Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things i want to see offensively vs the Colts.
There's really only one thing I want to see this week 1.  A dominate Offensive line.  I want to see Andy's jersey kept clean.  I want that O-line to control the LOS all game log. EVERYTHING after that will fall into place.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
1. A WIN
2. MUCH BETTER BLOCKING

Last season Colts dominated Bengals O Line and clobbered Dalton about every play. One D player for Colts was in Bengals backfield all game and was a Monster. We can't have that in 2018. The Blocking MUST improve. The #1 goal from Pee Wee to NFL is Protect The Quarterback. The Bengals never did that in 2017. That Bengals won 7 games is only because Dalton is tough as nails, but he must get better blocking. With blocking, Dalton often gets Bengals to Play-Offs. I do not want to see Colts Defense all over Dalton all game. These blockers get paid to protect Dalton, so step up and earn their paychecks. As Knute Rockne said, Fans love the passers, runners, receivers and they are important, but Championship Football is built on Blocking, Tackling and Team Work.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Very few mistakes.

Then what everyone else above and below are saying.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 02:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I want to see some evidence that last year's 32nd ranked offense was all on Zampese.

This, and I'd like to see them actually score points in the SECOND HALF!!
Reply/Quote
A successful rushing attack.

Do not get me wrong, want to see plenty of passing as well. In fact want a balanced attack.

But we have got to be able to run the ball.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I want to see TDs once in the red zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I am looking forward to the new offensive line technique where we attack instead of retreating. It's tough to pass block when your first move is a backpedal which led to Cook and others being bull rushed every play and landing in Dalton's lap. Dalton had the most time to throw since he's been here this preseason. So yeah, I am looking forward to seeing Price not get pushed into the Dalton every other play. I think this will allow them to create creases for Mixon to explode through.

The key to this season is Mixon, but 2nd would be Ross as he can take all the coverage away from AJ. Defensive coordinators have to be hating game planning. I dare you to shade AJ with a deep safety every play.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 10:40 PM)impactplaya Wrote: 1. Uptempo no huddle offense. all we heard months ago was a faster offense based on Chip Kellys approach.

2. Empty backfield more than once on 1st down.attack the Colts in their base defense

3. Andy not forcing the ball to AJ on 3rd down.
he has Malone Eifert Ross Boyd now.
if AJ is doubled logic dictates somebody is open.

4. move the chains any way you can.dont be obsessed with 50-50 run pass ratio like in the past.

5. 4th and 1 across midfield ....go for it.Im tired of field goals.

(09-03-2018, 10:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 1. Feed AJ the ball, at least 15 targets , get the best player the ball.
2. More read option plays
3. Play field position, dont short side the field,
4. Two back sets with gio and Joe
5. Deep ball at least 4 in the game

This is too funny to not point out.  One guy doesn't want up to force the ball to AJ, then other wants our best player to get the ball.  If AJ is doubled all game, then he can't be fed.  You have to decide what you want.

What I want to see is OLine blocking.  After that, I want to see WRs beat one on one and I want to see them make contested catches.  I also want to see us protect the football.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 06:15 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: This is too funny to not point out.  One guy doesn't want up to force the ball to AJ, then other wants our best player to get the ball.  If AJ is doubled all game, then he can't be fed.  You have to decide what you want.

What I want to see is OLine blocking.  After that, I want to see WRs beat one on one and I want to see them make contested catches.  I also want to see us protect the football.
 I disagree.. AJ is a top 5 to 6 WR in the league over the last 4 years and he he does not get enough targets ..  Brown, Jones, Landry etc all get double teamed but have more target than AJ.

I took out 2016 since he was hurt for a good portion of the year.. 2017 9th  2015 16th  2014  25th .. feed the best player the ball is what i say.. it is not about forcing it to him.. it is about game planning to feed him the ball.. who remembers in the playoffs when we did not hardly throw his way in a 1st half... the more times we can get him the ball, the greater chance we have of making a big play even if it is a quick out. a reverse.. etc
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 08:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  I disagree.. AJ is a top 5 to 6 WR in the league over the last 4 years and he he does not get enough targets ..  Brown, Jones, Landry etc all get double teamed but have more target than AJ.

I took out 2016 since he was hurt for a good portion of the year.. 2017 9th  2015 16th  2014  25th .. feed the best player the ball is what i say.. it is not about forcing it to him.. it is about game planning to feed him the ball.. who remembers in the playoffs when we did not hardly throw his way in a 1st half... the more times we can get him the ball, the greater chance we have of making a big play even if it is a quick out. a reverse.. etc

I remember that game, I also know we had a chance to win that game but AJ was either overthrown or didn't get to his spot but he didn't.   Also the reason he wasn't targeted in that game earlier was because our game plan was to utilize our TE (Gresham) and attack the Texans where they were weakest.  Green was well covered. 

In the 2nd half the adjustments were made to get Green open a little more, but he still was pretty well covered.

I don't deny that AJ is a top talent at WR.  That wasn't my point. 

MY point was how we have 2 different fans wanting 2 different things for this team and the situation that places on the coaches as well as the QB.  If thrown to Green and it is incomplete or INT, then some fans will complain about Dalton fixating on Green to much.  If not thrown to Green, then some fans will complain about not throwing to our best player.  Add the next level of that which is that even if they are completed then the credit only goes to Green and none goes to Dalton which allows people to further criticize Dalton when he does actually make a mistake.

I am having this debate in BFine's Top Tier QB, so I won't derail this thread hashing over this same argument.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 02:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I want to see some evidence that last year's 32nd ranked offense was all on Zampese.

And no offensive line.  And only one WR that was getting separation.  And folks in Marv's dog house (Ross, Boyd).  And folks like Eifert and Ross not being healthy.

But Zampese was definitely a part of it.  
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 04:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: A successful rushing attack.

Do not get me wrong, want to see plenty of passing as well. In fact want a balanced attack.

But we have got to be able to run the ball.

Agree. If the run is simply crappy, we still have to continue working on it or it doesn’t improve. With the receiving weapons we have, we are definitely going to see plenty of air time. However, that run game still needs work.

Reply/Quote
Now that it's the regular season, just win, I don't care how.
Reply/Quote
I'd be happy to see even the smallest amount of evidence that Marv now believes in-game adjustments are a very real part of the game
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 07:17 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agree. If the run is simply crappy, we still have to continue working on it or it doesn’t improve. With the receiving weapons we have, we are definitely going to see plenty of air time. However, that run game still needs work.

Here's what I DON'T want to see ... 

1st down ... run for no gain

2nd down ... run for 2 yards

3rd down ... pass for 5 yards

4th down ... punt

Repeat
Reply/Quote