Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Sessions hearing is riveting!
(06-14-2017, 02:39 AM)Dill Wrote: Yes, the big shift came in the mid-90s. Gingrich's GOPAC memo is the first big step towards today's mess.
http://themoderatevoice.com/newt-gingrich-and-his-list-of-words/.  Worthy of Goebbels.

One slight tweak of your point, though,  we had an unnecessary war and recession under Bush. Complaining about that was not just partisan business as usual.

Also, if you keep throwing everything against the wall, people believe it sticks.

And Rush Limbaugh teaching the media how to slant even further, with his radio and late night tv show.
I'm pretty sure that Morton Downey Jr was more ethical and unbiased.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(06-13-2017, 06:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I don't think it is a new development. I remember the Iran-Contra hearings. Although I don't remember Watergate, we could go back as far as Nixon.

Look guys, Trump has been totally vindicated. Sessions will be totally vindicated. You know who else was totally vindicated? Nixon. Get over it. Republicans are the bestest and the demitards smell!

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(06-13-2017, 07:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I was commenting that during my lifetime it seems like some sort of investigation is ongoing affecting both parties. I would be inclined to believe my parents would have similar recollections. My grandparents I'm not sure.

Purely subjective but, I do believe with the advent of 24 hour cable news coverage, the increase of internet news outlets, and social media the political parties and their political advisers are becoming more adept at using the media to their advantage. So I believe we are probably more exposed to the information. But, I'm not sure the political investigations and/or scandals are occurring at an increased rate.

Back in my Army days I learned a phrase, "Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations."  I always believed it came from SERE school. Later, I learned the phrase was coined by political consultant, Roger Stone.

Pretty much the philosophy of Donnie Boy's personal attorney (along with find clients with deep pockets and get paid up front).
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.