Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think I’ve identified our first pick
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/21/alabama-center-landon-dickerson-declares-for-nfl-draft/

Currently dealing with a torn ACL so- he checks all the boxes.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 06:21 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/21/alabama-center-landon-dickerson-declares-for-nfl-draft/

How old is he? If he's a graduate transfer is he already going to be in his mid twenties?
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 09:15 AM)Mer Wrote: How old is he? If he's a graduate transfer is he already going to be in his mid twenties?

Currently 22...with a Sep birthday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 09:32 AM)pally Wrote: Currently 22...with a Sep birthday

That's not bad. Was he a good center? I feel like Price and Hopkins could be upgraded.
Reply/Quote
Another newbie? we need a vet at center..
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 10:13 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Another newbie? we need a vet at center..

That would be nice but are they willing to pay someone over just keeping Hopkins?
Reply/Quote
OP is just making an injured first round pick joke.

Landon Dickerson was getting bottom half of the second round talks before his injury. That said with the injury early in December it could really drop his draft stock to like a 5th or 6th round pick because he wont likely be ready to start the year and has an injury past.

He would still be a solid pick for the Bengals to compete be a backup after he's off the PUP' and compete with Hopkins in 2022.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 10:13 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Another newbie? we need a vet at center..

I'm pretty sure this was posted as a joke.  Filling a spot that's not necessarily a top need (jury still out on Hopkins) and filling it with a guy who's coming into the draft with an injury.  We've seen this story before, so I think it was a little tongue in cheek.  I could be wrong, though... 
Reply/Quote
I waiting to make my prediction until I find out which WR has the biggest hands in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 01:09 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I waiting to make my prediction until I find out which WR has the biggest hands in the draft.

i miss the flip.... i really do.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 09:15 AM)Mer Wrote: How old is he? If he's a graduate transfer is he already going to be in his mid twenties?

This is a joke right? Ogblewie had an injury he was dealing with too when we made that idiotic pick. I want healthy players drafted in these top slots, not gambles. 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 06:21 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/21/alabama-center-landon-dickerson-declares-for-nfl-draft/

Would be a huge bonus if he had off the field issues....
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Dickerson will be a very good pick up for someone if he falls.
Reply/Quote
Could be a TE or FB like Fisher
Reply/Quote

While amusing, there are actual 1st round caliber guys who have recently had injuries lol.
Kyle Pitts, Jaylen Waddle, and DeVonta Smith are the ones that come to mind.
Waddle had a bad ankle injury that kept him out for all but 6 games. He ended up suiting up for the National Championship game after not playing since Oct, but only had 3 receptions for 34 yards. IIRC, he only came in once DeVonta Smith went out with an injury.
Pitts suffered a bad hit in the Georgia game and missed a few games due to a concussion and surgery on his nose.
Smith suffered a dislocated finger in the National Championship Game and had surgery on it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Guess you are going to gloss right over the slim WR with a broken hand? You know the hand he has to catch the ball with.

Honestly when I saw the splint on Devonte’s hand at the championship game I started selling myself right then he would be our guy if he is there. I’ve done a pretty good job of talking myself into liking the pick.
Reply/Quote