Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think this would be best approach
Love to have Burrow or Young but have opportunity to rebuild roster by trading away 1st overall pick. Bengals have so many holes. Capitalize on this opportunity and rebuild.

Jets need a defensive playmaker and traded for 1st pick. We swop 1st rd pick and also give up second rd and two 3rd picks.

Got playmaker to go with Boyd to help get over AJ’s (possible) departure. For two studs at LB’er. Then picked up second round talented G and OT.

R1P6
WR JERRY JEUDY
ALABAMA
33: R2P1
QB JAKE FROMM
GEORGIA
38: R2P6
LB ISAIAH SIMMONS
CLEMSON
65: R3P1
LB KENNETH MURRAY
OKLAHOMA
69: R3P5
G SOLOMON KINDLEY
GEORGIA
70: R3P6
OT PRINCE TEGA WANOGHO
AUBURN
107: R4P1
EDGE KWITY PAYE
MICHIGAN
112: R4P6
CB CAMERON DANTZLER
MISSISSIPPI STATE
Reply/Quote
One Atlanta has the 6th pick, two I doubt Simmons lasts to the 2nd round, and I agree that trading the pick might be said best option.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Simmons top 10-15 lock.
Reply/Quote
I thought about this as well. Trading the pick for more picks can be a great option. Miami would be target though. Trade for their 1st, 1st round pick and one of their 2nd rounders.

This would give us a 1st and 2nds. If we could get another 3rd then fine, but I would be happy with 2 2nd round picks.

I also don't think who you have us selecting is possible. Murray and Simmons are both being looked at as 1st rounders, Kindley is also a possible 1st rounder.

In my scenario, which isn't realistic either, I would take Thomas with our 1st pick. Kindley if he is there with our 1st 2nd, if not Kindley then Ben Bredeson, then take Tyler Biadasz with our 2nd 2nd round pick.

Then take Joe Bachi with our 3rd round pick
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty much at ransom phase if we have pick one and consider trading it. Throw the trade chart out is where I am at. The Bears overpaid in 2017 to move from 3 to 2 and get Trubisky. IMO Burrow or Chase Young are more valuable this year. Your mock is good though, albeit a bit optimistic that some players will be there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It’s hard to tell who will be there and who won’t be. We thought Mack Wilson would be gone by end of 2nd last year. Point of doing the draft anyways was more about draft strategy, not who exactly will be there at what pick.

Anyways. I agree very much that Burrrow and Young are more valuable than Trib so we should hold out for the inevitable redic offer (eg all saints draft picks so they could get Ricky Williams).

In short, love to see us, as you said, get overpaid for our pick and fix LBers, OL and get a QB to compete with Finley for starting position. Cause we ain’t, in our current position, a elite QB away.
Reply/Quote
Hahahaha some of these mocks I’m seeing are outrageous lol first of a big fat no on Fromm as he is identical to dalton. Subpar arm poor pocket awareness dalton dalton dalton no no no. He’s the only qb I know I don’t want lol we have a million more needs than wide receiver even with aj gone and Murray and Simmons are both gone by the end of the first rounds. But good job lol I have the best mock in here and it’s per fan speak not just an unrealistic bunch of first round players we want in the 2nd and third round lol
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 07:23 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Hahahaha some of these mocks I’m seeing are outrageous lol first of a big fat no on Fromm as he is identical to dalton. Subpar arm poor pocket awareness dalton dalton dalton no no no. He’s the only qb I know I don’t want lol we have a million more needs than wide receiver even with aj gone and Murray and Simmons are both gone by the end of the first rounds. But good job lol I have the best mock in here and it’s per fan speak not just an unrealistic bunch of first round players we want in the 2nd and third round lol

Should have set my setting on ‘difficult.’ My draft would have been accurate. what’s funny is some think that the bengals will be grabbing quality FAs to rebuild. Lol. Mike B. is much more likely to rebuild thru draft. With so many holes, much more likely he trades back to build with more picks.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:09 AM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Should have set my setting on ‘difficult.’ My draft would have been accurate. what’s funny is some think that the bengals will be grabbing quality FAs to rebuild. Lol. Mike B. is much more likely to rebuild thru draft. With so many holes, much more likely he trades back to build with more picks.

Use the draft network mock draft machine . It’s actually very realistic
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:09 AM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Should have set my setting on ‘difficult.’ My draft would have been accurate. what’s funny is some think that the bengals will be grabbing quality FAs to rebuild. Lol. Mike B. is much more likely to rebuild thru draft. With so many holes, much more likely he trades back to build with more picks.

I agree mike brown likes to build through the draft. Maybe one of these days brown will realize with his shart scouting department this team can’t just build through the draft. Even if u take out the FA I have them wishfully signing my mock is on more of a realistic level.
I did another fan speak that I like even more.
Chase young DE
Jacob Eason Qb
Ben Bredeson OG
Jacob Phillips LB
Yasir Durant RT
Lamar Jackson
Michael Pittman JR.
^^^^^^
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 11:07 AM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: I thought about this as well. Trading the pick for more picks can be a great option. Miami would be target though. Trade for their 1st, 1st round pick and one of their 2nd rounders.

This would give us a 1st and 2nds. If we could get another 3rd then fine, but I would be happy with 2 2nd round picks.

I also don't think who you have us selecting is possible. Murray and Simmons are both being looked at as 1st rounders, Kindley is also a possible 1st rounder.

In my scenario, which isn't realistic either, I would take Thomas with our 1st pick. Kindley if he is there with our 1st 2nd, if not Kindley then Ben Bredeson, then take Tyler Biadasz with our 2nd 2nd round pick.

Then take Joe Bachi with our 3rd round pick

I like your picks. I like both but I think it’s very unlikely like you said that most of the players will be there. Ya never know though.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:47 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Use the draft network mock draft machine . It’s actually very realistic

You have a link?
Reply/Quote
Where's all of this Jake Fromme shit coming from, as of late? Did not anyone learn from the 8 1/2 year Andy Dalton experiment?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 11:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Where's all of this Jake Fromme shit coming from, as of late? Did not anyone learn from the 8 1/2 year Andy Dalton experiment?

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 11:28 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I like your picks. I like both but I think it’s very unlikely like you said that most of the players will be there. Ya never know though.

The only 2 that I think we would be sure to get is Thomas and Bredeson.  The others is dependent on what the other teams in the league do.

Kindley will probably be a 1st rounder, but being a OG and the "deep" QB class, he may fall to the 2nd.

Another option would be to offer up our pick (especially if we have the 1st) and see what offers are out there.  Who knows maybe get Miami to panic a bit and make them think we have offers and see if they would trade their 1st pick and one of their 2nd picks.  This would give us more chances to boost our roster.
Reply/Quote