Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think of all the changes since 2011.
(06-26-2018, 01:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I cannot like any QB on any other team in the Division, not even Mayfield who i really liked at Oklahoma.

This.

I was a big fan of Mayfield, but not ahead of any Bengal.

My UT boy Josh Dobbs is a Steeler.  I wish the best for him but not as a Steeler.  Never saw him as much of an NFL QB anyway.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 03:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: To try and get back on topic of the thread, there have been a lot of changes in personnel.

Since 2011, the Bengals have their fourth OC and third DC. Nearly all of the position coaches are different too.
It's pretty crazy to think AJ Green will turn 30 years old this year. It feels like he's only been around for 4-5 years, but it's been seven already. The Bengals will have to start thinking about finding that next superstar WR within the next 2-3 years probably because even if AJ can still play at a high level by that point, they need to start planning for that drop off like Atlanta did with Roddy White and Julio Jones.

I think 2020 will be that big year for a changing of the guard at key positions like WR and DL. Maybe LB too given Burfict will be turning 30 in late September 2020. Perhaps safety as well given Iloka also will be 30 and Williams will be 29 by the start of the 2020 season.

It is a badge of honor somewhat to lose so many coaches to HC jobs.

Believe we should plan on life without Burfict before that per he can not be counted on being active for one reason or another. 

Ross was an attempt at AJ's future replacement imo.

The only explanation I have for taking a WR when the O-line was so horridly depleted. 

Think WR's can more easily be found these days than in past with the way college game has evolved. Think AJ can play at least 5 more years as well. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 02:59 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Never have either and loved Ben in college until steelers drafted him and his antics started showing. 

But not going to lie, going to have a hard time now with Lamar being a Raven. 

Will never pull for Ravens but somehow want him to do good while they flop. 

Will find out in first home game  as I watch it from my front row seat. 

It is still Bengals all the way for me but will still try and get Lamar to throw me an "L" before kickoff. 

Am happy with Dalton though and did not even mock Lamar here  and was praying he would just not land in Pittsburgh. Guess should have broadened the prayers bandwidth and said division instead of only steelers.

L-Yeah and Go Cards !

Figured you were pizzed off when Lamar went to the Ratbirds.

(06-26-2018, 03:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: To try and get back on topic of the thread, there have been a lot of changes in personnel.

Since 2011, the Bengals have their fourth OC and third DC. Nearly all of the position coaches are different too.
It's pretty crazy to think AJ Green will turn 30 years old this year. It feels like he's only been around for 4-5 years, but it's been seven already. The Bengals will have to start thinking about finding that next superstar WR within the next 2-3 years probably because even if AJ can still play at a high level by that point, they need to start planning for that drop off like Atlanta did with Roddy White and Julio Jones.

I think 2020 will be that big year for a changing of the guard at key positions like WR and DL. Maybe LB too given Burfict will be turning 30 in late September 2020. Perhaps safety as well given Iloka also will be 30 and Williams will be 29 by the start of the 2020 season.

Man time flies.

Think Ross could be that stud when AJ retires but wouldn't be a bad idea to draft another talented WR soon.

Have to be prepared for when these guys get up there in age so true.

I actually think TE is where we should go early next year if there are some really good ones. Even if Eifert stays
healthy this season and we bring him back again a big pass catching TE is deadly in the NFL and helps out QB's
big time.
Reply/Quote
Sorry but both Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield strike me as “gimmick” QBs, and indeed the Rats should look into other positions for Jackson as he reminds a lot of Terrelle Pryor.

I think the best overall QB pick from this draft was Darnold for the Jets. In division, the Steelers and us both did well with Mason Rudolph and Logan Woodside - both good system QBs and in both cases they can be properly coached up over time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote