Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is The Same Senate?
So am I getting this right?

There was a bill passed by the house that will help a lot of Americans. Our prez just declared a national emergency. And you may have to fight for the toilet paper if you go to the store to buy some because people are going nuts.

And that bill passed by the house that would really probably calm a lot of people down is on pause? Because the same corrupt absolutely scumbag filled senate that voted weeks ago to not even hear evidence in an impeachment trail is out for the weekend?

This is really unacceptable....

Like I mean, throw up in my mouth bad.

Am I right to be upset about that?
(03-14-2020, 11:53 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So am I getting this right?

There was a bill passed by the house that will help a lot of Americans. Our prez just declared a national emergency. And you may have to fight for the toilet paper if you go to the store to buy some because people are going nuts.

And that bill passed by the house that would really probably calm a lot of people down is on pause? Because the same corrupt absolutely scumbag filled senate that voted weeks ago to not even hear evidence in an impeachment trail is out for the weekend?

This is really unacceptable....

Like I mean, throw up in my mouth bad.

Am I right to be upset about that?

You are right to be upset about it. The delay in proper appropriations will be measured in lives lost.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
While the timing and optics of this isn't great, I can't really berate the Senate for this, or the GOP, when it is very common for both chambers and both parties to do this. The typical work week in Washington for all of them is Tuesday through Thursday. Should something like this keep them in Washington longer? Sure. But they have campaigning to do. It also should be noted that it is likely that Pelosi, knowing all of this as she does, purposely set this up for the optics.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-14-2020, 05:15 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: While the timing and optics of this isn't great, I can't really berate the Senate for this, or the GOP, when it is very common for both chambers and both parties to do this. The typical work week in Washington for all of them is Tuesday through Thursday. Should something like this keep them in Washington longer? Sure. But they have campaigning to do. It also should be noted that it is likely that Pelosi, knowing all of this as she does, purposely set this up for the optics.

Yea... I don’t really give a shit about what the typical work week for them is. This isn’t typical times. They are supposed to work for the people. They all knew damn well what the situation was before they decided to take a long weekend. Every single one of them failed. If somebody was trying to score political points I would have seen a headline by now. Nothing. Nobody trying to shame. At least that I have seen, other than me on here bitching. Straight up leadership failure. You can try to give Pelosi shit. But the fact is she was working until late Friday night with the weirdo munchkin doing her job for the American people with the rest of Congress. All parties.

Maybe consider why and who the no votes in congress on legislation clearly designed to help the average American came from. And who the senate majority is and why they are on the sidelines thumbing their nose at the working class. Meanwhile there is already talk that our government is working on something to help the travel and leisure business hurt by this... when the legislation to help the people is lying in limbo and has not even gone through.
(03-15-2020, 01:22 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea... I don’t really give a shit about what the typical work week for them is. This isn’t typical times. They are supposed to work for the people. They all knew damn well what the situation was before they decided to take a long weekend. Every single one of them failed. If somebody was trying to score political points I would have seen a headline by now. Nothing. Nobody trying to shame. At least that I have seen, other than me on here bitching. Straight up leadership failure. You can try to give Pelosi shit. But the fact is she was working until late Friday night with the weirdo munchkin doing her job for the American people with the rest of Congress. All parties.

Maybe consider why and who the no votes in congress on legislation clearly designed to help the average American came from. And who the senate majority is and why they are on the sidelines thumbing their nose at the working class. Meanwhile there is already talk that our government is working on something to help the travel and leisure business hurt by this... when the legislation to help the people is lying in limbo and has not even gone through.

McConnell was going to do it have the recess, then changed his mind, then took a three day weekend.

But to fair to him there is a lot of grifting to get done and he faces an actual challenge to his seat so he has more important things on his mind than "optics" and "caring about people" and "doing his damn job".  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.