Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things Trump says...
(09-15-2017, 03:04 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Our president, who always waits for the facts, quickly responded to the terrorism in London today, calling the terrorists "losers" and used it as an example of why we need a strong travel ban.

Pat, it's important people know there are bad dudes on both sides.
So the POTUS has spent the morning (last two hours) retweeting his own posts and then anything that shows him in a good light: Photoshops, a story about his "worth to twitter"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

He's getting flack (surprise) for a video that show him hitting a golf ball into the back of Hillary Clinton and her falling down.

Guess he needs some attention after not saying much during the hurricanes.  Smirk

He did have a one new "thought" though:

"rocket man"

Yeah, Trump is really a serious leader.  Really gets the gravity of the situation.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/powmia-recognition-day-awkward-one-trump

Quote:The White House issued a proclamation this week that, under normal circumstances, would’ve been quite routine. Today is National POW/MIA Recognition Day, and Donald Trump formally honored the day in writing, just as other modern presidents have done. From the statement:

Quote:“It is our sacred obligation to pay tribute to the thousands of men and women of our Armed Forces who have been imprisoned while serving in conflicts and who have yet to return to American soil. We reflect on the brave Americans who, while guarding our freedom and our way of life, spent years of their youth imprisoned in distant lands. They paid an enormous price and remained dedicated to our sacred principles, even while under extreme duress. […]
“As Commander in Chief, it is my solemn duty to keep all Americans safe. I will never forget our heroes held prisoner or who have gone missing in action while serving their country.”

What’s wrong with this? At face value, nothing. It’s exactly the kind of proclamation we’d expect to see from any president on National POW/MIA Recognition Day.

But then we’re reminded of the disconnect between the message and the messenger. During the campaign, Donald Trump became one of the few prominent Americans to ever disparage John McCain’s military service, telling an Iowa audience in reference to the Arizona Republican, “He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured, okay?”

Given a chance to apologize, Trump refused.

So on the one hand, the president “will never forget our heroes held prisoner,” and on the other hand, we know – because he told us – that Trump doesn’t really think they’re heroes, and he prefers people who “weren’t captured.”

This isn’t the first time Trump has run into this kind of problem. In early April, he issued a proclamation recognizing National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month, which is inherently problematic given Trump’s record on the issue. He honored World Autism Day, which only brought to mind the ridiculous things Trump has said about autism and vaccines.

As we discussed several months ago, this isn’t a dynamic that will simply go away. If Trump honors those with physical disabilities, we’ll be reminded of his mockery of Serge Kovaleski. If the president recognizes Hispanic Heritage Month, we’ll think of his racist attacks against a Latino judge. If he honors Gold Star parents, we’ll be reminded of his unfortunate remarks about the Khan family.

The president has a weight he’ll drag with him for the remainder of his term: his own record.
(09-17-2017, 11:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: So the POTUS has spent the morning (last two hours) retweeting his own posts and then anything that shows him in a good light: Photoshops, a story about his "worth to twitter"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

He's getting flack (surprise) for a video that show him hitting a golf ball into the back of Hillary Clinton and her falling down.

Guess he needs some attention after not saying much during the hurricanes.  Smirk

He did have a one new "thought" though:

"rocket man"

Yeah, Trump is really a serious leader.  Really gets the gravity of the situation.   Mellow

Well, first, wtf.
Second, I'd need a translation again. What does he mean with "long gas lines forming"? Like North Koreans in their cars standing in line at gas stations? Because sanctions? I didn't find any less absurd explanation, but maybe I oversee something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-18-2017, 04:33 AM)hollodero Wrote: Well, first, wtf.
Second, I'd need a translation again. What does he mean with "long gas lines forming"? Like North Koreans in their cars standing in line at gas stations? Because sanctions? I didn't find any less absurd explanation, but maybe I oversee something.

Since when does bicycles use gas?
I thought that video of Drumph hitting Hillary with that golf ball was funny. Retweeting it however was not very presidential.
Not even a day after speaking to the UN.

Thin skinned child.

And people really believe he can lead?
(09-23-2017, 10:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: Thin skinned child.

And people really believe he can lead?

Championship teams going to the White House like the president is some sort of King is a joke anyway.

The president is a manager. That is all.
(09-23-2017, 12:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Championship teams going to the White House like the president is some sort of King is a joke anyway.  

The president is a manager.    That is all.

Yet that's not what your boy said.  He was just ticked off because one guy hadn't made decision yet.

He's a bad manager too!

Cool
[Image: image.jpg]
I don't think any tweet from the Trump has ever summed up his personality and mindset than this one.

"great anger".

That should be the campaign slogan for 2020.
Actually this one is "Thing Trump supporters say".

A very good friend and Super Trump supporter posted this tonight:

[Image: jeff.jpg]

Uh....didn't Trump go there and campaign for Strange? 

Wouldn't that be Trump's boy?

Oh wait...Trump said Strange didn't even know McConnell.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-alabama-senate-runoff-20170922-story.html

Quote:President Donald Trump implored his supporters Friday to get behind an establishment-backed incumbent in a Republican runoff race in Alabama, arguing that Sen. Luther Strange will "drain the swamp" and doesn't know the Senate Majority Leader "at all."

Despite Trump's endorsement and heavy spending by a super political action committee tied to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Strange remains locked in a tight race against former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore, a jurist known for opposing gay marriage and pushing unsuccessfully for the public display of the Ten Commandments. The runoff vote will be held Tuesday.

Trump said Strange had wrongly been branded an establishment insider, saying people have unfairly claimed Strange is "friendly with Mitch." Trump called that a "bum rap."

The amount of twisting one has to do to slam someone in order to support Trump is amazing.
Whoops.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/27/us/politics/trump-deletes-tweets.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Quote:After enthusiastically endorsing an Alabama senator’s campaign for re-election, President Trump distanced himself on Tuesday night from the candidate’s loss in the most Trumpian way possible: He deleted his supportive tweets.

Hours after Senator Luther Strange, a Republican from Alabama, lost in Tuesday’s primary runoff, Mr. Trump excised at least three favorable Twitter posts, including one sent Tuesday morning. In that tweet, posted as the polls in Alabama opened, the president boasted that Mr. Strange “has been shooting up in the Alabama polls since my endorsement.”

Mr. Strange, who was appointed to the Senate early this year after Jeff Sessions vacated his seat to become attorney general under Mr. Trump, conceded on Tuesday night to Roy S. Moore, a former Alabama Supreme Court justice whose candidacy was opposed by leading establishment Republicans.

The deleted tweets were archived by ProPublica, a nonprofit journalism website, but are no longer public on Twitter, feeding into an intriguing legal debate about whether Mr. Trump is breaking the law when he expunges his tweets.

Mr. Trump and Vice President Mike Pence visited Alabama on Friday to attend a rally for Mr. Strange. The closely watched campaign was seen by many as a barometer of Mr. Trump’s political sway. Mr. Strange was the first candidate endorsed by the president to lose an election since Mr. Trump took office.

Around the same time the president was deleting tweets about Mr. Strange, he also deleted a tweet congratulating Mr. Moore on his victory. 

He later reposted that message.

It is unclear why the president chose to delete the tweets he did. Several tweets endorsing Mr. Strange, whom the president often called “Big Luther,” but which were sent in the weeks before Mr. Trump’s visit to Alabama, remain public.

At a rally for Mr. Strange in Alabama on Friday, Mr. Trump openly wondered whether it was a mistake to campaign for the senator, given his flagging poll numbers.

Even after getting elected president, Mr. Trump has maintained personal control of his Twitter account. He has used his posts to skewer opponents, respond to critics and, he says, to communicate directly to voters without the filter of the news media.

“Twitter is a wonderful thing for me, because I get the word out,” he said in a March interview with Fox News. “I might not be here talking to you right now as president if I didn’t have an honest way of getting the word out.”

But if the president’s tweets are the Digital Age version of quips at the Rose Garden podium, what then are we to make of the deletions?

The president regularly deletes tweets with typos and misspellings. Less frequently, but not unheard-of, are erasures that pertain to more significant topics. In March, he posted and deleted a tweet that read: “Meeting with Generals at Mar-a-Lago in Florida. Very interesting!”

At least two government watchdog groups, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington and the National Security Archive, believe that when Mr. Trump deletes a tweet he may be breaking the law.

The groups filed a lawsuit in June against Mr. Trump and the Executive Office of the President, claiming that deleting social media posts violates the Presidential Records Act, a law that requires presidential communications to be archived. The groups are also suing to require White House staff members to archive material sent through encrypted messaging apps, such as WhatsApp and Signal.
(09-27-2017, 08:00 AM)GMDino Wrote: Whoops.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/27/us/politics/trump-deletes-tweets.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Roy Moore will likely be a US senator now. Was backed by the Breitbart crowd. Lost his job as a judge twice. As of two years, his position was that being gay should be illegal in the US. Crazy man.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-27-2017, 08:14 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Roy Moore will likely be a US senator now. Was backed by the Breitbart crowd. Lost his job as a judge twice. As of two years, his position was that being gay should be illegal in the US. Crazy man.

Neither was a good choice.  But that's Alabama!  They aren't near dead last in education for no reason!
POTUS now an advertising arm of FOX News

[Image: trumpad.jpg]

This is quite a statement

https://www.facebook.com/NowThisPolitics/videos/1723094954388654/

The laughing stock of the world.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Quote:This Sunday afternoon, President Trump dedicated the trophy for the Presidents Cup golf tournament to the victims of Hurricane Maria.

“On behalf of all of the people of Texas, and all of the people—if you look today and see what is happening, how horrible it is but we have it under really great control—Puerto Rico and the people of Florida who have really suffered over this last short period of time with the hurricanes, I want to just remember them,” Trump said at the Liberty National Golf Club in Jersey City. “And we’re going to dedicate this trophy to all of those people that went through so much that we love—a part of our great state, really part of our great nation.”

http://deadstate.org/trump-dedicates-golf-tournament-trophy-to-puerto-ricos-hurricane-victims/