Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking the line will keep inproving
(09-24-2017, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Our oline was much better than Green Bay's

There d line is nothing compared to ours. And no, they were not better. If Andy tried to hold onto the ball as long as Rogers did Andy would have been sacked just as much.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I got to watch the game against the Packers yesterday and in the 4th quarter I saw Andre Smith out there at LT. Didn't look to see how long he was in there though. In any case it's not a good sign when a career RT who has little left in the tank is replacing your LT at a key time in a game.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 10:10 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I got to watch the game against the Packers yesterday and in the 4th quarter I saw Andre Smith out there at LT. Didn't look to see how long he was in there though. In any case it's not a good sign when a career RT who has little left in the tank is replacing your LT at a key time in a game.

He played RT some too.
Reply/Quote
Marv (or Hobs or somebody) said postgame they were "rotating" Smith and the OTs because of the heat. Mmmmkay. I don't think there's anything to be done about Ogbuehi, Fisher, and Bodine, since the Bengals have decided to ride and die with them.
Reply/Quote
They've got nowhere to go but up. Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 10:10 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I got to watch the game against the Packers yesterday and in the 4th quarter I saw Andre Smith out there at LT. Didn't look to see how long he was in there though. In any case it's not a good sign when a career RT who has little left in the tank is replacing your LT at a key time in a game.

Ced has been so bad at the most important position on the line that I can't blame them for trying something else. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We'll bring in a bust OT like Greg Robinson just because he was a #2 pick.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 12:16 PM)snowy Wrote: Marv (or Hobs or somebody) said postgame they were "rotating" Smith and the OTs because of the heat. Mmmmkay. I don't think there's anything to be done about Ogbuehi, Fisher, and Bodine, since the Bengals have decided to ride and die with them.

Knowing them they're probably telling the truth and we'll never see Andre back in even though he was better than both starters at their positions smh
Reply/Quote
Bodine had a good game. Fisher is worst on the line. he's not NFL caliber imo
Reply/Quote
Could not pass protect long enough for anything to develop.

But did look a slightly better run blocking.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Check out @John__Sheeran’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/John__Sheeran/status/912365182197911555?s=09

what do you call this. just horrible
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 01:08 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Check out @John__Sheeran’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/John__Sheeran/status/912365182197911555?s=09

what do you call this.  just horrible

the whole line just seems to get overwhelmed at times...

he tackles are really poor of course but to be fair I'm struggling to see anyone consistently winning their individual battles (Is it me or is Ced looking like he's just wandering around out there..at no point have i seen simply try and blown the snot out of someone - he's just trying to get in their way).  

Those G-T pull plays s are taking an age to develop as well meaning the backside pursuit is a factor.

At the start of the season I was trying to  be a bit pragmatic with Alexander based on the fact we have had decent lines previously (who have at times been real good at pass pro..run blocking has never been stellar) but the combination of their recent draft picks with the way  they approach games / way too passive , lack of aggression  means I'm pretty much done.  

There are really no more excuses left - for the second year in a row the play of the OLine is going to be arguably the biggest on field handicap we have to success
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 01:44 PM)sonofstat Wrote: the whole line just seems to get overwhelmed at times...

he tackles are really poor of course but to be fair I'm struggling to see anyone consistently winning their individual battles (Is it me or is Ced looking like he's just wandering around out there..at no point have i seen simply try and blown the snot out of someone - he's just trying to get in their way).  

Those G-T pull plays s are taking an age to develop as well meaning the backside pursuit is a factor.

At the start of the season I was trying to  be a bit pragmatic with Alexander based on the fact we have had decent lines previously (who have at times been real good at pass pro..run blocking has never been stellar) but the combination of their recent draft picks with the way  they approach games / way too passive , lack of aggression  means I'm pretty much done.  

There are really no more excuses left - for the second year in a row the play of the OLine is going to be arguably the biggest on field handicap we have to success

That was my issue with when people said with time the line would gel. Guys are individually losing battles. When that happens...you're pretty much done.
Reply/Quote
Maybe so but,I won't see it in my lifetime!
Reply/Quote