they are ALWAYS 
committing them and everyone can see it. It is just a lot of the refs are actually steeler fans so they don't care.

I have never understood rooting for a team that has to cheat to win, which is why I have no respect what so ever for any 
steeler fan.
Reply/Quote
Challenge the OL to have their best game of the year,and to play mean,fast,and nasty.Need to get off to a fast start.Throw on first down.

They saw what happened to Carolina before the bye week when Joe Mixon went off on them,scoring 4 Touchdowns.They’ll be keying in on Mixon.Don’t be too predictable.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2022, 08:13 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Challenge the OL to have their best game of the year, and to play mean, fast, and nasty. Need to get off to a fast start. Throw on first down.

They saw what happened to Carolina before the bye week when Joe Mixon went off on them, scoring 4 Touchdowns. They’ll be keying in on Mixon. Don’t be too predictable.

I could actually see Burrow having a monster game this time around cause of what you say here.

The bastids will do all that they can to stop the running game after the last game where we played the Panthers and what we did.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2022, 11:28 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Touching on the bolded, this is another thing that seems true but isn't anywhere close to being true. Hell, as I sit here and think about it, I struggle to remember many holding calls against the Steelers as well. However, since 1999, they have received the 7th most penalties in the league for offensive holding with 490. 

Overall, the focus should be on Watt. He is truly a HoF caliber pass rusher and can wreck an entire game by himself. Stay balanced and patient. Secure the ball. Don't get greedy down the field. Cincinnati is the better team here. 

Is 1999 how far back they track the penalties? I just find it interesting that you went back that far (before some teams even existed), because the last 10 seasons they've been...

6-t 17th (only 10 teams with less)
2-t 24th
7-t 10th
2-t 25th
3-t 17th
2-t 12th
4-t 10th
2-t 23rd
32nd
5-t 15th

They just blatantly hold more than anyone else, and aren't penalized anywhere near the proper amount. Much like the Legion of Boom and DPI/Illegal Contact/D Holding, they know if they do it every single play the refs won't call it every single play and it'll just become the norm and their "style" of football.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote