Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is Like 2005
Both starting QBs were out during our playoff games against the Steelers. There was so much promise. Potential. And everything seemed to be lining up for us. But somehow, it went to the wayside.

Loss of the team took over. Players lost their cool. Winning was in our grasp, but we allowed a certain mentality to take over. We lost ourselves.

People look at 2005 as the biggest "What If" year the Bengals have ever had. 2015 is having the same kind of feel to it. Years down the road we'll be looking at this year like "Wow. If Dalton was healthy" or "If Hill didn't fumble" then we could jump to Super Bow talk. Like we do with the 2005 team.

But we can't.

Why?

Because there's been one constant in the playoffs EVERY ear. Marvin. Lewis.

He changed the culture. He helped us do great things. But he can't get us over the hump. He just can't. He's had EVERY opportunity to do so, but he failed in every way. We can't blame this loss as our QB being injured. We can't. We had a chance to run the clock out and win. But didn't. Turnover and our team lost it's composure at it's most critical time.

So may compare this to Jim Harbaugh. But he has success. Some may use the Reds as an idea, but they haven't had a consistency like us.

Fact is. We have two former coordinators coaching tomorrow for playoff wins. We have two coordinators interviewing tomorrow, along with a defensive backs coach being given numerous options.

This is a huge "What If" year for us, and we're going to look back on it. We need to make a change. Now. Marvin isn't going to help us get over the hump, we need someone that will.

Simple. As. That.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Well said.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I didnt think it could get worse than the Palmer playoff game but I think this one takes the cake. We had it...and blew it our self. Against the same damn team of course. the 05 team and this team both should have gone on to the SB but now I think that window pretty much slammed shut on this team for awhile with all the FA's and coach's leaving ( all but the one that should) but hey there's always next year. Now we get to watch Pitt possibly move on to the SB again. Please bring in Tom Coughlin.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 06:19 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I didnt think it could get worse than the Palmer playoff game but I think this one takes the cake. We had it...and blew it our self. Against the same damn team of course. the 05 team and this team both should have gone on to the SB but now I think that window pretty much slammed shut on this team for awhile with all the FA's and coach's leaving ( all but the one that should) but hey there's always next year. Now we get to watch Pitt possibly move on to the SB again. Please bring in Tom Coughlin.

I think the Bengals destroyed the Steelers for the next game. That was my biggest worry. Whoever won this game was going to walk out black, blue, and players hurt.

We should have won that game. This is the worst Bengals game I ever witnessed in my entire life.

The Meltdown At Paul Brown.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote