Thread Rating:
  • 29 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Coaching props and rants!
(09-16-2021, 10:34 AM)3wt Wrote: Yeah, the 4th and 1 on our 30 was definitely ill advised.   But I liked the aggressive play calling philosophy overall.  No coach gets all the calls right.  Belichick has had a few highly questionable calls in the prime of his career.

I think Zach would like that one back, but all in all I agree with the OP that good coaching was more evident than it has been.   Other than the one definite gaff I was mostly really encouraged - on both sides of the ball.

We'll see.  Teams have all training camp to game plan for the first game.   Lot of football to be played.  Hopefully the coaches will continue to grow!

I agree that the one gaff stands out. Overall the team was well prepared and played well. 3rd down is an area they need to improve though. And as I said, when our offense attacks the defense, we score TDs. When we’re passive, we don’t move the ball as well. Keep attacking!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 10:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm no ZT fan, that's no secret. And the going for it on 4th down from our own 30 up by 14 in a game we were in control of = dumbass call.

Having said that there were several good things in the game which have been covered that you can kinda hang your hat on.

I still have very little faith Zac is the answer down the road. But I'm willing to shut up and see what happens over next few games.

Yep... That's all we can do. He tried to give that game away, but all in all, a win is a win. Now do it again.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Things that are Zacs fault....

Burrow on pace to get sacked 78 times this year.
Reply/Quote
The teams struggles is on everyone else but him, his play calling is putrid, he knows if he hands the play calling duties over to Callahan his job is pretty much done for.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Calling out his defense after they played a great game…

Reply/Quote
Hey luo still doing well at least
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:20 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hey luo still doing well at least

See? Sometimes giving an inexperienced guy a shot at a new position can work out.

Sometimes (see Taylor, Zac) it doesn't.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Defense was put in some very bad positions by the offense, and actually did pretty well again. There were a few penalties, but again, less than we've seen vs the last few years. I didn't really see any boneheaded decisions overall from the staff yesterday. Wilson made a bad play on a kickoff, Tee fumbled away a promising drive, and Burrow had the worst game of his young career. Where we were lacking, again, was blocking assignments by the RBs/WRs (Chase whiffed badly on a run play), and this all needs cleaned up quickly. The Bears front is no joke. I think they were a little conservative, but yet again, they didn't abandon the run. Honestly, without the four turnovers, I think we win yesterday.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'll have to wait until season's end before giving any props to Boy Wonder.

That is unless he somehow hits 9 wins or 9 loses before the end of the season, in which case I'll either be giving him props or a get the hell out of town message.

Alas, I don't see the 9 wins actually materializing, at least not in one season anyways.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:58 AM)PhilHos Wrote: See? Sometimes giving an inexperienced guy a shot at a new position can work out.

Sometimes (see Taylor, Zac) it doesn't.

I'd like to see Anarumo's defense through the whole season before I consider him "working out."
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The best thing that can happen for us is for us to lose and ZT to get fired. Ho0efully Tobin goes too.

We'll continue to be last until that happens.
Reply/Quote
Coaches gaining experience being bosses yes, but very likely new players coming from better coached teams that likely have better discipline and/or just we got better players.
Reply/Quote
For all his faults (and there are many), Zac Taylor can beat those punks up the Ohio. Major props for that.

Reply/Quote
Making Stealers fans cry like the little bitches they are Cry
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Zac called a way better game today.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 05:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For all his faults (and there are many), Zac Taylor can beat those punks up the Ohio. Major props for that.

First win in Shitsburgh in 6 years. 

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 06:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd like to see Anarumo's defense through the whole season before I consider him "working out."

Same, but three weeks in, and so far, they have made good on their promise to bottle up the run. Three straight good backs, and they have shut them down. Without the four turnovers last week, I think we're 3-0.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 01:00 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Coaches gaining experience being bosses yes, but very likely new players coming from better coached teams that likely have better discipline and/or just we got better players.

Yes, they've flipped the roster. 

Reply/Quote
Funny Taylor took flake for last week playing calling but I pointed out, we did move the ball but did not finish in 1st half and 2nd half, we had 4 turnovers.. today we really attempted one or two deep passes but again were effective between the one of defense on offense and had 1 turnover and ran the ball enough.. and we win
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 05:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For all his faults (and there are many), Zac Taylor can beat those punks up the Ohio. Major props for that.

Yeah. I'm gonna get off his nuts for the stuff that happened late today. He's never had a team with this much talent and potential. Maybe...maybe he just needs to learn(grow) to coach a team like this...  (no ninja)

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote