Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think of all the changes since 2011.
(06-25-2018, 04:29 PM)cooper Wrote: baker has a great attitude..skill set not much better than manziel

That's a really lazy comparison. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 04:28 PM)cooper Wrote: baker mayfield is only 5'11..while better than Manziel..not much

great attitude though

And Drew Brees is the same height. What's your point? 
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 04:12 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: LOL. Im sorry but I have a man crush on Baker Mayfield. Apparently hes struggling (im not even sure what that means, we are in OTAs for heavens sake) but I dont care. I think hes the next Drew Brees with Tom Brady's attitude and competitiveness. Or as I like to put it...the Anti Dalton.

Taking the snaps, for one thing......

https://thespun.com/big-12/oklahoma/baker-mayfield-minicamp-fumbles-shotgun

.....I'm certain he will eventually overcome that.

.....and threw some picks...

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2018/05/23/cleveland-browns-baker-mayfield-struggles-otas-lets-not-overreact/

Really, I just think it's going to take him longer to get acclimated to the NFL game a little longer than some expected.  He is saying good things, especially about Tyrod, and he has had some flashes as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 04:12 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: LOL. Im sorry but I have a man crush on Baker Mayfield. Apparently hes struggling (im not even sure what that means, we are in OTAs for heavens sake) but I dont care. I think hes the next Drew Brees with Tom Brady's attitude and competitiveness. Or as I like to put it...the Anti Dalton.

I get that, my fave QB in the Draft myself.

But the Stains will destroy the poor brother.
Reply/Quote

Got a man crush on Lamar Jackson personally, but still hate the freakin Ravens. 

Going to be tough on me watching that Bengals game pulling for the boys while hoping Super Lamario does not get hurt in the process.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 04:37 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That's a really lazy comparison. 

Not sure that particular comment was a big cut on Baker. 

Manziel has a good skill set but never grew up and acts like a thirteen year old still going through puberty. 

Do not see Baker being held back by that and he kind of reminds me of a shorter Favre with his gunslinger style that is obviously exciting to watch. Minus Brett's rocket launcher arm that not many, if any will ever match.

Think there were multiple solid QB's coming out and could have gotten more bang for their buck going different direction. 

Been wrong before though and we shall see soon enough. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It all went downhill after the stupid thumb injury to Dalton. That was the beginning of the end.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 01:01 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: It all went downhill after the stupid thumb injury to Dalton.  That was the beginning of the end.

The end of what?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 12:59 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not sure that particular comment was a big cut on Baker. 

Manziel has a good skill set but never grew up and acts like a thirteen year old still going through puberty. 

Do not see Baker being held back by that and he kind of reminds me of a shorter Favre with his gunslinger style that is obviously exciting to watch. Minus Brett's rocket launcher arm that not many, if any will ever match.

Think there were multiple solid QB's coming out and could have gotten more bang for their buck going different direction. 

I think in the case of Mayfield vs Manziel, the college film showed the difference in their passing games.

Manziel was a much better threat with his legs compared to Mayfield, plus Manziel had Mike Evans the two years he played in college. I remember a lot of scrambling by Manziel to extend the play followed by a high pass to Evans, who often high pointed the ball with his elite size.
Mayfield wasn't quite the play extender as Manziel and he had to fit his passes into tighter windows.

The character issues with Manziel also obviously held him back, but he wasn't going to be nearly as successful at extended the play in the NFL like he did in college.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 12:59 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not sure that particular comment was a big cut on Baker. 

manziel has a good skill set?  too funny
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 11:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I get that, my fave QB in the Draft myself.

But the Stains will destroy the poor brother.

(06-26-2018, 12:50 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Got a man crush on Lamar Jackson personally, but still hate the freakin Ravens. 

Going to be tough on me watching that Bengals game pulling for the boys while hoping Super Lamario does not get hurt in the process.

It's funny...I think Dalton is my third favorite quarterback in the division.  Nervous
Reply/Quote

I've seen a lot of reputable scouts and analysts comment on Baker's ability and say hes light years ahead of Manziel when it comes to accuracy, pocket awareness etc. 

Manziel was a different type of player and had so many more off the field issues than Baker. You could see that train wreck coming from a mile away. 

People just like to compare them because they are both cocky white dudes on the field and both tend to make plays outside the pocket at times. 
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 08:28 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: The end of what?

It's the end of the world as we know it

But I feel fine !

Oops wrong thread, sorry

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 11:01 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I've seen a lot of reputable scouts and analysts comment on Baker's ability and say hes light years ahead of Manziel when it comes to accuracy, pocket awareness etc. 

Manziel was a different type of player and had so many more off the field issues than Baker. You could see that train wreck coming from a mile away. 

People just like to compare them because they are both cocky white dudes on the field and both tend to make plays outside the pocket at times. 

Yet I compared him to Favre on the field. 

The Manziel part is about him looking at Kansas bench while grabbing his "Junk" three different times while screaming (can only imagine what) and then flipping the bird to let the other team know he was #1 three different times, after scoring TD. 

That is Manziel-esque and reeks of immaturity. 

Now we all do stupid things when young so this excusable but a red flag nonetheless and will make people compare him to other punks until he proves otherwise. 

Plus Baker did get 2,600 yds rushing out of his backs to open things up as well. 

Dude looks like the second coming on film and maybe he is. But will stand by my prediction that he will be either great or a flop with no in between.

Yet as I said, great is worth a shot. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 10:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's funny...I think Dalton is my third favorite quarterback in the division.  Nervous

I cannot like any QB on any other team in the Division, not even Mayfield who i really liked at Oklahoma.

Now he is a Stain and will fail, sorry Baker and sorry Weezy.

Also, just wait and see how Dalton fairs this year behind a decent O-line and a stud Center. He has never had this.

The last time the line was halfway decent Dalton was an MVP candidate.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 01:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Yet I compared him to Favre on the field. 

The Manziel part is about him looking at Kansas bench while grabbing his "Junk" three different times while screaming (can only imagine what) and then flipping the bird to let the other team know he was #1 three different times, after scoring TD. 

That is Manziel-esque and reeks of immaturity. 

Now we all do stupid things when young so this excusable but a red flag nonetheless and will make people compare him to other punks until he proves otherwise. 

Plus Baker did get 2,600 yds rushing out of his backs to open things up as well. 

Dude looks like the second coming on film and maybe he is. But will stand by my prediction that he will be either great or a flop with no in between.

Yet as I said, great is worth a shot. 

Yeah and him being in a dysfunctional organization doesn't help his case... 
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 01:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I cannot like any QB on any other team in the Division, not even Mayfield who i really liked at Oklahoma.

Now he is a Stain and will fail, sorry Baker and sorry Weezy.

Also, just wait and see how Dalton fairs this year behind a decent O-line and a stud Center. He has never had this.

The last time the line was halfway decent Dalton was an MVP candidate.

Never have either and loved Ben in college until steelers drafted him and his antics started showing. 

But not going to lie, going to have a hard time now with Lamar being a Raven. 

Will never pull for Ravens but somehow want him to do good while they flop. 

Will find out in first home game  as I watch it from my front row seat. 

It is still Bengals all the way for me but will still try and get Lamar to throw me an "L" before kickoff. 

Am happy with Dalton though and did not even mock Lamar here  and was praying he would just not land in Pittsburgh. Guess should have broadened the prayers bandwidth and said division instead of only steelers.

L-Yeah and Go Cards !

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Bridgewater too if he works back from injury and becomes starter again.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
To try and get back on topic of the thread, there have been a lot of changes in personnel.

Since 2011, the Bengals have their fourth OC and third DC. Nearly all of the position coaches are different too.
It's pretty crazy to think AJ Green will turn 30 years old this year. It feels like he's only been around for 4-5 years, but it's been seven already. The Bengals will have to start thinking about finding that next superstar WR within the next 2-3 years probably because even if AJ can still play at a high level by that point, they need to start planning for that drop off like Atlanta did with Roddy White and Julio Jones.

I think 2020 will be that big year for a changing of the guard at key positions like WR and DL. Maybe LB too given Burfict will be turning 30 in late September 2020. Perhaps safety as well given Iloka also will be 30 and Williams will be 29 by the start of the 2020 season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 06:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: I agree. People said it all came crashing down with the meltdown. I didn't believe it at the time but in retrospect it was true. We have a chance for a fresh start with the new coaches, but only time will tell if it's a new window.

losing both coordinators after that didn't help at all either...

And #2 and #3 WRs

Then the next year the top 2 OL guys leave..

Hasn't helped the transistion either...  (or zampese for that matter.)
Reply/Quote