Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Draft Class is Trash.?.!.?
Trying to get into it. Maybe it's the limited games available to watch or the opt outs. But without counting and getting too specific, I feel like there's only about 10 guys who can come in and be more than a role player (injuries aside, some will be forced on the field).

Anybody feel differently? Was hoping it was a deep draft even if the first round wasn't great but the more I look at players the more I think this is the worst draft class in years.
Reply/Quote
Nah it's deep just like it is every year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The high end talent isnt there this year especially on the defensive line which hurts the overall draft class but there are alot of great prospects. Day two of the draft is going to be the sweet spot this year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This draft class don’t know how food they got it gosh darnit.
Reply/Quote
You do have like 3 or 4 players considered generational coming out this year, but no top 10 edge rushers. There’s a lot of opt out players in this years draft, so you have to go on tape that’s more than a year old so you have to hope those players filled there frames out, but sitting out means they aren’t as experienced at there position.

They really need there pro days to be strong.

But it’s super deep at OL. I bet there will be first year starters drafted in like the 6th in this draft. WR class isn’t terrible either. Not the year to need a CB right away though.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 10:28 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Trying to get into it. Maybe it's the limited games available to watch or the opt outs. But without counting and getting too specific, I feel like there's only about 10 guys who can come in and be more than a role player (injuries aside, some will be forced on the field).

Anybody feel differently? Was hoping it was a deep draft even if the first round wasn't great but the more I look at players the more I think this is the worst draft class in years.

I agree.  It feels like a really weak draft class.  

People are pointing at a deep OT class, but half of the top 6-7 prospects are being projected to G, so is these prospects really that good?  Plus a weak edge rusher class can be making a lot of these guys seem better than they are.

Edge is weak.  Stack LB is weak.  There are mid round S's I like, but not much top end talent.  A lot of people are claiming it's a deep WR draft, but there are very few guys that project to the outside.  There are a ton of undersized slot guys, though.  

Even looking at QB, which was supposed to be stacked on paper heading into the season, you have Lawrence who needs shoulder surgery and Fields regressed last year.  Now there's question marks about both.
Reply/Quote
One less year of highlight reel plays for a lot of these prospects. Some of the "one year wonders" might've had two good years in a reality without the virus. 
Reply/Quote
A lot of the top-end prospects opted out for 2020 and those that played were mostly on a shortened season.
As for the talent overall, there "meat" of the draft looks to be in Rds 2 and 3.
I don't see a huge difference in the talent level between a mid-to-late 1st round prospect vs a 2nd rounder in this draft class.
My opinion is whoever the Bengals select in early Rd 1, it better be someone with talent at another tier compared to their Rd 2 counterparts.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I believe we shouldn't trade down. Once Lawrence is picked we should have a good choice. I go Sewell, Pitts, then either of the wr's. Cant go wrong in this one if we stay put.
Reply/Quote
I keep finding players I want. I initially wanted to make trades that ended up with us getting picks in next years draft just so we could avoid having to pick a bunch of guys from this class. But not any more. Plenty of talent to be had
Reply/Quote
This draft feels really weak on the defensive side. There is no Chase Young, Derrick Brown or Isaiah Simmons level prospect at any level on the defensive side.

On the offensive side, however, this class has 3 Day 1 QB starters, 6 Day 1 WR starters, 5 day 1 starting IOL, 4 Day 1 starting OTs and 2 or 3 Day 1 TEs. There may only be 2 Day 1 RBs, but overall I think there's a lot of talent to be had in this draft on the offensive side.

And I think there's some decent depth on the defensive side with a fair number of CBs, LBs and DEs that can contribute significantly from day 1. There just isn't that much of a top end of the defensive side, with really only 1 or maybe 2 defensive players getting serious consideration in the top 10.
Reply/Quote