Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
This Offensive Line is still ASS
(11-08-2021, 12:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Who was out there at the deadline that is better than what we have?

that appears to be what the front office thought too =(

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OG was traded for a bag of peanuts to the jets 

Other OL that should have been Targets:
Austin Blythe C (would be the safest cheap trade the bengals could make today)
Andre Dillard OT/OG (been an almost bust for the eagles, if cheap enough..)

Other OL that wouldn't have been good targets:
Andrew Norwell OG (would be a starter, but age/contract/trade cost makes it a tough sell)
Ted Karras OG/C (doubt the pats are looking to deal OL depth)
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:26 PM)P W Wrote: look either it's "a new dey" or a "seize the dey" or its a "same ole dey."

are you asking me if i was shocked as a lifelong fan of the bengals, that mike browns front office refused to give up a day 3 pick to improve a significant roster weakness in hopes of maybe producing a winning season?
no.

are you asking me if i've bought into the rebranded kool-aid/gatorade/slogans as opposed to actual moves?
no.

are you asking me if mike brown should maybe make a real effort to avoid another lost decade before he leaves this realm of existence?
sigh. and that is the FML as a bengals fan part of the equation.

I was mostly bring facetious.  Then again, I don't think Katie and Troy were on vacation this year during the trade deadline, so maybe we could have gotten our hopes up. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was mostly bring facetious.  Then again, I don't think Katie and Troy were on vacation this year during the trade deadline, so maybe we could have gotten our hopes up. 

Still blows me away that happened. Even when you think you can expect it all, a new curveball comes.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was mostly bring facetious.  Then again, I don't think Katie and Troy were on vacation this year during the trade deadline, so maybe we could have gotten our hopes up. 

The Brown Family doesn’t understand what “blockers” do.
Reply/Quote

sigh. it's how i think of them now. always. probably not fair, nor accurate, but nonetheless...
Reply/Quote
Burrow needs to get rid of the ball quicker. The oline wasn’t great but they played good enough to win. And the holding call in the 4th quarter was bullshit
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:01 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Burrow needs to get rid of the ball quicker. The oline wasn’t great but they played good enough to win. And the holding call in the 4th quarter was bullshit

??????? You're on crack

if the defense played like they did against pittsburgh and against Baltimore, then yea, Bengals couldve won that game. But that's if the defense showed up. They didnt

Idk how anyone can say "the o-line played good enough to win"
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:01 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Burrow needs to get rid of the ball quicker. The oline wasn’t great but they played good enough to win. And the holding call in the 4th quarter was bullshit

If the Bengals wanted a quarterback who gets the ball out quicker they should have kept Andy Dalton.* He had a 2.17 second release which was among the fastest in the NFL. The Bengals moved on from Dalton because they wanted someone who could push the ball down the field, throw deep accurately, be smarter with the football, and run the offense better. This is why the Bengals drafted Joe Burrow. Morphing Burrow into a Dalton clone defeats the purpose of drafting him.

Joe Burrow’s success rises and falls with the pass protection he gets just like any other quarterback in the league. Baker Mayfield had a much better day than Joe Burrow yesterday because his line gave him ample time to go through his progressions, set his feet, and throw accurately all day. Burrow has far better pure skills than Mayfield but yesterday the rest of the Cleveland offense was in top form while the Bengals looked like deer in the headlights.

When you have Ja’Marr Chase, Joe Mixon, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, Joe Burrow, and CJ Uzomah and you only score 16 points your offensive line stinks on ice.

*No, I’m NOT saying that should have happened. I’m making a point.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: ??????? You're on crack

if the defense played like they did against pittsburgh and against Baltimore, then yea, Bengals couldve won that game. But that's if the defense showed up. They didnt

No but what are you on? It must be some strong shit for you to think I said the defense played good enough to win. Do I really need to add a disclaimer for you to understand the point? I didn’t mean the oline could have single-handedly carried this team to victory whil Burrow three pick sixes and the defense gave up 42 points.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:39 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: No but what are you on? It must be some strong shit for you to think I said the defense played good enough to win. 

Where in my post did I say that you said that?

Lay off the crack, man
Reply/Quote
The offensive Line played well in the first half but then the second half happened and everything turned to shit. Having to just pass the ball might have had embellished the problem.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I mean, if you've been waiting 31 seasons and feel it's "same crap, different season," the Ravens game shouldn't have brought back the excitement so soon. You should have waited, like me, until November was over.

Well I was not quit smart enough.  lol.  I guess I just thought with a new shiny QB, Chase, Higgins, Mixon, Boyd, etc., the D playing really well...........blah, I got duped.
Reply/Quote
Not sure why this is so surprising. There were a lot of people that said all we needed to do was get to the point were we had an average/slightly below average line and we would be improved. While that's true, it will show up against teams with good/great defenses. In order to get to the next level, we need to get our line into the good/great category.

Hopefully that means signing an impact interior lineman or actually drafting a guy in the first or second round that has actually played the position before.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:20 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If the Bengals wanted a quarterback who gets the ball out quicker they should have kept Andy Dalton.* He had a 2.17 second release which was among the fastest in the NFL. The Bengals moved on from Dalton because they wanted someone who could push the ball down the field, throw deep accurately, be smarter with the football, and run the offense better. This is why the Bengals drafted Joe Burrow. Morphing Burrow into a Dalton clone defeats the purpose of drafting him.

Joe Burrow’s success rises and falls with the pass protection he gets just like any other quarterback in the league. Baker Mayfield had a much better day than Joe Burrow yesterday because his line gave him ample time to go through his progressions, set his feet, and throw accurately all day. Burrow has far better pure skills than Mayfield but yesterday the rest of the Cleveland offense was in top form while the Bengals looked like deer in the headlights.

When you have Ja’Marr Chase, Joe Mixon, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, Joe Burrow, and CJ Uzomah and you only score 16 points your offensive line stinks on ice.

*No, I’m NOT saying that should have happened. I’m making a point.

That’s good for Andy. But I’ll take Burrow over the aging backup who lost every playoff game he started. Having a quick release won’t morph Burrow into Andy. Most of the elite quarterbacks can make quick decisions or throw the ball away. There was pressure but most of Burrow’s bad play was on him.

The line didn’t make him throw a pick six. The line didn’t drop two touchdowns. The line didn’t fumble the ball. The line didn’t give up 41 points. The protection wasn’t great but the o-line was no where near the reason we lost. Joe Burrow, Ja’Mar Chase, and Tee Higgins all sucked this game and it’s not the o-line’s fault. We would have scored a lot more than 16 points if our receivers could hold onto the ball.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:49 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Well I was not quit smart enough.  lol.  I guess I just thought with a new shiny QB, Chase, Higgins, Mixon, Boyd, etc., the D playing really well...........blah, I got duped.

That's why I bought in more than anything else. They were playing very effective zone mainly due being disciplined with very few mistakes and even fewer missed tackles.

And then they faced the mighty Jets.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: ??????? You're on crack

So the o-line played good enough to win if the defense didn’t suck, but it’s still the o-line’s fault we lost. WTF
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:07 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: So the o-line played good enough to win if the defense didn’t suck, but it’s still the o-line’s fault we lost. WTF

if the defense played ELITE, then your statement of "the o-line played good enough to win" would have more merit. Because if the defense played like they did against pitt and baltimore, the score would be close, and then we could say, "well the defense is giving the offense a chance". That didnt happen though

The offensive line played like trash either way.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: if the defense played ELITE, then your statement of "the o-line played good enough to win" would have more merit. Because if the defense played like they did against pitt and baltimore, the score would be close, and then we could say, "well the defense is giving the offense a chance". That didnt happen though

The offensive line played like trash either way.

My statement does have merit. If the other squads didn’t play like complete garbage the o-line did play good enough to win. If Chase and Higgins don’t drop their touchdown passes the Bengals put up 27 points. We probably put up even more without Burrow’s horrible pick 6, Chase’s fumble, and the other interception where Chase got outplayed by his man. The o-line was the least of our worries.
Reply/Quote
Just pretend we started 0 - 4 and have won 5 in a row to tie for 2nd place and 1 behind Baltimore.. now THAT sounds like a glorious to be made movie!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 02:24 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: My statement does have merit. If the other squads didn’t play like complete garbage the o-line did play good enough to win. If Chase and Higgins don’t drop their touchdown passes the Bengals put up 27 points. We probably put up even more without Burrow’s horrible pick 6, Chase’s fumble, and the other interception where Chase got outplayed by his man. The o-line was the least of our worries.

defense was the most concerning
o-line was 2nd most concerning
drops and fumbles were 3rd.

in my opinion
Reply/Quote