Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think About The Greatest LB Of All Time...
Lawrence Taylor
Dick Butkus
Ray Lewis
Mike Singletary
Ray Nitschke
Jack Lambert

What do these guys have in common? They would torment the offense and instill fear and intimidation on their opponents. Its funny because in the past these guys were lauded for their fierceness and tenacity. Along comes Burfict, he's young in his career but he has the qualities of these guys and what do we hear? He needs mental counseling, he's dirty, he plays to hard and hurts players.

Get the candy out of your ass in 2016 NFL. I for one am delighted Burfict gets in the opposing teams heads. Make them think twice about the crossing route. We've been dreaming of a LB like him for years. We have one now.

I know what happened Saturday really sucked and am still upset over it, but lets not forget if it wasn't for Burfict we would've never even made a run to begin with. After taking Ben out with that big hit, the game changed. We got fired up and they disappeared in the 4th quarter.

I hope we are the ones in 2016 that offenses in the NFL fear us. Call us dirty, cheap, anything you want. I just hope we are the ones getting into the opposing teams heads for a change.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 11:39 AM)GodFather Wrote: Lawrence Taylor
Dick Butkus
Ray Lewis
Mike Singletary
Ray Nitschke
Jack Lambert

What do these guys have in common? They would torment the offense and instill fear and intimidation on their opponents. Its funny because in the past these guys were lauded for their fierceness and tenacity. Along comes Burfict, he's young in his career but he has the qualities of these guys and what do we hear? He needs mental counseling, he's dirty, he plays to hard and hurts players.

Get the candy out of your ass in 2016 NFL. I for one am delighted Burfict gets in the opposing teams heads. Make them think twice about the crossing route. We've been dreaming of a LB like him for years. We have one now.

I know what happened Saturday really sucked and am still upset over it, but lets not forget if it wasn't for Burfict we would've never even made a run to begin with. After taking Ben out with that big hit, the game changed. We got fired up and they disappeared in the 4th quarter.

I hope we are the ones in 2016 that offenses in the NFL fear us. Call us dirty, cheap, anything you want. I just hope we are the ones getting into the opposing teams heads for a change.

If these players would play today's game they would be broke,called dirty, and banned for half their career.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 11:42 AM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: If these players would play today's game they would be broke,called dirty, and banned for half their career.

Yep.  Burfict is old school in a new world.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Without a doubt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 11:39 AM)GodFather Wrote: Lawrence Taylor
Dick Butkus
Ray Lewis
Mike Singletary
Ray Nitschke
Jack Lambert

Just had this conversation with a buddy the other day.  While having a reputation for twisting guys ankles isn't okay, I'm 100% okay with this team developing a hard nosed - don't even think about crossing the middle of the field type of reputation.  
Reply/Quote
I agree wholeheartedly. We have the nastiest player in the NFL and I love it.

Reply/Quote
I still think he can be a badass without crossing the line into being a schmuck... Tweaking nads, twisting ankles, and getting in faces after the whistle isn't what makes him great. It makes him sloppy. Cut that out, and he is still awesome.
Reply/Quote
Getting in faces is part of intimidation. Ask the other players to have stopped that, they surely couldn't have. It's part of their game, your problem is with the rules, not with Burfict. It's a pansy sports world we live in. Remember all the shit talking Jordan's world had. It's part of the damn game. Curry can't even be touched now.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:32 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Getting in faces is part of intimidation. Ask the other players to have stopped that, they surely couldn't have. It's part of their game, your problem is with the rules, not with Burfict. It's a pansy sports world we live in. Remember all the shit talking Jordan's world had. It's part of the damn game. Curry can't even be touched now.

I don't buy it. Kick the other guy's ass and let him flap his gums... Kirkpatrick squawked like crazy this year, but it didn't intimidate anyone. It didn't make him badass, either.

It's the deed, not the talking about the deed that defines tough guys.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:30 PM)gobobro Wrote: I still think he can be a badass without crossing the line into being a schmuck... Tweaking nads, twisting ankles, and getting in faces after the whistle isn't what makes him great. It makes him sloppy. Cut that out, and he is still awesome.

1000% agree with this.  All of the players listed by the OP played in different eras so it truly does not matter what they were known for. Their antics would not be accepted in today's NFL, and that is the game Burfict plays.

He can be a great player without constantly crossing the line.  Someone needs to get through his head where that line is because each time he crosses it he hurts this team.  How many other times during the game was his involved in scuffles?  How many times was he taunting either players or the entire sideline?  Now there are reports that he spat on players... I sincerely hope that is not the case, and there is no video evidence of it.  Because if there is, he is probably looking at a lot more than three games.
Reply/Quote
I think he's a great player. if he becomes a legend... is all up to him, to be honest. He has the talent, and I think he has the football smarts. The question is does he have the situational awareness and control? Those are what he needs to develop. He gets those... I don't think "best all time" but definitely the best LB in the game right now is his potential.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers fans ignored Porter and Harrison's nastiness for a decade. Seems reasonable that Bengals fans can ignore a little nastiness from Vontaze for a short time, especially when they play the Steelers.

BTW- Vontaze single-handedly took out the Steelers three best players this season: Ben, Bell and Brown.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:14 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: The Steelers fans ignored Porter and Harrison's nastiness for a decade. Seems reasonable that Bengals fans can ignore a little nastiness from Vontaze for a short time, especially when they play the Steelers.

BTW- Vontaze single-handedly took out the Steelers three best players this season: Ben, Bell and Brown.

Good Post Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One of the best skills is being able to do all of that WITHOUT hurting your team. I'm not even talking about the Brown hit. Burfict got numerous other very stupid late hit or unsportsmanlike penalties that are simply brain dead decisions. They had nothing to do with intensity or intimidation.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:21 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: One of the best skills is being able to do all of that WITHOUT hurting your team.  I'm not even talking about the Brown hit.  Burfict got numerous other very stupid late hit or unsportsmanlike penalties that are simply brain dead decisions.  They had nothing to do with intensity or intimidation.

Absolutely.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:21 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: One of the best skills is being able to do all of that WITHOUT hurting your team.  I'm not even talking about the Brown hit.  Burfict got numerous other very stupid late hit or unsportsmanlike penalties that are simply brain dead decisions.  They had nothing to do with intensity or intimidation.

I think he can turn it around. between the Brown hit and him probably realizing he got away with running that interception to the locker room (which combined with the Hill fumble would have been as disastrous as those PF called on the penultimate play), he hopefully realizes how serious that stuff is.

If he does, then we'll have likely the best LB in the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:14 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: The Steelers fans ignored Porter and Harrison's nastiness for a decade. Seems reasonable that Bengals fans can ignore a little nastiness from Vontaze for a short time, especially when they play the Steelers.

pretty hilarious to think about how much that organization and their fans must hate him/the bengals right now. Even though they won Saturday, they certainly must feel defeated. 

Reply/Quote
I posted this once already, but you are leaving out, one of the most notorious, scariest, and ferocious defenders of all time! He's not a linebacker but he got the nickname "The Assassin"! Jack Tatum!!

A lot of his hits are illegal today, but the irony is, that he was respected and feared and most players didn't think he was dirty, because many of the hits he gave out could have ended his career as well!
Reply/Quote
Burfict is also never in trouble off the field. He is the perfect throwback. The guys people love to talk about, but the guy the NFL and apparently fans don't want to see anymore.

Reply/Quote

and don't you love it!  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote