Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This’ll make you feel better about that last drive on against ATL
Per Locked on Bengals apparently we were down 4 corners by that time so that drive we’d usually play 1-2 linebackers but that last drive we had 4 linebackers in which explains their Poe instincts in not getting deep on those TE Seams.

Not much you can do with that
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 10:41 AM)Housh Wrote: Per Locked on Bengals apparently we were down 4 corners by that time so that drive we’d usually play 1-2 linebackers but that last drive we had 4 linebackers in which explains their Poe instincts in not getting deep on those TE Seams.

Not much you can do with that

Nothing makes me feel better about the Bengals in the preseason. They always worry me. I hate slow starts. We play Cleveland and the Steelers out the gate. Nobody supports Zac on here more than me lol but I don’t like his preseason plan. Of course another game to go. I just don’t see anything wrong with playing the first team a quarter and establishing the run game w/o Burrow. Injuries a part of the game. Anybody could get hurt the first game. What’s the difference? The first few games are just as critical.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 10:48 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Nothing makes me feel better about the Bengals in the preseason. They always worry me. I hate slow starts. We play Cleveland and the Steelers out the gate. Nobody supports Zac on here more than me lol but I don’t like his preseason plan. Of course another game to go. I just don’t see anything wrong with playing the first team a quarter and establishing the run game w/o Burrow. Injuries a part of the game. Anybody could get hurt the first game. What’s the difference? The first few games are just as critical.

I will say he actually had the starting D play the entire first drive (Except Trey and DJ I think were only a few plays). I feel like that wasn't the case last year. Maybe game 3 we will see the starting line for a series, I think it could help. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 10:48 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Nothing makes me feel better about the Bengals in the preseason. They always worry me. I hate slow starts. We play Cleveland and the Steelers out the gate. Nobody supports Zac on here more than me lol but I don’t like his preseason plan. Of course another game to go. I just don’t see anything wrong with playing the first team a quarter and establishing the run game w/o Burrow. Injuries a part of the game. Anybody could get hurt the first game. What’s the difference? The first few games are just as critical.

Slow starts can really affect the seeding, or even making the playoffs at all.
Luckily for the Bengals last year, it was just the former.
Had they beaten the Steelers and Cowboys, we could have been looking at the 1 seed for the Bengals.
Ultimately though, I guess it really didn't matter since the Bengals got to the AFCCG, but getting the top seed is always nice, IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I just think Zac feels the risk out-weighs the reward. It’s great to get them some game action until something happens like Chase turning an ankle or Orlando Brown tearing his bicep.
That would be harder to live with than getting off to a slow start.
Yes they could get injured in week one but those game count. Tough to stomach losing starters during a game that doesn’t count in the standings.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 10:48 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Nothing makes me feel better about the Bengals in the preseason.

Preach.

Reply/Quote

Make that Stains and Ratbirds out of the gate. Definitely don’t want a repeat of last year’s slow start. That said, I don’t expect to see any starters play this Saturday. If any, just a few snaps. The risk in the final preseason game far outweighs any benefit. It’s now been 3 1/2 weeks since Burrow’s calf strain. If it was indeed a grade 1, he is hopefully on track to begin practicing by no later than next week. Two full weeks of practice should be sufficient for Joe to get up to speed.
Reply/Quote
They have started out 0-2 or worse three of Zac’s four years. This year they ridiculously start with two division games. Fix it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

"We play Cleveland and the Steelers Ravens out the gate."

Jonah looked solid at RT for a few plays, otherwise this preseason has been 99% alarming.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2023, 03:20 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I just think Zac feels the risk out-weighs the reward. It’s great to get them some game action until something happens like Chase turning an ankle or Orlando Brown tearing his bicep.
That would be harder to live with than getting off to a slow start.
Yes they could get injured in week one but those game count. Tough to stomach losing starters during a game that doesn’t count in the standings.

This. Well said Clark. I hope we start out faster this season with a win against the Stains right out of the gate. But also don't want no injuries
to important players in meaningless games. To the OP, are our Corners alright? That is what stood out to me in what you said Housh?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 02:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This. Well said Clark. I hope we start out faster this season with a win against the Stains right out of the gate. But also don't want no injuries
to important players in meaningless games. To the OP, are our Corners alright? That is what stood out to me in what you said Housh?

So...you want injuries?   Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2023, 03:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...you want injuries?   Ninja

Damn, I even have went out of my way this Offseason to not mention injuries specifically because of you Rfaulk, but you caught me, congrats.

Mellow

lol
Reply/Quote