Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things were so bad with Ross
Bengals considered a move to CB.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/11/bengals-considered-giving-john-ross-reps-at-cornerback/

Not sure how Ross recovers from this abysmal rookie year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
LOL

If that doesn't reek of a "genius" Mike Brown idea
Reply/Quote
Maybe he was going to pretend to be Deion Sanders on the practice squad much like Aarmon Binns pretended to be Larry Fitzgerald. Oh John Ross, you're the disappointment that just keeps on disappointing*

*subject to change without notice
Reply/Quote
Anyone else see Redmond at DT?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
He must look terrible in practice.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 02:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: Bengals considered a move to CB.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/11/bengals-considered-giving-john-ross-reps-at-cornerback/

Not sure how Ross recovers from this abysmal rookie year.

Easy,

Get an offensive coordinator that can use him, Mixon, Green, Eifert etc.

I get sick of seeing all these other teams "exploit" matchups.  We can't even get any of that done.
Reply/Quote
Man, if Ross ends up being a complete bust, then I was dead wrong about him.
But I still want to hold out hope that this coaching staff is at least somewhat inept.

EDIT - This might also be the reason that Ross decided to reveal his injuries the same day Marvin Lewis said he would be active for games. Perhaps he didn't want to have to worry about a position change.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This was a joke from Marvin Lewis. They were asking him about the beat up secondary after asking him why Ross still isn't on the field...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
So this would've made the fourth injured CB we've taken in the 1st round over the last five years. Neato!
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 03:20 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Easy,

I get sick of seeing all these other teams "exploit" matchups.  We can't even get any of that done.

As bad as Marvin and Mr. Laser Beam are, I'm not sure completely rearranging the coaching staff because they can't get a guy who is out of shape, doesn't know the playbook, has 2 bad knees and 2 bad shoulders on the field is the kind of move a smart franchise would make.

But there is always next year.  I'm not saying Ross is a bust, but as some point we have to say he was a total waste of a pick as far as 2017 went.  Maybe they took him assuming he wouldn't do a damn thing this year, but I doubt it.

(12-11-2017, 03:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: EDIT - This might also be the reason that Ross decided to reveal his injuries the same day Marvin Lewis said he would be active for games. Perhaps he didn't want to have to worry about a position change.

Hmm, does "on the bench" to "not on the bench" count as a position change?  If so, I'd say Ross is terrified of position changes.
Reply/Quote
You all need to do some research.

This came from a presser where Lewis was laughing about Ross taking snaps at CB because they had so many injuries in the secondary.

The John Ross fiasco is yet another example of Lewis utter incompetence though.
:andy:
Reply/Quote
I've been trying to hold out hope for the guy and still have some.

But he keeps leaning a little harder all the time towards a total bust !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 03:20 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Easy,

Ross has to fix Ross First... He has to learn the playbook.. Get and Stay Healthy and practice well to contribute... If he cant do those things I don't want him on the field regaurdless of who is coaching.
Reply/Quote
Lmfao, smh and omg.... lol. Because of lack of toughness? I can see RBs steamrolling over him now. Maybe the teams that drafted ahead of our bungled team had scouts? What a joke.
Reply/Quote
The Ross situation reminds me of Nelson Agholor.

Quick fast and solid route runner coming out of college, but came from a simple spread offense so it took him a while to really get going in the NFL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 03:54 PM)Synric Wrote: The Ross situation reminds me of Nelson Agholor.

Quick fast and solid route runner coming out of college, but came from a simple spread offense so it took him a while to really get going in the NFL.

Add on a history of injuries for Ross and my guess is that your assessment is accurate.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 03:54 PM)Synric Wrote: The Ross situation reminds me of Nelson Agholor.

And not to mention Agholor has really started to blossom under Pederson compared to Kelly, who was the coach who drafted him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 02:52 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: LOL

If that doesn't reek of a "genius" Mike Brown idea

Yeah..... cuz who ever heard of a college receiver switching to corner in the NFL.....(Richard Sherman) Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
We need a tell all book. This is seriously one of the more perplexing things that this team has gone through in awhile.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 03:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He must look terrible in practice.

I guess we didnt scout the guy at all. We just went entirely off of his 40 time. 

What an absolute joke. I wonder if the pick came from the top (very top) or if Marvin wanted the guy. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote