Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This PFF simulation is $$$$
I usually do not take part in trades in the simulations I do but I decided to give it a go and see how it turned out and I must say this draft would be the absolute BOMB in my opinion. First I will lay out my preseason plan.

Re-Sign

1) Vonn Bell
2) Hayden Hurst
3) Cal Adomitis (done)
4) Mitchell Wilcox
5) Samaje Perine
6) Trent Taylor
7) Max Sharping
8) Germaine Pratt

Extensions

1) Joe Burrow
2) Tee Higgins
*Unfortunately, to make cap space for signings and extensions Joe Mixon would end up being cut as a cap casualty*

Round 1 - 28th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBe0rAargoiKeXXFCtI-m...Q&usqp=CAU]

Anton Harrison - OT - Oklahoma - 6'5" 315

Yes the Bengals picked up the 5th year option on Jonah Williams but that does not mean he has to start at LT. Jonah was the weak link on this offensive line last year and unfortunately Collins was right behind him. Anton Harrison may well be the best pure pass blocker in this draft. It is a rare occasion when his assignment gets near the QB and his high football IQ shows up in his play. He is not a devastating run blocker but he is still effective and makes the block. Harrison should be an immediate upgrade at LT for the Bengals.

Round 2 - 60th Overall

There was not player that I was super committed to at this point and had several trade offers on the table. I traded the 60th selection to Atlanta which they used to select Trenton Simpson. In return the Bengals received the following selections 3-75, 4-110, and 4-113.

Round 3 - 75th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_owjCJaO5i7AGaEC5qSQ...w&usqp=CAU]

Cam Smith - CB - S. Carolina - 6'0" 188

Smith is considered by many to be one of the best CB prospects in this draft. As of late it seems his stock has remained consistent while the stock of others has been rising. This creates a great scenario for the Bengals who land him far later in the draft than he was expected to go. There are areas of his game that need to be coached up and at this point his strength is considered to be that of a zone corner which works out well or the Bengals who tend to run more zone than man schemes at this point.

Round 3 - 92nd Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7M49UvJaV_AMklKqXhcx...A&usqp=CAU]

Cody Mauch - OT - N. Dakota St. - 6'5" 305

The Bengals did so well with Cordell Volson that they go back to N.D. and grab his teammate. Mauch , IMO, would be given the opportunity to compete with Collins, Williams, and Carman for the RT position. However, he does not have outstanding length so working inside may be his best move in the NFL. Ironically, he has drawn comparison to Alex Cappa. Regardless of position he gives the Bengals an outstanding player that can start or backup at multi positions and certainly would look to be a starter eventually. The line has to improve and these first two selections will go along way in doing so.

Round 4 - 110th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZJFtyroUW6fg0nn6uyyx...A&usqp=CAU]

Tyler Scott - WR - UC - 5'11" 185

Pure speed! Scott is a former RB that has only been playing WR for two seasons but he has grown in the position at a rapid rate. Has drawn comparisons to T.Y. Hilton because of his size and speed as well as game play attributes. Scott should continue to mature into the position and should be a serious mismatch problem in this offense. Scott has the real potential to take the ball to the house every time he touches it. He must be respected for his ability to take the top off of the defense especially with the other receivers that teams must account for in this offense.

Round 4 - 113th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrEABCMAkUbxxJg1qm9DH...w&usqp=CAU]

Cam Jones - LB - Indiana - 6'3" 225

A physical and athletic LB that plays with outstanding football IQ and was a three time captain for the Hoosiers. He is a former DB and 2022 was a break out season for Jones. Jones is still learning the LB position but should fit well with guys like Logan Wilson. I definitely want to see the Bengals bring Pratt back but if it does not work out Jones will certainly help to ease the pain. Jones has a high ceiling at the LB position.

Round 4 - 131st Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTv_yRmYxBiCsJLfWCHEtt...A&usqp=CAU]

DJ Turner - CB - Michigan - 6'0" 180

Turner may not have elite size for the position but what he does possess is just natural cover skills. He remains glued to the receiver and has elite long speed. Turner does have elite feet and he is very smooth when transitioning and flipping his hips. Has shown the ability to play at a high level in both man and zone coverage. Will be an excellent addition to this defensive backfield and will be a great asset should Chido not be 100% to begin the season.

Round 5 - 165th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5JYIS3PzR8dg6K1EkI3r...g&usqp=CAU]

Israel Abanikanda - RB - Pitt - 5'11" 215

This kid is the best RB in the draft that no one has heard of and could have a higher potential than many that you have heard of. Israel will only be 21 when the season begins. Israel runs with the power that you would expect when you look at his build but he also has the speed to be able to outrun defenders to the edge. Israel has displayed good vision and very good feet. He is still a work in progress but brings playmaking ability to the field. If you have not seen any film on this kid then I would encourage you to watch some.

Round 6 - 206th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAu8p7Q9WNbQaIKb6OJqG...w&usqp=CAU]

Cameron Latu - TE - Bama - 6'5" 245

I believe Latu is the most underrated TE in this draft. I like the mentality that he brings to the position being a former defensive edge rusher. As with most good edge rushers Latu has quick twitch abilities which allows him to get in and out of breaks quickly and to create separation from defenders. When you watch film on Latu it is hard to believe that you are watching a guy playing his first year as a collegiate TE. He has shown to be a natural at the position with good hands and a high football IQ. He will only continue to improve as he learns the nuances of the position. While blocking is an aspect he is still developing it is also not a true weakness either. I really like what this kid brings to the position and the chance to learn from Hurst should be huge for Latu.

Round 7 - 248th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvbOZpq44xYVkPSMwZLf3...w&usqp=CAU]

Devonnsha Maxwell - DT - Chattanooga - 6'2" 296

Maxwell was an interior pass rusher at Chattanooga as well as an academic standout. I see him as a developmental three technique that has the potential to be a very disruptive interior player. Maxwell plays with good awareness and looks to have the abilities that if they continue to develop could produce a player with a relatively high ceiling.
Reply/Quote