Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think Katie is calling the shots?
(03-31-2019, 11:01 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Is changing coaches a great decision?

Yes.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 11:16 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Have they really kept us out of 'cap hell'?
Yes.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 11:16 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Have they really kept us out of 'cap hell'?

Teams like the Steelers and Ravens performance doesn't really seem to suffer from salary cap ramifications. Plus, they have Super Bowl wins on their resume.

But, are the Bengals really out of cap hell? We let guys like Whitworth walk and replaced him with Ced, Fisher, and now Bobby Hart.

We lost Reggie Nelson, Sanu, Jones, Zeitler, Joseph, Justin Smith, Spikes, Peko, Leon Hall, and some other players. In many cases replacing them with inferior players initially.

The poor results of the past 3 years are largely based on losing those guys and not replacing them.

So did we really avoid 'cap hell' as teams in 'cap hell' generally have to get rid of higher priced players and miss the playoffs. We ended up the same place.

Takeo Spikes wanted to leave. Terrance Newman and Pacman Jones played as well as Jonathan Joseph did while they were here. Tyler Boyd is in track to be a better player than Marvin Jones and Sanu.

We all like Whitworth, but they did the right thing. His cheaper replacement was on the roster. It just turns out the guy was a bum... Every NFL team does what the Bengals did in that situation. They got burned that time. Win some, lose some.... Such is life.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote