Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Things Zac Taylor knew
(11-23-2020, 12:47 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You can't get "mad" when a product fails to live up to your expectations?
That's not what I said. I said getting mad at not doing things the way YOU want them done. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:04 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Like I said, I understand the argument that it might not be the best strategy, but people are literally saying they're upset at Zac doing whatever it takes to win. 

4-21-1....

If that is what we get when he is doing whatever it takes to win i would hate to see our record when he is not trying 100%!
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 01:22 PM)sonofstat Wrote:  4-21-1....

If that is what we get when he is doing whatever it takes to win i would hate to see our record when he is not trying 100%!

No doubt. LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 09:55 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Zac Taylor knew that Burrow leads the league in QB hits.

Zac Taylor knew that Burrow is second in the NFL in sacks taken.

Zac Taylor knew that Washington has one of the more dangerous pass rushes in the NFL.

Zac Taylor knew that Burrow had thrown the ball more than any other QB, save for 1 or 2 (he currently leads the league but Brady was on bye this week).

Zac Taylor knew that Burrow had just tweaked his ankle against Pittsburgh because he was being harassed by the defensive players.

Zac Taylor knew that, all season, Burrow has not been getting the calls for roughing the passer and unnecessary roughness. This has been evident throughout the season, even with Burrow commenting on it against Philly in his mic'd up session.

Zac Taylor knew that not running the ball at all, even when you're in a tight game or leading, allows pass rushers to pin their ears back.

Zac Taylor knew that defensive players pride themselves on "teaching the rookies."

Zac Taylor knew that this offensive line was not NFL ready (or at least he should have known, since he was the one coaching them.)

Zac Taylor knows the game of football.

Let's not pretend for one second that Zac Taylor did not have an inkling that this may happen when you throw a rookie QB into the fray with an awful offensive line, ask him to throw it 40+ times a game and be the savior to your coaching career, which to this point had been one of the most putrid in NFL history.

Just fire him. We don't need ZT to be awful. We can do that on our own. At least get a head coach that respects his players and attempts to protect them.

I don't think he knows much of anything at all. He's rather clueless.

Further, the cleverness of the receiver routes seem to be one of the most important things to Taylor. He loves calling clever, unexpected plays, except it's to the point where the obvious action to take is completely missed.

He should be fired. He should have been fired after last season, then again earlier this season. But no, he's still here.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 10:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If Taylor had stuck with an ineffective running game when throwing the ball was the only thing that gave us a chance to win you would have been calling for him to get fired for that also.

Everyone here loved that fact that our offense kept us in these close games. And Burrow was the reason our offense gave us a chance. If Taylor had shut down the passing games your heads would have exploded.

There’s definitely some truth to this... up until we were virtually eliminated from playoff contention by the Steelers due to Zac’s poor coaching. We all wanted to see a better game plan for that game and wanted to run the ball more. Take a guess what Zac’s game plan against Washington was? Did we even run the ball 10 times before Burrow went down?

Zero protection on our investment. The passing game was working. In a lost season I’d rather them focus on bettering every other facet of our game to build a more complete team. Instead Zac puts Burrow at risk trying to save his own job. I have no more patience for his ineptitude.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote